Memories - A Quest of Storytelling Results

Syrian

1st - Jester
2nd - addy
3rd - Dan Planewalker
4th - DARK DEMON

Jester - [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1st - Rustgold, Gold Coin, Pimped Grasan 3 Spicy Pickles, 3 [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Heat Stones, [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BMMO Silver Gift[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]addy - [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2nd - Spell stone*, Pimped Grasan, 2 Spicy Pickles, 2 [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Heat Stones, [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BMMO Silver Gift[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dan Planewalker - [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3rd - Spell stone, Pimped Grasan, Spicy Pickle, [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Heat Stone, [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BMMO Silver Gift [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]DARK DEMON - 4th - Pimped Grasan, Spicy Pickle [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you have questions please put them here, and not in game messages. thank you [/font][/color]

[log Spoiler]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"][size=3][size=4]==========================1[/size][/size][/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]==========================[/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]He pulls back and looks into my eyes. At that moment I saw, for the first time, true fear within him. I stare back, unaware of anything. "Mother!" he cried. I slowly stand up pulling him up with me, without saying a word. The roaring of the dragon was much nearer now. I whispered something into his ear and he nodded as he stopped crying. We had to go. (this should be in the same paragraph)[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As we hurried our way out of the palace, a thundering noise was heard and the whole palace began to shake. I gasped and looked up; it was all collapsing! We hurried out and then saw the dragon, it's eyes filled with raw anger. "Illius!" I shouted, but it was no use. The dragon swept down at that very moment and I stopped dead in my tracks as a huge fireball shot out of it's mouth and hit the palace roof. We ran as fast as we could to escape the destruction. The entire structure had fallen and now lay a heap of rubble. I fell to my knees. Ithlirian was shouting beside me, but still I could not hear him. I was surrounded by corpses. All hope was lost. I closed my eyes.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I opened them after what seemed like years. The entire scene had changed. I saw horrifying images. They were destroying my mind. Then the dragon roared and I realized it was right in front of me, glaring with fiery eyes. I looked around, but Ithlirian was gone. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I shouted, "So you got your revenge? You have destroyed me!". I thought it would burn me alive right there, but then it spoke, "Revenge? Dragons do not fight for revenge. I gain no satisfaction watching you suffer!" I closed my eyes again, still crying. "Then... why?" The words were barely a whisper. The dragon replied in an angrier tone, "So that you realize how I feel!" I looked away, realizing the truth. I had failed. Failed to control my sons. And now they were gone. I opened my mouth to speak but it continued, "However, I shall grant you a second chance." I looked up into it's eyes; the glare had disappeared. "You may either bring your two sons back to life, or you may live your life once again. But know that choosing one, will forever doom the other."[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I stopped crying and looked down with dead eyes. For a moment I was happy... I could have my children back! Then I heard a cold, dark voice inside me: "Wasn't this just what you always wanted?". I gasped at the fact that how could I think of such a thing. Meanwhile, the dragon waited, gazing at me all the time. Then the voice said again, "Fool! You have an opportunity to undo the past! Why waste it?" Overcome with selfishness, I looked up at the dragon and breathed my wish. A brilliant, white flash. Then darkness.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I wake up in a wooden room. My head hurts, but I know nothing. I strangely look around at my surroundings? Where am I? What is this place? More importantly... who am I? Repeatedly asking myself these questions, I sense an eerie feeling inside myself. I shrug like any other twelve-year-old would, and then smile. I am free.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Deep inside the child, an inaudible voice shouts:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"No! What is this? I wanted to live my life as a QUEEN again! Now I'm stuck with a CHILD? No no no! I have been betrayed!"[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Consumed with hatred, the queen realizes she has been tricked. She will never forget this, now or never.[/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[/log][/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[log Spoiler] [/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]=========================2=[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]==========================[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]After Ithlirian threw me against the wall, my body laid motionlessly on the ground. But it was not because of the pain - my body and my mind had been through worse kind of pain - I laid on the ground because there was no reason for me to get up, the mission is complete. The terrible purpose of my life was fulfilled. Around me, chaos started to spread: the dragon's roar asking blood vengeance, planted seed of fear deeply in the heart of everybody present; civilians hurriedly ran for shelters; soldiers tried to regroup into formations. However, my mind was at peace. A resplendent