Honor Loss as intended?

Trahern

The honor documentation says:

"Defender (the player that is attacked) will lose honor points only if he loses against a player with less wins than him, the honor los is a penalization and is ment to prevent certain exploits on a larger scale. The honor reward (negative of positive) defined by the formula above comes only to the attacker, the defender will not get or lose honor other than the possible penalization."

My question is, if an attacker loses to a player with less wins than him is the same penalty supposed to apply as does to the defender? The combat results below seem to show that it does, but if it's supposed to then why say "Defender"?

In short, if a combatant with more wins loses to one with less wins, will they always suffer an honor penalty, or only when they are the Defender?

You LOST enemy gets a victory

*** Combat details (under construction). 'E' is defender, 'A' is attacker

Your honor reward for this battle: 0

Your loyalty reward for this battle: 0

Enemy honor reward for this battle: 0

Enemy loyalty reward for this battle: 0

You were penalised with 1 honor for loosing this fight

Casualties: Defender:0%, Attacker:100%

heat A: 0 heat E: 0

logsize:281

usevitality e (you):62

usevitality a:0

looser:A

actionnr:63

rounds:15

E lost: 0vit; A lost: 500vit;

As far as i can tell

i have over 100 more losses than wins

and there are people that still give me negative honor at mp4 yes when i get attacked from them i do recieve negative honor when i lose that fight

but they donot

and when i attack people and win with less losses they to recieve negative honor though the honor loss is smaller than if they would attack me

As far as i can tell

i have over 100 more losses than wins

and there are people that still give me negative honor at mp4 yes when i get attacked from them i do recieve negative honor when i lose that fight

but they donot

and when i attack people and win with less losses they to recieve negative honor though the honor loss is smaller than if they would attack me

Both of your scenarios make sense to me and seem to comply with how the documentation is phrased. Unfortunately though, they don't directly address my question.

The scenario I'm concerned with is where you attack and lose.

The documentation seems to imply the penalty would affect a losing defender, and if you're the attacker, you're not the defender.

i am not sure about that but i have had that happen to me quite alot

i attack someone and lose and lose honor probably because i have way more than them i have max honor at the moment so if you attack someone with less honor and lose there might be a chance or an occurence that you lose honor

i am not completely sure of this and i will be asking some older players about this i will get back to you with the answer

hope the problem is solved by this evening