Halloween Scene/Creature/Character Makeover Contest

ZenTao

**Halloween Boo! Scene/Creature/Person Makeover Contest**

Knowledge of Photoshop or other equivalent programs/software is always good but not necessary. You can simply use Windows Paint or download Gimp which is free, and not so bad!

Rules:
Dress up a MD scene with Halloween themes, pumpkins, witches, ghouls, candy, a kid or people in costume, cos play anything related to Halloween you may have MD creatures dressed up trick- or-treat style or incorporate a real picture of a person into your MD scene, you could have it all in the scene, up to you!  Drawings in the scene are okay as long as it's made with program such as photoshop/ gimp/ paint/ Paint Shop Pro etc ...  You may use colors not normally found in MD or stick to the traditional look. Allowing  decor from stock images with no copyright! Items related to Halloween you may use them, but only the decor! If you want to put people in the scenes, I hope you took the pictures of the people/ babies yourself.

Post them here when done! ,

Graphics only no drawings UNLESS you use a program such as paint to do so...

I will allow as many submissions as you come up with. However, If you have more than one picture submitted you will have to select one to represent you in the Polls and do so by November 1st just PM me here which you wish to  represent you if you fail to let me know I will pick it for you. The community will judge the winners in a public Poll. You have until November 1st to submit your scene. No multiple votes from alt accounts, one vote per person regardless of accounts or your vote will be disqualified, and possibly the person you voted for as well. Voting will be held for 3 days and will end November 4th.

Prizes will be given to the top 3 scenes:

1st place...1 Gold coin,  Rustgold Drachorn approximately 860 years old +

Angien 1755 years old, with tokens :

Creature Tokens

[goldbelt] Gold Belt

[claw1] Claw I

[jewelshards] Jewel Shards

[claw2] Claw II

[emeraldglare] Emeral Glare

2nd place: 1 gold coin, 5 silver coins, a Shop Imperial Aramor aged 1455 years with tokens:

Creature Tokens

[emeraldglare] Emeral Glare

[kellethafire] Kelletha Fire

[blooddrop1] Blood Drop I

[jewelshards] Jewel Shards

[claw1] Claw I

3rd place:  5 silver and a Pimped Grasan age 980 years with tokens:

Creature Tokens

[stardust] Stardust

[blackdiamonds] Black Diamonds

[blooddrop1] Blood Drop I

[blooddrop3] Blood Drop III

[blooddrop2] Blood Drop II

Edited by ZenTao

Here is the first entry I shall post.

Behold, the scariest scene I can imagine. It contains a Dst (scary enough on the best of days) and (perhaps the scariest thought of all) A teddyless Syrian! Dst is threatening to throw the teddy down the well and Syrian looks as if she's about to explode! If you look closely...you might even see a mysterious, ghostly rider watching the scene.

He's braver than I am, I know I wouldn't want to be there!! :P

2CoZi61.jpg

Graphics only no drawings UNLESS you use a program such as paint to do so...

What exactly does this mean?

Are we only allowed to photoshop in existing artwork in a sort of collage, and therefore now allowed to slap our own drawings inside our submission? Or are we only allowed to submit our own drawings only if we make them in a program as paint (which kinda really involves the need of a drawing tablet...)?

What exactly does this mean?

Are we only allowed to photoshop in existing artwork in a sort of collage, and therefore now allowed to slap our own drawings inside our submission? Or are we only allowed to submit our own drawings only if we make them in a program as paint (which kinda really involves the need of a drawing tablet...)?

It means that you may draw but only with a computer type program. Yes, it would be helpful if you had a tablet maybe now is your reason to get one?

I am not sure if I see the point in that limitation. If anything it is making it to where those with out the technology are at a disadvantage (edit) if they wish to add their own personal touches. And how are you to tell if it is done with an app? I have an ipad app that makes very realistic art work.

I could understand if you were to limit it to where you can't copy and past md art to make a scene, but to have it where people can not draw their art and add it to a scene, does not make sense.

If you are wanting it to be in MD style and that is why you can copy and past the scenes and avatars... then I can understand that. But paint would not be md style. MD style is based off of the artwork that people draw on paper and then adjust the brightness/contrast in a program.Though md style does have a certain look and feel to it.

This is your quest/contest and your rules, you just may get fewer participants based on rules that others may not agree with or not understand why it is there to begin with.

edit: Seeing as how you are willing to allow outside work to be posted in such scenes... it does not seem like md style is the objective...

Edited by Assira the Black

I believe that Zen is perhaps giving others a chance to show their skills in graphics and editing. Yes, it may be a minority..but then again not everyone is able to draw, or paint or find stones good enough to paint on...(this is seriously annoying me right now... -_-)

What I take from this is that she has seen there are many "draw your own <insert subject here>" quests and is trying to mix it up a little; to create a montage of sorts using unusual pieces.

Whilst mine does not fit the rules (I think) I was just doing it for the fun and trying to learn a new tool -- and I'm happy I did! Now I'm really enjoying learning about the secrets of GIMP! :P

I think this is a good quest to challenge yourself to something new; whether it be by trying to make real images look like something you'd find in MD, by editing colours, proportions, opacity, etc, or simply the challenge of trying to learn a new tool! 

I say kudos for thinking outside the box and putting an interesting twist on something old.

P.s. She never said the art had to be amazing and I'd hope that funny entries, that show you at least tried, would still be given good consideration. :D

I am not sure if I see the point in that limitation. If anything it is making it to where those with out the technology are at a disadvantage (edit) if they wish to add their own personal touches. And how are you to tell if it is done with an app? I have an ipad app that makes very realistic art work.

I could understand if you were to limit it to where you can't copy and past md art to make a scene, but to have it where people can not draw their art and add it to a scene, does not make sense.

If you are wanting it to be in MD style and that is why you can copy and past the scenes and avatars... then I can understand that. But paint would not be md style. MD style is based off of the artwork that people draw on paper and then adjust the brightness/contrast in a program.Though md style does have a certain look and feel to it.

This is your quest/contest and your rules, you just may get fewer participants based on rules that others may not agree with or not understand why it is there to begin with.

edit: Seeing as how you are willing to allow outside work to be posted in such scenes... it does not seem like md style is the objective...

For what it's worth, if you don't like the quest I apologize however it's a quest you may either take part in or not. 

All of the above are great!

Here is Mine,

Just for fun of course!

2j5bgg9.jpg

Edited by ZenTao

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...