serenity reigns over me. It had been a very long time since my last having this state of mind… I laid there on the ground, as past memories were racing through my head, waiting for someone to give me a merciful blow that ended my contradictory existence…[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I recalled my childhood, my research, and my training: everything that made me the person I were, that brought about this situation. I had been born the first son of the royal family. I was Prince Illius. I was the legitimate heir to the throne. From generation to generation, the crown was passed from father to son. My grandfather was a wise philosopher and a fair ruler. Our marvelous city was built under his reign. My father was a brave warrior and a brilliant researcher. He discovered and taught our people the way of magic. What an irony that his first born failed to use advanced spells. Nevertheless, Father loved me. In fact, maybe Father was the only person who truly loved me for who I am.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The memories of my childhood were tender and fond. I was remarked since an early age for my ability to learn. It was said that I inherited Grandfather’s mind. My father taught me how to be a leader, where as Mother taught me magic. Before becoming queen, she was the brightest student of my father. Although my body is strong and my sense is sharp, I ultimately failed my mother’s expectation. At the beginning, I pleased Mother with my intelligence: I understood quickly the notion of magic that she disciplined. When I am old enough, she tutored me basic spells. I learnt to manipulate small objects with my inner force. When I absolutely concentrated, I achieved a certain state of mind that permitted me to reach out and even move stones around without using a single muscle. I remembered Father once told me: “the ultimate goal of a warrior is the gain total control of his body. The most gracious blow is dealt preciously to its destination, with the use of exact amount of strength. No more, no less”. I made it my goal as a spell caster to gain the control of each and every thought, to use the “muscle” of my mind with grace. However, as I underwent the training of magic, I encountered an invisible wall. I arrived at my limit: I cannot cast advanced spells. When I tried to conjure a flame or a thunder bolt, I felt as if the very core of my soul was being drained away. My instinct told me to stop before I used up my spiritual strength and what left of me a mindless carcass. Mother noticed it too. But she convinced herself that it was because of my age and mustered all her patience to teach me. But time wore her patience out, and she lost hope in me.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]It was then when Mother raised the question about a second child to my father. The King had his reasons to refuse, but for the love of his queen, he granted her wish. Father had never lost hope in me, even when he was on his dead bed. It was in our tradition for the royal family to have only one child. My father believed that each child was born into royalty by the will of our ancestors. Very often, Father told me: “our existence in this world has a purpose. When the time comes, the purpose of your life too will be revealed”. Little had I known, it would be the last day of my life.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Afterwards, the talented Ithlirian – the shining star of our kingdom – was born. His magical force is strong, as if he excessively inherited the power that should have been mine. Ever since, Mother focused all her attentions on him. My people is drawn toward him like mayflies towards light. I became a stranger in my rightful castle.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Years later, the kingdom entered a smoldering war. Father asked me to come with him to the battle field, for he thought I was more than capable, and he wanted to see the fruit of my training. I accepted and thanked him for the reason he didn’t say. I didn't feel sad leaving the castle behind. I looked forward to being on the battlefield to prove my worthiness of my title - Prince Illius.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]This war was later on referred by historians as the five year war. We won the war, but we lost our king. Although our soldiers were brave and discipline, although our leader were mighty and farsighted, the Enemies were massive. Their life span was not as long as ours, their army was consisted of warriors willing to throw their life away. But under any circumstance, Father always treated his soldiers with fairness, whether they can use magic or not. He cared for their life all the same. In every battle, Father always fought on the front line, using his magic to blast away the Enemies and heal our brave soldier. As I fought side by side with him, I grew after each battle. I learnt from Father. His movements are gracious, he struck with might. He fought beautifully, as dancer on scene. Enemies’ scarlet red blood contrasted his snow white skin. After years on the battle field, I was hardened. The flame of war tempered my body into grim steel. Battle’s merciless cold blade shaped my mind. In every battle, there were always unfortunate fallen comrades. In the end, every person would die, but what mattered was how you had lived, and what you died for. They had led a life of valor and honor. And they died protecting what they loved. Sometime I wondered what I was fighting for. And how would I die? Was it worth dying for the people who rejected me? I was here on the battle field because Father asked me to. My loyalty for my king was my cause. I would decide my fate.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]And like that the war went on for years. Our body and our mind were worn out. Even Father started to show sign of weariness. His magic was drained like sandglass through time. But one thing kept us fighting: victory was near. Soon, we would march into Enemy’s capital.