Trading/selling RP items

Change

Items that I want: items useful for a travelling artist (art items, craft items, food items, practical items, etc.)

Willing to potentially sell or trade the following items, in the rough order of what I'd be most willing to trade to what I'd least be willing to trade. The order is not exact. Some items I've divided. For example, I have 7 barrels. I'm willing to trade 6 of them, but a lot less willing to trade my last one.

Common RP items:

Boomerang

Decorated skull

Sloop goop

Blue hair ribbon

Grey pencil (3)

Fungal mass

Freckles

Spider web

Folded Paper

Sheet of old paper (2)

Crumpled scroll

Damaged Parchment

Creature Stencils

Scruffy note

Charcoal rubbing (1)

Pink tinted looking glass
Stained glass ornament

Much less likely to trade for silver:

Embroided Handkerchief

Charcoal rubbing (1)

Jade clover

Grey pencil (1)

Candle stick holder

Wax pin

Wax pen

Paper lanterns

Pet Food Bowl

Kitty toy

Paper fragment

One sock

Handful of Dirt

Coal Nuggets

Wood beaded bracelet

String (2)

Coarse bone dust

Teeth
Canine teeth
Lightbender crystal

Wooden bowl

Spicy maggots

Roots

Turtle shell comb

Kelp
Bread Crumbles

Salted Anchovies

White Flower Wreath
Knitting Needles

Egg shell (2)

Dried paint flakes

Paint

Turqoise ink

Blue ink

Pet rock

Creepy doll

Snuggle bunny

Ink bottle

Chalk

Piece of charcoal

Pomegranate seeds

Messenger bag

Limited RP items (no longer in the shop):

Nuts and bolts (2)

Boxing gloves keyring

Heavy weight

Lapsed contract (2)

Russian roulette jelly beans (1)

Ambiguous Key (1)

Barrel (6)

Sac of Drachorn Dung

Luggage tag

'Soon' note (1)

Paper Crown

Much less likely to trade for silver:

Petrified seed

'Soon' note (1)

Russian roulette jelly beans (1)

Living frog leg (3)

Preserved white iris flo (2)

Pocket watch
Huge Tomato
Red glass fragments

Broken string bracelet (4)

Barrel (1)

White Flag

Fish Skeleton (6)

Immobilized Tear (2)

Wet mineral oil (2)

Bottled ship

Jar of fly wings (3)

Snow in a Jar (2)

Ambiguous Key (1)

Imprisoned hope (6)

Large empty vial (3)

Edited by Change

• 3 months later...

Blue hair ribbon
Stained glass ornament
Decorated skull
Pomegranate seeds
Creepy doll
Embroided Handkerchief
Jade clover
Lightbender crystal
Snow in a Jar
Imprisoned hope
Jar of fly wings
Bottled ship
Immobilized Tear
Petrified seed

I am offering the following (negotiation is opened of course): Teleport Papercabin stone, Acousticremains stone, Weaken stone, Sendtogazeebo stone

Edited by dst

Hmm, dst, what about these? I don't value spell-stones enough to trade the other things.

Blue hair ribbon
Decorated skull
Snow in a Jar (maybe)
Jar of fly wings (maybe)

phantasm:

Possibly willing to sell the decorated skull. It depends on what dst offers for the above.

Nimrodel:

I paid too much for my pet rock for 3 sc to be worth it. Plus, I rather like it. Salted anchovies are a no. (Change eats fish and it goes well with her 6 fish skeletons). Huge tomato is a maybe. Pomegranate seeds are a definite no, until I get more than one (see JadenDew and Change's pomegranate plot).

FYI: When it comes to the items that I'm reluctant to trade, usually it will be a no when it comes to offers of silver. I might trade them if I'm offered items that I want more. The reason why I'm including all of my common items for sale is because I'll technically trade anything for the right price--though that price will be outrageous to some. Some things I'm willing to give away though, so I'd happily take 3-4 silver.

Edited by Change

I can offer only spell stones/resources. I am not willing to trade coins. I have no other items to trade (except maybe one or two).

So unless you want spell stones/resources then I think I will withdraw my offer (by negotiation I meat you can ask for more spell stones or different ones or at least say what you would like for the items I selected).

The title is intentionally trading/selling items for a reason. Some items I'd be quite happy to sell, others I would trade for other items that I value more. For example, despite loving tomatoes, I'd trade a tomato and possibly more for a book on human anatomy.

I already said in the original post that I'd be reluctant to sell food items. Thus me refusing the standard price of 3 silver shouldn't really be surprising? Sorry if the post wasn't clear enough.

And dst, I might be interested in water if you have some.

Edited by Change

What water do you mean? Your 28 mineral water, nadrolski? If so, no thank you.

Items that I'm reluctant to trade: Potentially usable art items, craft items, food items, items useful for a travelling artist.
Items that I want: Art items, craft items, items useful for a travelling artist, food items, interesting items.

Added the 'items useful for a travelling artist' to 'items that I'm reluctant to trade'. Essentially, items that I'm reluctant to trade and items that I want are usually the same. A messenger bag would be very useful for a travelling artist, for example.

Hmm, to be clear, I will not trade the things that I'm reluctant to trade unless given an exceptionally good offer, or offered other items that I want. On the other hand, for items that I don't care about, I might trade them away cheaply. 

Some things are exceptions, yes. 'Decorated skull' is an art item, but I don't really care for how it looks, so I'm willing to trade it.

Edited by Change

You posted a huge list of items with a topic name like trading/selling but when you're offered <insert here whatever trading chip> you say something along: Oh I am not willing to sell that or that.

Don't you think it would be better if you would post only the items you WOULD sell? Or if you really want to, make several lists: Willing to sell, Not so willing, Willing to sell during blue moon etc etc?

Yes, they are your items and you can do whatever you want with them but I will not accept to lose my time trying to GUESS what you would sell and what you wouldn't.

dst, that's why I said that I'm willing to sell OR trade items. If I only wanted to sell items I'd call it 'selling roleplay items'. By trade I mainly meant trade roleplay items for roleplay items, because roleplay items are high up on my wants list.

When I say 'reluctant to trade', this doesn't mean that I'm not willing to trade these items for a good trade of roleplay item for roleplay item. But I am reluctant to sell them for silver, and for more generic things like resources. Lots of people have water, for example. Some lend it for free. It'd be neat to have, but personally it's not worth getting it over an item that I can likely never get again, like a pocketwatch.

I thought that the 'reluctant to trade' list was effective in describing what I likely won't trade for normal silver, but I guess not. Will try and create a bunch of lists later, perhaps an ordered one from least likely to sell/trade to most likely.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited the lists to be in the rough order of most willing to sell to least willing to sell (but still possibly willing to trade for RP items). I also divided each list into likely to trade for silver and unlikely to trade for silver.

'20 Water' as in Water, neither Mineral Water nor Rainwater; but Water :)

Yes, but water is fairly common, so I still have to decline. I have 16 water already, given to me for free. :)

Anyways, hope the updated list helps you if you wish to make another offer. For context, I've already received an offer of 50 water each for a blue hair ribbon and the decorated skull--two items that I'm quite willing to trade, unlike the messenger bag.

Edited by Change

• Burns locked this topic