M B: Maple Road

Well, if the message is telling you to search for a clue, the logical thing is to go back to all the places where you've found information before and look for something new. Eventually, you will be able to fight them if you follow whatever clue you find closely.

If you defeat them you can get into Loreroot.

also "the strength of the loreroot guards lies in their weakness" or something like that, it says it at the top of the screen in game sometimes, so isn't counted as a spoiler

lol getting into spoiler realms there, someones prolly said somewhere on the forum already if you look hard enough, on the other hand you might just end up wasting about an hour or so looking through a load of non related posts ^_^

I know there are lots of talks about rituals in random tidbits here and there, and I think I might know which ones to use. Just need to wait for the age to try it out with upgrading them all one more level. (just to be on the safe side. XD)

Maybe it's just me, but even after learning how to defeat them (from a few generous spoilers), the game's hint about Loreroot guards still continues to annoy me. It is phrased in a way that would be a good hint if you already know the important ritual choices, but most players in MP3 or early in MP4 who haven't learned much about creatures won't even know the existence of the correct choices or how to reach them.

It's fine for me.. although personally as a newbie I would not understand, that'd be because I'm not exactly the most discerning mind. I thought that it was a good hint and could help others.

How would you change it? Assuming that you don't want to get rid of a hint concerning Loreroot altogether.

I think the spoiler/hint in the game is quite clear.

I think I already know the "right" ritual for those guards. And it's just because I read info below the creature avatars. And one spoiler in this topic helped to make my mind.

As soon as I get that creature - I'll test it :)

How would you change it? Assuming that you don't want to get rid of a hint concerning Loreroot altogether.

Good question :) If you put it that way, I can't think of a better hint either. :) It should probably stay as it is. :)

And yes, I'm sure it has helped a lot of others, but it just didn't help me much when I impatiently tried to beat them in MP3. My experience was like:

"Hmm... ok, so I CAN fight them, never knew that the first two times I reset :) "

(a few battles later)

"Brute force...... doesn't work very well :( just like the hint says, huh? How about if I go upgrade my creatures a bit..."

(a few more days of creature training)

"Alright! One guard down, but I barely beat him with this method. This ritual probably doesn't stand a chance with the second guard."

(one battle later)

"I sooooo called that. :("

"Let's see...... so I'm supposed to 'exploit their strength' and use a 'simple strategy'...... but how? I don't have any creature that can exploit the enemy's strength, and hey, my ritual is simple too - they just bash things. :) I know how to avoid the Knator but what then? I must be missing something...... probably some unknown creatures. Maybe I should try upgrading the current ones?"

(a few hours later)

"Oh noes, it's the MAX XP!!! Boohoo. :("

Something like that :P

I have to confess now that Pi's written that ._.

Back when I was in mp3, Loreroot was open and didn't have those guards. I waltzed in and got all the creatures there the first time I came out into free roam. So when the guards were implemented while I was in mp4, I didn't think about strategy at all. In fact, I never saw the need to go into Loreroot, and I waited quite a while to defeat them; by the time I got myself up to Maple Road, all of my creatures, including those I got from Loreroot, were maxed. I beat the guards with brute force and thought nothing more of it.

Back then, I never used strategy of any kind to defeat a ritual ;) Most of the people who got the Loreroot creatures before the guards were implemented moved on up to the next mp level and I was left with pitiables who hadn't even maxed their Wind Crossing creatures. No wonder I had around 200 more wins than losses by the time I went to mp5, even with my puny stats..

I could see myself having a worse time than Pi with the guards in mp3.

Imagine myself when some newbies start asking me questions about the Loreroot guards. Even now, I like to shy away from them because I don't want to say anything wrong and be the cause of lost vitality and time. I think that's been the case a few times.. n_n; But I did overhear how others beat the guards a few times, so I've been in fair luck. I've also secondhandly experimented with different strategies against them (through the same newbies who failed with my advice) so I like to think the next newbie who asks me will have a better time.

-end long, reminiscing rant-

That probably had very little relevance :) I just wanted to talk about it.

I think there is a fair share of others like Pi who wouldn't even have the creatures (or like me who wouldn't have the brainpower) to apply the hints the game gives to their own rituals by the end of mp3. But at the same time, mp3 is a time of trials, mistakes and learning, so it's fine if only a few can get into Loreroot during that stage.. it'd be a reward for those who do especially well, or are just lucky.

ah you see when i joined it was the same situation, but i forgot about the game for ages before i came back, still no guards there though, i just didnt bother going in to get the creatures lol, so had to figure out the rit to use

• 2 months later...