Kafuuka's Paper Shaper Contest - The legacy continues!

Nimrodel

Hello MD folks!

So I was browsing through the old quest threads. And here is a forgotten contest that caught my eye :)

This contest is mainly for the Younger players of MD. The task is simple. Sign up in this thread. Get your Personal papers. Fill in your 'Comments on Self' Paper and 'Hate list' with respect to the details of the role you want to play in MD. Beautify it, add lots of colors! Be creative! Write up something that you can be proud of when you look back at your papers 1 year later and marvel at the progress you've made after joining MD!

How to sign up:

Take a screen shot of your MD page containing your Player name - ID - AD count with the date and Server time and post in this thread. Like this:

papershaper_zps65704823.png

AS long as you are below 100 Days AD or less as on when you register, we have absolutely no problem! ^_^

Rules of submission:
1.Deadline for submission is on 31th October 2013 2359 ST 7th November 2013 2359 ST. You have 2 solid months to create your piece!
2.Only main account is allowed.
3.A character can make only 1 final entry in the contest.
4.All characters that wish to partake in this contest, are required to have their public profile visible.*
5.Papers will be reviewed by the jury members starting from November 1st 0000 ST. The top 5 will be publicized on the forum, the other participants will be sent their individual scores by private mail.
6.Only the comments on self and the hate list will be reviewed.
7.The words of the jury members are final.
8.Participants are encouraged to have their papers proofread by other players or ask advise both on story writing, the MD realm, and coding.
9.Any attempts at cheating or bribery comes to my ears, you shall be banned from not only this quest but all my other quests too.
10. See This as an attempt to build up your role too. Whatever you put up on your papers, RP it in the game as well. Take screen shots as proofs.

*To make the public profile visible again, open your personal page in HTML mode, remove everything, including breaks and white spaces, and save it in html mode. If you have no idea what we're talking about then you never edited it and thus it's still working perfect. You can verify yours and other participant's profiles by looking at the links in the list of participants. Also we will try to verify if anything has gone wrong and look for a solution. With different browsers and a mix of scripts you never know, but the emphasis of this contest is not knowledge of browsers at all.

Scoring process: (as from the Original Paper Shaper contest )

1. Each of the following Criteria will be given a rating from 1 to 10, by each of the jury members, for a total of 80 points maximum:

1.1 Literary skills, style, presentation
How well is your character presented? Grammar, punctuation, use of paragraphs and maybe some eye candy make papers fun to look at. Clever word use, rhyme schemes and your own literary style make them worth reading.
1.2 Originality
Memorable characters are the ones that stand out, that are more unique than others. Be it an unsuspected twist on an old tale, a complicated scheme or something we've never heard before.

1.3 Character balance and integration with MD
We can't all be number one, in fact most people are average. (If you don't believe this, Google Normal distribution.) You might be better at some things, but you'll be worse at others. MD does not have stat buy like d&d has and even if you were to "translate" all characters into that system, not all of them would have started with 32 points. Some people like to have powerful characters, others have fun with 'gimped' characters, but no one likes to play with a godmodder. You should also keep in mind that Magic Duel is not a game of elves and dwarves nuking each other with fireball spells. The game mechanics only let a small amount of people cast spells. Your character might work to one day mastering one or two very powerful spells, but no one starts with them.
1.4 Role play, character adaptability and purpose
Staying in character is very important for a role play game! And so is having a character that can grow and adapt. You don't want to get bored of your character once he/she/it has done everything you've planned to do. New challenges should keep you occupied and they should come natural. Debts you've made while working towards your primary goal, new information that spiked your character's curiosity. How will your character deal with these, or with boredom? Your character's ideals and purpose are a key factor in determining it's future and interaction with others. TAKE SCREEN SHOTS OF YOUR ROLE PLAY. We don't want like 100 screen shots of every word you've uttered in MD. We want a few screen shots showing in character interaction with MD players spanning evenly over a period of 2 months.

2. Aside from this, each jury member can give an additional 2 bonus points or subtract two points, at his or her own discretion.

Rewards:
Depending on the number of participants, The rewards will be for first place, first three places, or first five places. Hurry up and register!

Sponsorship is appreciated :)

Reward Bundle rules:

Depending on the number of participants, the number of places to be rewarded will increase. If there are 10 or more participants, Then first three places will be rewarded. Other wise only 1 place will be rewarded.

1st place reward (less than ten participants) - rust gold drachorn (sponosred by the TKs) + choice of any two spell stones from the following list - Attack lock, move lock, toadspeak, teleport to paper cabin, and locate.

