Support Group for Simplyzero

Lulu

What shall Simply say? How should he ponder "who you are"? Input here would be appreciated, for I with my limited imagination cannot supply it.

"I was Simplyzero. Why do you claim my identity?" is the most I can come up with. My apologies.

He should wonder about who he has become, as it has now manifested. The split in his personality I mean. The original simplyzero is still out there, but the wild savage that was created by necrovion as well...

He went into the dark tranquil water, so I think it's a metaphore for him being lost yet finding peace, of course metaphores are real in MD... lol. Anyway in this tranquil state, which is real btw, he finally has a chance to rest, but the savageness of him wants to continue and go wild (the boat is faster). So the river, which is real and not just a metaphore, creates an image of the nevrovion peasant who wants to continue, whereas the swimming and tired original simplyzero (notice how he isn't so wild and savage anymore?) wants to rest and just quit (he really isn't strong enough for anything).

So he asks himself next: 'Is he the savage one? Is everything lost? Is he the one swimming as a dog? Or is this a chance for him to kill the one in the boat, after it proves to be the wild necrovion one, and thus be saved? So that after the killing and the struggle, he is in control of the boat (metaphor for his body) and he may find peace again.' But what if that killing makes him the savage one? But res cogitans (thinking about himself as an object and subject) is a common thing amongst rational beings, not savage ones, how can he think? Is killing a viable option, could he not just enslave the savage beast inside him?

Then again (yes my mind works like that) what if killing is inherent in simplyzero? He is a peasant after all. Maybe the savage beast was simply a part of him coming out, maybe he in reality was a dulled murdering beast. If so, he would have no scrupules about killing the guy in the boat, take control and revel in the fact that, now sane again (or at least, no struggle in his mind) he has become an agent of destruction.

Tune in next time to find out.

lol... I like schizo's

***edit***

I forgot shades cannot stand water, so of course he is the original simplyzero. The one in the boat (still the same metaphores about control of the body and the savage one, still the same questions, if he is not meant to be an agent of destruction) isn't touching the water, he may indeed be the savage one. This just adds up to my speculating. Yay :P Internal monologue battle ensue!

Tune in next time, again, to find out.

I agree, i think the mysterious man is himself, its like he has torn himself in half. One is angry and wants glory, the other is scared n wants peace. Why can't he just say, i am u n u r me. I think he needs to acknowledge this, otherwise he can't go forward. Or maybe the man is the reflection of his inner turmoil......who knows lol im just speculating aloud :P Is he at the river styx, remember the ferry man, has he got any coins to pay for his passage lol

A crude way out:

If he suspects the mysterious double to be a shade in disguise, then dragging it into water or rolling the boat over would confirm things. I don't think it is that easy, but again, why give the 'shades can't go into water' hint? ;)

A more subtle way out:

If the whole encounter is metaphorical like MB suggested, and that other simplyzero is really his split personality, then I don't think killing himself or his double would do him any good, that is assuming that he does want to rest now. If the original simplyzero now indeed desires peace and the double represents the urge for more aggression, then resorting to force would never end well for him - either he kills himself and the savage identity survives, or he kills the other half and confirms his violent tendency in the process. (In most fictions, killing half of yourself is never a good idea. In most cases, you either: 1. Die along with it; 2. That half really dies and you lose a sane chunk of your mind; 3. That half doesn't really die and you somehow embrace its values by 'killing' it.)

I'd go with Faraday's suggestion and look for a way to accept the other half and find a compromise.

@Lulu: Is that supposed to be japanese in the thread topic? It really looks like japanese, but I can't make any sense out of it.

Yea I know that saco, but I never said watching a man go insane isn't fun to watch.

If you haven't noticed I'm kinda hoping for another rampant rpc (albeit he is weaker than the other rpc) as I mentioned him as a cool agent of destruction :D So I'm hoping for your options 2 or 3 ;).

I know it's cruel, but it's also awesome and the process and end result is b/funny.

i was thinking that maybe where simplzero is, time is in a cycle, as he stopped there to rest, he is also the one already there, waiting. the simplyzero that has come along is tired, the one already there rested, staying to rest and continue the cycle of asking the question "you should ask yourself who you are". the time that has been spent by the simplyzero waiting there might have been spent working out indeed who he is, why he's truly doing what he's doing etc. and indeed what he should do next.

if this as my theory is correct, then shortly after whatever is said, is said, then the rested simplyzero should go off in the boat calmly onto another journey which the tired simplyzero will travel down when the time cycles round again.

as to what he does actually say, perhaps something along the lines of ''am i you?'' though i'm worse at thinking of questions than i am thinking up scenario's

hopefully that makes sense to players ;)

Whos the guy with the dragons n the little people? Sorry im not logged into game n ive forgotten his name (STF?) Remember when he read that book, didn't it describe/name him as being the Dragon Master, so it was the past, but its also the present n the future......depending on the choices he makes. It's like caught in a time warp where the three cycles are intertwined, shifting in/out/around..... Simply could be caught up in a dream cycle/trance, isn't Wodin the dream weaver or something like that......sorry if i don't have facts right, im just trying to remember. Hmmmmm time to wipe chin......im dribbling here lol Time for my own dream cycle ;)

Yea I know that saco, but I never said watching a man go insane isn't fun to watch.

