Expiring or cyclic keys / "time shares"

Ackshan Bemunah

Temporary or cyclic access to a scene.  "Between days 350 and 360, you will have access to the lab...after that you'll be locked out again."

I think this could be managed external to the key system, so that when the day changes it triggers key activations and deactivations...I don't know mdscript or much less coding, but why not?

• Root Admin

Temporary or cyclic access to a scene.  "Between days 350 and 360, you will have access to the lab...after that you'll be locked out again."

I think this could be managed external to the key system, so that when the day changes it triggers key activations and deactivations...I don't know mdscript or much less coding, but why not?

The question which is more important to "Why not" is "Why"?

If we had infinate time, we could implement lots of things on a whim, but since time is a big problem, anything we work on needs to have a reason.

• Root Admin

Well, the why is simple...gives a way to control community tools, gives more flexibility to the scary granting of privileges (imagine if someone got access to the GG collector items then defects to Necrovion, etc...it is an unforgiving system).

This was brought up by Grido, he was wanting the ability to give/remove/give temporary keys for gg-deep. I said that, in that case, I wouldn't be granting tools to let him remove keys or giving temporary ones as GG is the only land in a position to limit access to their collector items and i was disinclined to give them even more power to control these tools without giving the other lands similar powers or boons.

If scenes where collectibles are available were locked, though, then this would be probably the most effective way to control them, control depletion...

I can imagine a lot of other RP ways it could be used, but right now my mind is overactive, so I won't go into those.

If placed in mdscript, it also creates the possibility of player made quests that are automatically cyclic...this can be done in existing structure, of course.

• Root Admin

If scenes where collectibles are available were locked, though, then this would be probably the most effective way to control them, control depletion...

I can imagine a lot of other RP ways it could be used, but right now my mind is overactive, so I won't go into those.

If placed in mdscript, it also creates the possibility of player made quests that are automatically cyclic...this can be done in existing structure, of course.

I dont agree that locking collectiable is the way to control depletion. Depletion is a social aspect and should be cured socially.

If someone can show me a good plan of a quest that would require granting and removing keys, i might consider doing something to this.