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]…[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Today, the army will return to its homeland victorious. Those barbaric beasts never stood a chance against our powerful mages. Such foolish creatures. Waiting to invade us? But five years were too long. Had it been an army consist of spell casters, led by my Ithlirian and the Elf King, the war would have been over in no time. A moment ago my son had gone to greet his father at the border. They should be back soon.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Father and Brother will come home today. When they had left for war, I was too young. I regretted not being able to fight side by side with them. I heard great stories and songs about their battles. From Burning Field, Red River to Dark Valley, the Elf King spread fear into enemies' heart. But the one I admired the most is Brother. Even though he could not use spell freely, he fought evenly side by side with Father. I believed he is the best swordsman in the kingdom.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Not so long after we returned home, Father became gravely sick. In his last moment, he called for me. And he warned me about the danger of moving heaven and earth to use magic. He vested me with the task to study and truly understand magic. That was the last task Father gave me...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Day after day, I kept researching about magic and the reason why I could not use it like everybody else. I started to lose my notion of time. How long had I been staying in the palace's library? The time for me is now measured by books and chapters. Two books ago, I stumble upon a document about people of my kind, the people who cannot use magic. The more I read about them, the more I understood myself. One thing in particular struck me. This researcher had an insightful understanding on the matter. Unfortunately, the rest of his research was not published. But all hope was not lost. I found that his researches were done during his stay in a non-magic user community. I had a feeling that there was where I would find my answer.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]My plan was in action. Soon, the dilemma that I was in will be resolved. The kingdom would earn the king that it deserved.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The dragon is coming.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The army was no match for the dragon. Compared to it, human was like ants. Our spells could not go through its thick hide. It was then, for the first time in my life, I felt compassion and empathy. Freed from my prince's duty, liberated from my eternal quest for magic, now I could truly see. I was blinded by my desire for it.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]With each fallen soldier, I saw his essence leak away. However, when I reached out, that power was drawn towards me like fluid flowed to lower ground. I felt their yearning to protect this beloved city.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I would act now. It's true that elemental spells had no effects to primordial creature such as dragons. But there's one thing that it could not escape. For that, however, I would need their help.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Why did Brother betray me? All my life, I admired and trusted him. But still, he treated me this way. What made this world so twisted? As Mother held me in her arms, I felt safer.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Why did that betrayal and full of trickery Illius come to see us? As I hugged Ithlirian tighter, my empty gaze fell upon him.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I explained to Mother and Ithlirian the only to defeat a dragon: time. A dragon grew with time, a time reverse spell would bring it back to its vulnerable state. I would lead a few men to distract the dragon, while Ithlirian used that time to cast the spell that I taught him. Mother didn't trust me. But I saw in my brother's eyes belief. I assembled a few men and carried out my plan.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I saw in Brother what it took to be a leader. The few soldiers under his command worked together like a well oiled machine. The dragon was becoming tired. Mother told me that eyes were the weakness of dragons, and asked to use my spell aimed at it. I hesitated, but finally obeyed Mother.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The spell didn't kill it. The furious dragon blew a fireball at us. In that instant, Mother called out for Illius to save her son. Brother looked at her one last time with his sadden eyes. Then he quickly moved to block the fireball's path. His body was consumed by the fire. I rapidly casted the spell Illius told me. But my mind was filled with emotions. The spell went out of control, and drained my power. But the spell would work. It wound reverse the age of everything in its influence zone. This city would be saved...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I rushed to Ithlirian's side to provide him with what left of my magical power. But i was too late. His life's force faded away. With the tremendous power that he had put into his spell, time and space were distorted with him and me at the centre. In that ever second which lasted eternally, I was thrown outside of this dimension. I transcended time, space and life itself. Presently, everything was inside me, and I was inside everything. I saw the past, now and what yet to come. I understood reasons, desires and consequences. Then I felt those of my sons. Ithlirian's admiration for his brother. Illius's shame of his disability, his inability to take the role of future king. His plan to make Ithlirian the hero of this kingdom. His finally moment's thought. My mind was overwhelmed by thoughts. My heart was chained down by feelings. I could not bear any longer the memories of the people who I wronged.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I decided to retreat into the depth of my mind. I let myself slide mindlessly to an uncertain destiny. I was trapped inside an never ending dream.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Until one day, I heard a whisper. My eyes were opened. Cautiously, I examined my surrounding from a deep corner of my soul. A lengthy scroll of paper was laying on the desk, I wonder what is in it…[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]

