Broken Pattern Gazeebo interior

Dalorian

Hello all. Ive been messing with this puzzle for about 4 hours straight now, and the closest i was able to get was to only have 2 of the floor tiles not lite up.

I figured out that You must re-arange the tiles in such a way that activating the exact right tiles, will turn all of one section on or off at the same time, and that sometimes this meens you have to spend alot of time re-aranging all the tiles to balance it out. But I have yet to figure it completely out and solve it yet because it is very very tricky.

You have to be able to remember which tiles are programed with which tiles and co-ordinate them in such a way that your last click activates the last of the tiles. But....

If anyone has any further advice on how to solve this puzzle. Please provide it here. I am getting frustrated LOL...

:)

:P

:lol:

not that i know how, and i think only like 8 people officially completed it in time for origional prizes

but telling you how to do the puzzle would be counted as a spoiler, and so shouldnt really tell you

Well, I managed, Like i said above, to get down to 2 pieces. But that was when i first tried it.

I never managed to turn them all black, and i didnt really try. What I did was I clicked each square, and counted the black spaces it left behind. As long as it was either equal too, or less then the previouse black tile count, I left the change in place, and re-checked all the tiles again to see if any would decrease the ammount of black tiles on the table.

Each time I tried this after I didnt get the same results however, And this is what made me realize that there was a pattern to the chaos :lol:

I actually managed to get the Puzzle down to 2 tiles in 2 different positions only twice.. :) 222 :lol:

You have to be able to remember which tiles are programed with which tiles and co-ordinate them in such a way that your last click activates the last of the tiles. But....

You're right, but a human brain probably can't handle that many tiles and their relationships at once. That's why we have pens and papers, or computers and spreadsheets. :(

• 5 weeks later...

Everybody keeps saying pen and paper.

I've stacked enough paper next to the computer to explain all the deforestation of the Amazon and enough pens to fill a pool with ink. Still don't have a clue as to the pattern of the puzzle.

Was I supposed to write something on the paper?

I totally agree with phrog. I tried numbering each piece n everytime i clicked on one, i would write which one turned orange, i tried random clicking, banging the mouse lol

Can't we have a clue lol.....pen n paper means nothing. I know for sure that i am going nowhere fast. To the guys that solved it, was it just a random JAGGER win or was there a method that u used and that u used that method to turn orange more than once lol

I used Excel to take notes instead of pen and paper, but yes, this information means nothing as a clue. That's why people are giving it away freely. :D

Anyway, I also used

Visio

, and that might count as a slight hint, but you don't really need it.

I'm not sure how 'random' other people's solutions are, but with mine, other than making the tiles all orange, I can make any combination of orange and black tiles, and the method is not random. B) However, I made a few discoveries before I could get to that step, and most discoveries are random to a degree - you just don't know when you're going to realize something that you didn't the moment before.

I used pen and paper + word document.

Doesn't mean much in any case; I gave up shortly after the contest ended after I spent around 36 hours on it. :) I was sort of growing depressed because of all the people saying they felt stupid for not getting how to solve it the easy way after solving it, since I couldn't solve it at all. Hurrah mates! Forget about the puzzle and let's be together in our failure~

yes i spent over an hour and didnt make any proggress

i thoroughly gave up on it rather quickly since there was no prize anymore for solving it

there should be afew puzzles mainly very tough ones like that to give prizes again it would make people come online more again and try their hardest to solve them

much like this contest now more people are trying to get to the top and thus logging in and staying logged in

it would help give some people with disadvantage a chance to get maybe a new creature or something worthwile

like maybe +5 to all stats or something small but worth it like 500 vit max and vp max or a choice of either of the 4

i would choose vp max myself as i do love my creatures and just got the joker yayayyay me

Can't we have a clue lol.....pen n paper means nothing. I know for sure that i am going nowhere fast. To the guys that solved it, was it just a random JAGGER win or was there a method that u used and that u used that method to turn orange more than once lol

I'll drop you some clues. If anyone else here feels like I'm giving away too much, just yell and I'll edit them out of the post.

Count the total number of pieces.

On your paper, or in your spreadsheet, list them down the page.

Click each piece.

Ignore for a moment "which" pieces it affects, and count "how many" pieces it affects.

Record this on your paper, or in your spreadsheet.

Think about what you've found...

Start with that and see what you can come up with. Also, I only know the way that I arrived at the solution; I'm pretty sure it's not the only way, and knowing me it's probably not the most efficient way either, but like Sacosphilz, I can now shape the entire puzzle to my choosing.

And while I'm at it, some generic advice...

Don't let the complexity of a puzzle overwhelm you - if it seems insurmountable, try breaking it down.

If your mind gets weary or frustrated with a puzzle, take a break and come back later - a fresh look after a good rest is often the best way to discover things that are "hiding in plain sight".

I'll drop you some clues. If anyone else here feels like I'm giving away too much, just yell and I'll edit them out of the post.

Count the total number of pieces.

On your paper, or in your spreadsheet, list them down the page.

Click each piece.

Ignore for a moment "which" pieces it affects, and count "how many" pieces it affects.

Record this on your paper, or in your spreadsheet.

Think about what you've found...

Start with that and see what you can come up with. Also, I only know the way that I arrived at the solution; I'm pretty sure it's not the only way, and knowing me it's probably not the most efficient way either, but like Sacosphilz, I can now shape the entire puzzle to my choosing.

And while I'm at it, some generic advice...

Don't let the complexity of a puzzle overwhelm you - if it seems insurmountable, try breaking it down.

If your mind gets weary or frustrated with a puzzle, take a break and come back later - a fresh look after a good rest is often the best way to discover things that are "hiding in plain sight".

Thanks i will try that lol I NEED to solve it, it is driving me insane *mad cackling laughter lol

• 2 months later...

Seriously? Because I've solved it ages ago but since I saw the challenge was already over I didn't post a screenshot.

And judging from the number of cries I hear from the late solvers (including one of my own), it seems that a lot of new players have already solved it. It will be hard to find a prize that is small enough to be given in great number yet is interesting enough to please the players (who may or may not compare it to the 'prize' that the old solvers already got)

I do want the same prize that the other solvers got, but I understand why it shouldn't be given now. <_<

Last time I checked (I don't remember where or what) Mur said something like: if you solved it even if the contest is over send me a screen shoot. So, is that too hard to post it in here? Maybe you will be rewarded. Who knows...