Make ALL the dutch accounts alts!

lightsage

[size=4]Due to the public wifi on the trains (which are used a LOT here in the Netherlands). Several Dutch accounts have been marked as alts. This is rather inconvenient.[/size]

[size=4]The wifi gets routed through Germany by T-Mobile. This should make it quite[/size] easy to distinguish.

[size=4]To everyone planning to use wifi on the train in the Netherlands, be aware.[/size]

[size=4]PS:[/size]

[size=4]My IP at the time of posting this (on a train) is: [i]88.128.80.4[/i][/size]

• Root Admin

if you can get a number of IP addresses, or even a range of them used for said wireless this would be helpful.

Google "whats my ip" when using it and post the results. Its likely to be a /24 or a number of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The IP addresses appear to be fixed per train line. I usually have IP 88.128.80.5 or 88.128.80.6. I also occasionally take the train with IP 88.128.80.4 and have most certainly used other trains as well, a while back.

• Root Admin

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1366955462' post='135310']
The IP addresses appear to be fixed per train line. I usually have IP 88.128.80.5 or 88.128.80.6. I also occasionally take the train with IP 88.128.80.4 and have most certainly used other trains as well, a while back.
[/quote]

Cool, that means they are using NAT and not assigning global IP addresses. Thanks Samon, i shall look into this now.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...