Stats

MiCHiE

Hi

I'm still quite new here but not THAT new to know that there's something fishy...

I played the game for about 2 days, got tired of all the waiting and skipped through all the quests, to notice that you had to gain a lot of experience, which should take a long time.

So I decided to start over and wait 24h every time since.

I'm almost at the part where I can start taking 24h ones, meaning I can just view my stats, and I see that my stats are... negative :/

is this some kind of bug?

or is it really possible, by a bad choice of principles, to have negative stats?

Kind regards

MiCHiE

yea the negative stats do kinda suck but its a feature that gives a little variety to the story and forces the player to think about what he/she should do next. on average though, the options give a positive stat change. ive gone through the story 7 times now, all of them different paths, and overall i had my stats increase at the end of the story with the exception of one.

tyran u died right :(

the point of negative stats is that when u chose a path u must accept the responsibility of chosing that if u work hard in the wrong path u get lots of negative stats and if u have a little work in right path u get little positive stats

but at the end there is no complete wrong or right path so beacuse of your hard work u get total positive stats

except suicide that is wrong :D so u get total negative stats and your profile ruin :)

• 1 month later...

I think I am having a similar problem with negative stats. It occurred between the clown in the fair and just after it... I bopped the clown with the rubber hammer and everyone laughed and had a good time, then I left and am currently resting under a tree.

I don't know when, but I noticed sometime after that, that my initiative and power went down approx. -3.6 each. I am pretty sure I didn't make any choices that would seem evil in any but the most abstract and obscure ways...

I mentioned this to Wodin in game and he seemed puzzled as well... I am not sure how to verify any choices I made but maybe there is a record of them? I'm very curious how this could have happened and at the very least would like to not do it again :D If it's a bug, I just hope this can help fix it.

Cheers.

you have to accept responsibility for what you do in game. what you do affects your character.

you did something bad and you lost some stats for it

See, that's where I'm confused... I have no idea what I could have done that would be "bad". I have no problem taking responsibility for my actions... but from my perspective it was completely random. If thats the way it works, fine, just tell me. But if I'm making choices that are "good" and stats dissapear... that concerns me.

Every choice you make in the story affects your stats

some might give you massive stats like i remember on my new mp3 guy i got like 3.9 initive one time but then i made a bad choice and got -2 int and -2 tradesense

it happens i am so varying my story to bad choice and good choice but i want good stats but i also dont want repetive of my last 2 gals

Every choice you make in the story affects your stats

some might give you massive stats like i remember on my new mp3 guy i got like 3.9 initive one time but then i made a bad choice and got -2 int and -2 tradesense

it happens i am so varying my story to bad choice and good choice but i want good stats but i also dont want repetive of my last 2 gals

Okay... I think I'm getting the idea then. I guess my last question for ya is did you know you were making a bad choice or did it just surprise you out of the blue? :-)

i knew

for starters look at what is going on

if you just sit back and click with out reading then you will just be blindsided

but if you read it then it will give you hints to what is good and what is bad like for instance if hjer face is meanacing then go with her but if her face is friendly go against her and so on

It's not like the choice necessarily has to be "evil".. in the first place, a player should have the right to play in whatever manner he or she would like to, and should not be punished because of different morals.

I've played a couple different routes and I think I lost more stats "on the good side" than when I was choosing the moderate options. For instance, I think that because I chose some things that could be considered rash (

like immediately choosing to play a game with Marind

), I lost trade sense. If it is based on morals, then I don't think it's right.

In any case, making one decision that gives you -stats can give you something else that is positive in return.. ;) So there is really no bad choice that I can think of; don't know what the others are saying.