[/log]
[log Spoiler] [/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]=========================3=[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]==========================[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]PART II[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The wall separating us from the world suddenly disintegrated under the searing plasma of dragon fire. As the smoke cleared my gaze was drawn to one enormous, reptilian eye where the wall used to be. It spoke without words. GIVE ME THE CHILD KILLER. I shuddered under the pressure of that voice in my head, still clutching my son to me.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]"But it wasn't his fault!" I screamed. "Someone tricked him!" The Dragon blinked its giant eye once, lazily. THEN WHO? I hesitated. Could I really save one son at the cost of the other? Then I remembered Illius' face earlier, and looked down at Ithlirian clutched to my chest, trembling at the sight of the mother of the child he had slain.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I had to do something... The Dragon's head withdrew from the window and I looked over at Illius staggering to his feet. He glared at Ithlirian with a look of intense hatred, barely even noticing the Dragon. That's when I made up my mind.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]"It was him!" I shouted and leapt to my feet, pointing at Illium and hating myself for it. He looked up at me in shock and betrayal while Ithlirian looked up at me in a daze from the ground where he lay. The Dragon turned to regard Illium, who glared back. "I knew you always loved Ithlirian more!" He screamed. "Fine then! Take me! I don't care!" The Dragon opened its mouth, and then paused, sniffing the air. With an air of calculated menace it turned back towards me. I SMELL HIS BLOOD ON THIS ONE.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I froze, trying to find words. My head was full of Illium's voice and my betrayal. Suddenly the Dragon opened its mouth and snatched up Ithlirian. He screamed, once, before the Dragon bit him in half. Blood rained down over the courtyard and Ilium. I stared in shock. The sorrow hadn't set in yet, all I felt was emptiness. More Dragons arrived, and they proceeded to raze my Kingdom to the ground, piece by piece. Ilium and I watched in silence as the Kingdom said to be the very Palace of the Gods was turned into naught but ash and charred rubble.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]PART III[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]One month has passed since that fateful day. Ilium and I live together in the woods. Our former people want nothing to do with us and attack us on sight for the crime of destroying our Kingdom. Ilium and I do not talk. I can tell hes broken, from the loss of his life purpose in besting his brother, and from my betrayal. He does little else besides stare at me with his accusing eyes.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Those eyes... they are all I see, along with Ithlirians confused face as the Dragon bit him in two. They haunt my dreams. I try not to sleep but sometimes the exhaustion becomes too much. I wake up screaming.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]But I have the answer... it came to me on my fifth day awake. Ithlirian appeared to me in a pond and gave it to me while I was gathering water. Ilium's eyes, those are the problem. If he wasn't always staring at me, a constant reminder of what has happened, perhaps I could forget.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]He's asleep now. I go get the knife I keep for self defense and walk quietly into his room. It takes a while and he struggles at first, but eventually the task is completed. His breathing slows... stops. I run into the woods carrying the accursed objects and cast them into the deepest pit I know of. Now, perhaps, I can rest...[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]At the door of the cabin I'm met by a strange creature who looks like a living shadow. In one hand he is holding a cube, and the other he extends to me. I take the hand...[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I feel my mind being split, and when I awake I'm not just me anymore...[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]

[/log]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]=========================4=[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]==========================[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]THE MEMORIES LONG FORGOTTEN(continued)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The roar of the dragon, shrieking with pain for its child, could now be heard more distinctively..more..closer.I just lay there, barely blinking, barely moving, holding my son to give him comfort yet finding none for myself.What is this strange feeling.. of not feeling anything?..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Ithlirian felt I could guard him from everything, make the monsters go away, so to speak. He held me tight, his fear now clearly diminishing. He was painfully oblivious to the fact that he was the cause of his own fear.His GULLIBILITY..had led our palace to its demise..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]‘We must leave..’ I whispered, pushing myself up along with my son. I held his hand as we ran, ran across the dim corridors, ran across the fountain palely illuminated by the moonlight that fell on it.But where were we running?..There was no place to run, I knew that..I always knew that..and yet..my feet kept moving..