Incorrect 'Can't recruit while in TC' message when dead

DARK DEMON

When dead at Berserker's Charge, you get a torch competition message when clicking the tormented soul recruiting clickable. http://storenow.net/my/?f=ea3cf1d5b6734d80eefd754d30545c05

I am not sure whether this only applies to the dead, or to anyone who hasn't spent the WP and is at Berserker's Charge. I am willing to test if someone (who has not spent a WP for access) may please make their way to the Labyrinth and contact me, and I'll summon you.

Also noticed the  incorrect grammar and spelling of "tagged". This specific part has been forwarded to Grido.

Having or not spent a WP shouldn't affect your ability to summon a creature once you reach the place.

On the other hand, the inability to recruit while dead kinda makes sense (although I don't know if it was intended or you're encountering a bug).

Even if you can't/shouldn't be able to recruit while dead, this TC notification should not be there.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Even if you can't/shouldn't be able to recruit while dead, this TC notification should not be there.

Reason it is there is because the death system is the torch competition recycled into another form (they both use the same coding for death I believe). Ergo the message isn't actually currently incorrect . It's just not "tidy".

But yes, the only time there is a restriction to accessing a creature is when dead or in an illusion with predefined creatures. Doesn't matter how you get to the location. 

You could also say about needing a "key" to recruit (such as the DL) but that is a treasury, not a creature recruiting area.

Edited by Sasha Lilias

I recall it being said that currently there is no distinction between TC death and killing death, so for the message to be different a distinction would have to be coded.

Simpler, I guess, would be the text changing so that it applies to both situations.

• 4 months later...
  • Root Admin

I recall it being said that currently there is no distinction between TC death and killing death, so for the message to be different a distinction would have to be coded.

Simpler, I guess, would be the text changing so that it applies to both situations.

For now, we are going to leave this like it is. The two systems are two intertwined and for the moment we will keep them as they are.

Not a bug (for now).