WTS Custom Avatars / Items

Blackthorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

That gypsy dancer looks a lot like it's received heavy computer play/shading, which would be against upload rules?

Correct, that should not be accepted.
Furthermore, some of your other work seems computer done, Please forward an original image of the above work to art@magicduel.com and cc in council and me showing the original drawing for comparison. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Many of my Drawings that appear here in my Forum Shoppe have been enhanced by way of computer editing tools.  However, the gifs that I upload to be made into Avatars are not.  This gypsy dancer is a good example of this, so I will upload larger Jpeg pictures and the original scan so you can see. 

I do this because I enjoy creating art and I enjoy using many mediums that are not allowed here in MD.  To me personally, I do not consider the avatars that I draw for MD as "finished" art work, because they are not as good as they can be.  But because the Image is scaled down to 160x100, most of the fine details are lost anyway and so I don't mind as much that my art is "unfinished".  I also understand and comply with Mur's/MD's point of view and I respect it.  So I only upload for approval according to the rules.   Again the Image that appears in the Forum is only used here in the Forum.  It has not been radically atlered and is a good representaion of what the Approved avatar will look like.

Here is the picture I used to create the gif Image and would use to upload for approval:

http://storenow.net/my/?f=94fe8f9dc19af77f8895ddbad73f09ad

This image has only been cleaned up, scaled to fit 160x100, and sharpened/brightened a little.  No other computer manipulations have occurred.

Copy of the gif ready for approval: http://storenow.net/my/?f=e93f20270cafa901090d9becbddb46c9

Here is the picture when it was first scanned:

no computer manipulations what-so-ever but had to scale down as orriginal scan was too large a file to upload it here.

http://storenow.net/my/?f=427d39585d03a1f5d100c762f07234b2

Edited by Blackthorn

Oh and sorry it took me so long to respond...I own and opperate my own business (Real Estate and Finance)...and when it gets busy, I have to spend enormous amounts of time working.  Things have been kind of crazy lately..not complaining as I like making money...but it did keep me from participating in the birthday celebrations as much as I would have liked.  It also means no drawing and little time to hang with you all here.  :(  so I guess I am complaining a little.  I really need to get my priorities straight. :D

Edited by Blackthorn

• 2 weeks later...

To all those I am drawing for, I have not forgotten you....

I'm still caught up with too much work running my business gone crazy and I have not had any spare time to draw.  I'm hoping that in a couple of three weeks or so I will be freed up and be able to spend it passed out at the GOE (which means drawing).  Until then I appreciate your patience.  Sacrifice a few virgins for me.

Edited by Blackthorn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am very sorry I have not been around for the last couple months, but things with my business have gone from way too busy to, I am working 12-14 hours a day 7 days per week.  I do not know when I will be able to relax and spend some time again with you all here, but I am very much looking forward to that date.  For those I have made commitments to draw for, again I am very sorry...I will of course draw for you for free when I am able to return.  I think of you all often which helps me to get through my very long days.   Thank you all for your understanding.

BlackThorn