Image Storage Sites

I would like suggestions on what is best for using for MD related material.

I do not like storenow and have troubles using it when it in clickies when it comes to quests.

Photo bucket is horrible for quests, seeing as how people can view other photos on that account and thus spoil quests.

I like imgur... I upload images to my account but do not publish the images... and do not come across problems faced with the other picture storage sites mentioned above. But it seems that imgur is 'rubbish' for the copyright that jargon always confuses me so I am not sure what makes a good copyright. Though I do not have problems with images being deleted, probably since it is on my account. 

So any suggestions on what can be used for what I need and that meets MD copyright requirements?

--Assira

• Root Admin

>I do not like storenow and have troubles using it when it in clickies when it comes to quests.

How?

I ask because we can improve it. If people dont report the issues we cant make it better :) It was designed for MD, so if people arnt using it for MD then its kinda pointless.

>I do not like storenow and have troubles using it when it in clickies when it comes to quests.

How?

I ask because we can improve it. If people dont report the issues we cant make it better :) It was designed for MD, so if people arnt using it for MD then its kinda pointless.

Currently, storenow appears to generate download links by default, rather than preview links like it used to. And either I'm too tech unsavvy (which really might be the case) to figure out why, or something changed. That would be one thing.

Why I avoid storenow:

1) Lately it MAKES you download the image (like Aeo says).

2) It generates a link which I have no idea how to post in order for the image to show and not to remain a link. I tried the forum's options but..BIG FAIL!

3) It breaks a lot: I try a link now, it works. I give it to someone else and it happens that the link doesn't work anymore so I have to re-upload.

Edited by dst

• Root Admin

>Lately it MAKES you download the image (like Aeo says).

From what I can see, its because people are uploading it for download and not to be displayed. Check the options for when you upload.

>It generates a link which I have no idea how to post in order for the image to show and not to remain a link. I tried the forum's options but..BIG FAIL!

I have uploaded this:

It gives me this link to embed: http://storenow.net/download/3e193919756d1f6925479d517189cbc6/take_stored_creatures.png

I then press the image button on the forum, and paste in the URL

take_stored_creatures.png

Tada?

>3) It breaks a lot: I try a link now, it works. I give it to someone else and it happens that the link doesn't work anymore so I have to re-upload.

You sure? It previously had bugs but I fixed them so... im not sure what you mean here

I don't see where you can choose to display or download the image.

I have been doing the same steps I have always done so I am pretty sure it's not me who changed.

Even your link downloads the image.

Ok, I uploaded an image, I got the below (no idea what will happen until I hit Post): It works.

offended.png

Breaking: I was not able to find a pattern and to be honest instead of trying to find one I preferred other sites.

Edited by dst

I have NEVER seen that page.

I have NEVER had any idea you can click on the options.

Furthermore, I see that default option is to "Show picture in window with details" while the other one says something about downloading.

I have chosen the other option and it still generated a download link:

http://storenow.net/download/c9da81d2a4fd2a5b5d69846a48e38fb1/rain.jpg

The only difference is that I have an additional HTML code. Also, this happens when I copy paste the link...Annoying as hell.

• Root Admin

The only difference is that I have an additional HTML code. Also, this happens when I copy paste the link...Annoying as hell.

Its how its always been. Anyway I agree that it auto downloading it annoying. I have removed that feature.

Anything else you or others think should change? :)

When I tried recently to use storenow to upload a pic to it, it stores it as a file. I did not use to do that in the past. I could upload and test the link, and it would take me to the pics link. Now it want me to download it as a file even if I click to upload it as a picture. I just was frustrated with it. The reason I stopped using it months ago was because when I would try to embed a picture in a clickie for a quest, I could not get it to work. But I could get it to work with other sites. So over all, I gave up using it.

And for storenow, I never got all those options. Just the option of file and picture, then when I click picture I could upload it. Then it would act as a link.

I've used StoreNow for some things and also agree it's been randomly  wonky, but can't submit a proper Bug Report for the what/why.

I will say that like dst, I have NEVER seen the options page you screenshotted.  I've always uploaded "picture" the same way, and while it used to do directly to a download link, it now works great for imbedding images as described.   Not sure what changed, but it's definitely acting a lot different behind the scenes for me now.

I usually host important stuff on my webserver though, so... doesn't always effect me. 

I do wish I could see a list of  "what the heck did I upload over the past 5 years?"  as I am sure much of it was temp bug-report screenshots or temporary storage things that are defunct and could be deleted to save server space  (since you don't apply the "time limit until deletion" feature mentioned on the page, right?)

i cant really explain how it storenow does not work in clickies for me, just that it doesn't. I post the link in the html section with the scr= with the dimensions of the image and etc. can't remember exactly what I put in at the moment I need to look it up in my files but I am on my phone at the moment.this I have done for other images feom other sites. It works dine for imgur or photobucket but not for storenow. I tried several different methods and had someones help and could not get storenow to post an image in a clickie.

I did not realize before this topic that storenow was md based. Then again I did not pay that close attention. Certain things slip by unnoticed, especially when I am tired.