Equipment in shops

Myth

Suggestion: make equipment in shops visible after purchase, removing the "Buy item" button and adding text box instead: "Item already owned". Currently, you buy it, and it vanishes from "your" shop.

Reasons:

1. If any younger player asks any older one where to get a specific piece, the older player might not remember where he got it in the first place, due to how much time had passed since then. They would need to have made a list of equipment pieces before having bought them, and even then, they wouldn't know if the requested piece was available in other places unless they specifically looked and wrote them down before purchase.

2. Bug reports

Example:

- I want about to go check if a typo report is still valid - the Medusa Axe

- I can't check with older accounts because the piece is no longer visible to them

- I tried to get pass papers for an alt, but it'll take a few days to get that alt past the guards to the shop in order to acquire the pass papers

- only way to get in Loreroot to proceed with testing was to find someone able to teleport me there. That took quite a while, and might not always be an available option: got pickle from Sy in order to access the Labyrinth in order to get ported into Loreroot by DD

Edited by Myth

- I want about to go check if a typo report is still valid - the Medusa Axe

There is nothing called Medusa axe - can you please tell me what the name as it appears in the inventory is called? Also specifically what the typo is?

Regardless, the issue wasn't what I was trying to check, but what it takes to verify some of these things, be it code names, descriptions, or any other info which can take days to get to unless there's someone around to provide a bypass. :p

Just as an FYI, the game name for the Medusa axe is "Lyzard's Tail", and whilst lang interface allows editing that, it doesn't allow me to edit the codename of "topor-an-m".

In terms of the actual suggestion though, I like it, just it'd be quite low priority.

"Congratulations! You just acquired your first piece of equipment. Come back from time to time to check for new items." ?

Misleading, because "new items" aren't added.

"Congratulations! You just acquired your first piece of equipment. Feel free to return for more!" sounds better