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The roar was deafening..this, was the true feelings that a mother should feel for her son.. sorrow for when her son gets hurt and hatred for those who hurt him.. not like the empty slate I had turned into. No. This is not how a mother should feel.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]There was no doubt, the dragon was already in the palace, and was probably destroying everything in his sight in order to find he who had done this terrible deed to her heart… my younger son , Ithlirian. I had no idea where to run, but I kept running, to keep up the illusion like something could still be done, if not for me then for my younger son.This was how a mother should react, I knew that much.. yet shouldn’t I have felt something more stirring in my heart than just it beating blood through my body?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]And then.. my eyes fell on it. At that moment I knew all hope was lost.. how could I have ignored something so obvious right infront of my face.. his hands were still stained black from using forbidden magic.. no doubt learnt from watching his older brother.. he indeed was a prodigy, and that indeed would lead to his demise..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I stopped running and slapped myself right then and there.Ithlirian looked up at me, his eyes big with fear, panting heavily from all the running, but I did not care. I couldn’t let this continue.. this.. negativity.. thinking that my own sons demise was near.. what went wrong with me??..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]…and why?..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]‘Mommy, what’s wrong?’ he asked me with fear, his voice quivering, unable to sustain himself, tears forming around his eyes.His hand was stained with forbidden magic needed to kill a dragon.. dragons can smell the scent that such magic leaves lignering on the body.. now that the dragon was in the palace, escape was not an option.He could smell us, now we had no hopes of escaping.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Even though this realisation hit me like bricks, I still was numb. Was it Illius’s treachery that did this to me? Or was it the realisation that my love had not been enough for him? [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Or was it, perhaps, the realisation that I had failed to love him enough to make him think there was more to life then just power?..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]We now stood near the back exit of our palace, in the grassy plains sorrounded by nothing as smoke rose from the palace, seemingly attempting to smother the skies.The palace aflame, looked like a candle burning brightly, soon to be extinguished , burned to the end, and thus losing its existence and all meaning in its life.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]And then we saw it.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]It was massive, the red scales reflecting the flames from the palace, its wings flapping through the smoke, as it headed for us.It let out another roar, and this was not filled with anger or sorrow, this was filled with the soul of vengeance.It had found its prey.And it will have its vengeance.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]It let out another roar, flames erupting from its mouth, charring and burning the grass as it landed a few feet away from us.The rumbling in her mouth was deafening, I knew there was no hope now.Dragons are vastly powerful creatures, defeating her was beyond hope.A child is one thing, but only the ones who can enfuse the vastly superior forms of magic in their body could possibly stand a chance against a dragon this huge.I had forbidden the teachings of such magic to my children in fear that such power at such young age could corrupt the mind.. but Illius in his greed for power and ambitions to surpass his brother had taken to studying such magic in secrecy.. it was probably through his direct interference that Ithlirian had even managed to kill a baby dragon.Truly..no hope was left.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]It reared its head to send us away with smoke and ashes.My son was afraid, clutching onto me like a baby would cling onto his mother, expecting her to guard him from the cruelties of the world.I, on the other hand, did not know what to do.. my mind was numb and my head was blank.. I.. was dead inside..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]‘STOP!!!!!’ yelled a familiar voice.My tears forming around my eyes stopped for a brief moment as I gaze open eyed at my older son, running towards us, unafraid of the dragon.My younger son clinged on to me more steadfast than before, having learned to fear his older brother, something that would probably last him through every moment he lived.His older brother had ruined him forever, but perhaps, he could make things right again.He had in his arsenal few of the most potently dangerous, ancient and forbidden spells of our kingdom, acquired through years of studying.He could defeat this dragon.. there was still hope..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The dragon turned to look at the new adversary that had dared to ask her to stop on her path to avenge her son.Her eyes were fiery red as it gazed upon my older son, feeling hatred that was sent spiraling out of her body as an aura that could be felt all around her.She raised her head and let out a scorching spray of fire on Illius.Illius flicked his index finger across, instantly turning the flames direction to miss him.Such talent.. he himself was nothing short of a prodigy.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]He raised both his arms up toward the heavens as he grinned..’I come for a peace offering, dragon,’ he said, with no fear in his eyes.Ithlirian clinged on to me, afraid of what was going to happen.’I am not the one who killed your son, as you can see from the lack of scent of forbidden magic from my body’[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]No..