10 or more participants:

1st place rewards: 1 wishpoint (sponsored by the TKs) + Choice of any two spell stones from the following list: Attack lock, move lock, toadspeak, teleport to paper cabin, and locate + 3 Pickles (Sponsored by Syrian)

2nd place rewards: 1 rustgold drachorn (sponsored by the TKs) + choice of any two spell stones from the ones remaining after the first place winner has chosen + 2 Pickles (sponsored by Syrian)

3rd plce rewards: 1 soulweaver (sponsored by the TKs) + remaining spell stone after the first two places have chosen + 1 pickle(sponsored by Syrian)

The main purpose of this contest is to inculcate the spirit of good role play in MD and the use of personal papers to emphasize it. Be honest, play nice, be creative, interact with fellow MDers, grow and build up your role. All the best young players :)

List of players:

1. Andur
2. Dolomich
3. Aquellia
4. Mystire
5. Yasrin Luvien
6. Donald Black

7. Jorana

Quest has been extended by 1 week because it was requested. The quest shall end on 7th of November 2359ST. Don't forget to post screenshots of your roleplay too. Good luck.

Edited by Nimrodel

Reward Bundle rules:

Depending on the number of participants, the number of places to be rewarded will increase. If there are 10 or more participants, Then first three places will be rewarded. Other wise only 1 place will be rewarded.

1st place reward (less than ten participants) - rust gold drachorn (sponosred by the TKs) + choice of any two spell stones from the following list - Attack lock, move lock, toadspeak, teleport to paper cabin, and locate.

10 or more participants:

1st place rewards: 1 wishpoint (sponsored by the TKs) + Choice of any two spell stones from the following list: Attack lock, move lock, toadspeak, teleport to paper cabin, and locate.

2nd place rewards: 1 rustgold drachorn (sponsored by the TKs) + choice of any two spell stones from the ones remaining after the first place winner has chosen.

3rd plce rewards: 1 soulweaver (sponsored by the TKs) + remaining spell stone after the first two places have chosen.

Good luck participants :)

Count me in. It will be nice to work on the character a bit further and the contest will provide a
suitable opportunity to do so.

Awesomeness! 4 more participants and we can go for the awesome rewards!
Donald black please post a screenshot of your id, active day count and server date, time as I have posted above. That should confirm your registration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

here i come as last minute entry. you aint getting my magicduel social security number known as uid! so heres alternative age verification

[spoiler]

isySam9.png

[/spoiler]

explain this please

4.All characters that wish to partake in this contest, are required to have their public profile visible.*

as much as i see even if profile is changed theres still link that leads to normal one, but if comments on self and hate page are only ones being reviewed why do you need profile? i hope you arent judging papers according to profile. i am not that hard to be found ingame and my papers are meant to be seen ingame, not on profile. moreover i will do nice remake of profile so stuff are displayed properly up there too but that is in future when i get time. if you will be looking at profile it wont be that nice to look at, theres no background image set like on papers, i have custom styled scrollbar that fits papers (unlike browser one you see everywhere) which you cant see on profile and i have set margins because background image has decorations on edges, this margins arent friendly on profile

here i come as last minute entry. you aint getting my magicduel social security number known as uid! so heres alternative age verification

[spoiler]

isySam9.png

[/spoiler]

explain this please

as much as i see even if profile is changed theres still link that leads to normal one, but if comments on self and hate page are only ones being reviewed why do you need profile? i hope you arent judging papers according to profile. i am not that hard to be found ingame and my papers are meant to be seen ingame, not on profile. moreover i will do nice remake of profile so stuff are displayed properly up there too but that is in future when i get time. if you will be looking at profile it wont be that nice to look at, theres no background image set like on papers, i have custom styled scrollbar that fits papers (unlike browser one you see everywhere) which you cant see on profile and i have set margins because background image has decorations on edges, this margins arent friendly on profile

It clearly says that you need to mention the player Id. If you cant post a screenshot in the format prescribed above, you neednt participate. You are not someone special.

It means that during the period of judgement, the character cant change his/her papers multiple times and ask for the best paper to be taken for judgement or such.

4. Was posted before the changes were made to the system. I know that eye candy cannot be appreciated in public profiles. As I said Majority of the quest is not about eye candy but about rest of the stuff mentioned in the scoring guidelines. So if the judges need to refer to the 'content' when they cant seem to locate you, the public profile needs to be visible. And keeping that in mind the post was made. I'll change that.

Quest has been extended by 1 week because it was requested. The quest shall end on 7th of November. Good luck.

Quest has ended. Please idle at the wind's sanctuary whenever you can during the following two weeks so that the judges can see your papers. Else you'll be judged via the player profile page which wont show any of the css if you have put any in your papers. 

Most important: Please post screen shots of your roleplay. There are 20 points alloted for them. Can be a key deciding factor in your winning the quest.

Edited by Nimrodel

Hey Nim..

..I´m sorry, for I didn´t understand something, I guess.

You always tell us (participants) to post screen shots of our roleplay. Yes, I understand this. But.. where?

Where to post them?

Shall we put them into our papers? (I´m in fear, that would disturb my sense of beauty :()

Or post them here in this topic?

And if you now agree.. isn´t it too late for that now? I mean, the quest time is over, so I guess, it wouldn´t be allowed to change anything more in the papers, would it?

Greets so far :)

• 2 weeks later...