If you haven't noticed I'm kinda hoping for another rampant rpc (albeit he is weaker than the other rpc) as I mentioned him as a cool agent of destruction ;) So I'm hoping for your options 2 or 3 :D.

I know it's cruel, but it's also awesome and the process and end result is b/funny.

Let's just say there's a reason you're joining team A and I'm joining team B. :D

if you are troughly me, you shuld do as I do

simply started monkeying around, doing a chaotic dance and strange noises; the other guy starts scratching on the back of his had, considering simply just another weird guy

strangely, the other guy start doing the same.. simply thinks there must be something behind all of this.. he aproaches the strange guy, studying from all directions possible.. the guy is looking strangely familiar to him. simply, suddenly, fells down on his @ss, recognizing that face.. it was.. THE FACE OF HIS MIROOR!!! after a strugelling to get his @ss up, he reaches for the guy.. the guy moved his a head to a side, like he didn't want to see it happening..

but surprise! simply weaked up in a strange different world... everything is swearling around him!

explanations: same matter cannot be in the same place at once.. the contact created a time anomaly; the guy was looking away because he knew this will happen; hes been there once; not letting simply touch him could cause his disapearance from the time itself, like it would never existed ;)

so, guys, excepting my crappy grammar, what do you think about this one? :D

@faraday, the book sounds like it is like the one in the film 'The Neverending Story' (iwould put an imdb link, but there doesnt seem to be one for the first film), the book is written at the same speed as the person it's about does the action, if they walked into a room, it would auto-write it at the same time

@faraday, the book sounds like it is like the one in the film 'The Neverending Story' (iwould put an imdb link, but there doesnt seem to be one for the first film), the book is written at the same speed as the person it's about does the action, if they walked into a room, it would auto-write it at the same time

lol i loved that movie and the song, can only remember the big white flying dog/griffin? creature. Well i can't speculate any more on simply zero until others contribute their ideas or we get some more of the storyline.......so many possibilities. When he is at this crux, does he have choices he has to make like in Storymode for us, so he gets to pick, or does he have actually 'command' wot happens. I know that's clear as mud, but i hope someone gets my drift:)

Hmm.. there was an recent anime with a similar situation called Shigofumi. I don't want to spoil it should anyone watch it, though.

Is there no way they can go forth into the world together, assuming they are split personalities? Twins are really handy in times of emotional stress. They can balance each other but it's better than having a single mind because there are two bodies! :)

Hmm, the metaphor one seems likely, and Grido's one kind of appeals to me. Uhh, and I have nothing to add, except that I'm still not sure what Simplyzero should say. ^^; Well, if the log says he doesn't know what to say, it kind of seems like Simply has to say something/ask something rather than commit an action. Then again, maybe it's not supposed to limit him like that.

Youbiseiharukana is the name of a character from Ever17, a Japanese visual novel (well, most visual novels are Japanese these days, huh?). It means something like fall flower, if I remember correctly. "I am You!" was a reference to it, lol n_n;

The water may be a metaphor. It seems to represent the barrier between worlds or outer space (or the Aether, which marks the boundary between the material and astral planes). It also may represent the barrier between the inner and outer worlds - that is, the inside of Simply Zero's unconscious mind.

In such a setting, one expects to encounter shadows of one's self. Shadows are aspects of the self that ordinarily don't have a voice. They make themselves felt through dreams, Freudian slips, inspirations and rash actions.

When confronting such a shadow, know that the more one resists it, the stronger it gets. The best course of action is always to embrace and integrate the shadow. Acknowledge its qualities, for good and bad, and see how they fit into the totality of the person.

My advice: agree with the being that it is Simply Zero but deny that you are not Simply Zero. Find out what it wants you to know. Then find out how it wants to behave, and see how its behavior might benefit you in the future.

K

• 2 weeks later...
if you are troughly me, you shuld do as I do

simply started monkeying around, doing a chaotic dance and strange noises; the other guy starts scratching on the back of his had, considering simply just another weird guy

strangely, the other guy start doing the same.. simply thinks there must be something behind all of this.. he aproaches the strange guy, studying from all directions possible.. the guy is looking strangely familiar to him. simply, suddenly, fells down on his @ss, recognizing that face.. it was.. THE FACE OF HIS MIROOR!!! after a strugelling to get his @ss up, he reaches for the guy.. the guy moved his a head to a side, like he didn't want to see it happening..

but surprise! simply weaked up in a strange different world... everything is swearling around him!

explanations: same matter cannot be in the same place at once.. the contact created a time anomaly; the guy was looking away because he knew this will happen; hes been there once; not letting simply touch him could cause his disapearance from the time itself, like it would never existed :)

so, guys, excepting my crappy grammar, what do you think about this one? :)

When you wrote that the face was "THE FACE OF HIS MIROOR" I suspect that you probably meant the face was the same as his face appears to others, but what if the two people are mirror image of one another, that that is the only difference? (Actually, it cannot be the only difference, since they have to be in slightly different locations relative to one another too.)