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Was this..his plan..?..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]How could he..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Was he..really..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]My son..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]‘The one who killed your son, is over there,’ he said, pointing towards his own younger brother,’ lets make a simple trade.We offer you the one thing that killed your son, your family, took everything away from you and in return, you leave,’ he said.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Ithlirian was still afraid, clinging on to me more desperately, crying his eyes out as he pleaded with me to protect him.I couldn’t think anymore, this was all too much for me.I had lost all sensations in my body and my mind..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The dragon slowly turned his head, away from Illius, glaring straight down at me.Ithlirian’s wails were falling upon my ears, but I could not feel them.I just stared open eyes at my older son with shock.. was he always like this?Where had I gone wrong?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]‘Mom, please step back’ Illius told me with a straight face, no emotion leaking from his face.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]‘Mommy please don’t leave me!’ Ithlirian wailed at me, begging me to not leave his side till the bitter end.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I clinged on to my child.I could not do this.. no matter what goes wrong, my son is my son.. I would never leave his side.We’ll die together.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I looked straight down into his eyes ‘its okay.. everything will be all right’ I assured him.I wanted him to feel safe, atleast until we both would meet the same fate together. That was the least I could do for my son.He looked up at me, tears still welling up around his eyes, but just a little bit slower now though.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]And then…there was blood..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Ithlirian’s eyes went wide, as he stared up at me..’moth…er..?’ he asked, as he coughed up blood.I gazed down with my eyes wide open in shock.The dragons claw, pushed swiftly and irrevocably through my sons fragile chest greeted my eyes.He pulled Ithlirian away from me, Ithlirian extending his arms for me, begging me to protect him as he got dragged away.I just looked.I felt nothing.The dragon bit into my sons neck.In just a few, blood stained moments, there was nothing left of my son..except for his head, clutched in the teeth of the dragon.The dragon extended his wings to its full capacity, beating away the air with its massive figure as it flew away.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I just stood there.. I knew I should cry..But I couldnt do it..I couldn’t force myself to do anything anymore.. this was it.. this was what had happened.. I couldn’t run from it anymore.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]‘come mom, come to your son, everything is all right’ Illius said, extending his arms to me, for a hug.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I began to walk over to him slowly..slowly starting to feel something stirring in my heart..’my son..,’ I whispered ,’..my family..my everything..’[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I reached to him as he smiled at me.Smiled at me with true darkness in his heart.’…you took it away from me…’ I whispered to him as I got to him.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]His eyes flew wide as he gazed into mine.’mo..mmy..?’ he whispered, as he fell onto me, holding me for support.’wh…y..?’ he asked me, as he gazed down at his bloodied torso.I couldn’t think anymore, I couldn’t hear anything anymore.My right hand tearing through his chest like the dragon had done to my son..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I pulled my hand out of him,and threw him aside. Holding my bloodied hand straight under the dimming moonlight, I began to walk towards the palace, slowly, my head cast down, feeling vengeance stir up my soul.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Illius lay on the ground bleeding slowly to the same fate he had tossed his brother to.He looked at me one final time with fear.. or rather, I turned my head to gaze at his fear laced face just one last time.’Mom..do you..did you..really love.. Ithlirian more..’ he said before the coughing blood stopped him from speaking.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I answered him with one last smile.A smile filled with the same darkness that he had sought all his life.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I am not a queen.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I am not a mother.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I am..dead..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I turned my head away, and resumed walking to the palace, a slow, solemn grin beginning to form on my face.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]--------------------x------x-------x-----------------------------[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]The fires, raged across the palace through the night. The screams of several terrified denizens only overshadowed by the cracklings of the solemn laughter that escaped into the chilled dead skies..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Laughter, heard from a fleeting shadow that some make claims could be seen through the smoke and flames. The flames that raged across the lands left death in its wake, and then by the morning there was nothing left in the field of broken hearts..[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]..Not even ashes.[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]
[/log][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Syrian