Citizenship Application

klatdees

Hello folks,

For those that know me in game, I'm klawdees. I think I'm looking for a home right now, and after exploring the scenes a lot by myself and with other players (especially jubaris and Maebius, but also folks from other lands) I think I want to call Marind's Bell home, if it will let me.

It is a beautiful land and I look forward to living it with you. Only if you want, of course. ;)

Best wishes; may our true king come
Klatdees

Thank you Klawdees.  

I know you planned on entering a LandVote once MRF was accepted.declined.     I invite all citizens to comment here, with their thoughts, or if privacy is preferred, PM me them.   Thank you.

Thank you for the questions, Ungod! I'll answer second then first.

The first thing I'd do if I joined MB would be to post and/or a thank you to the people who decided to let me in, as I know there's a certain trust that goes into that, that I won't be deadweight or worse, etc.
Then probably fix a time and say "If anyone wants to meet me but hasn't I'll be around Wednesday at [not sure the times yet] and we can talk." Something seems weird about doing that while there's power dynamics in the air.

To the first question, I see the whole quartlet (or whatever it's called) at wind's sanctuary as very special, relating to how we are cursed with time (bob Dylan song " the times they are a'changin" uses the line "the curse is cast") and don't see the big picture. A king is someone who sees a big picture and sets it in motion with a few actions, so we want a true king, with a true picture, not one people have some inner spark that tells them to break it and show what's really under it, one that's already breaking forever. Ya feel me? =D

Heretic archers recruitable one step south.

Any other questions? Was that clear?

Typing from mobile, sorry
(My forum posts will always be from mobile, bli neder)

Klatdees

Edited by klatdees

Thank you for answering.

To the first question, I see the whole quartlet (or whatever it's called) at wind's sanctuary as very special, relating to how we are cursed with time (bob Dylan song " the times they are a'changin" uses the line "the curse is cast") and don't see the big picture. A king is someone who sees a big picture and sets it in motion with a few actions, so we want a true king, with a true picture, not one people have some inner spark that tells them to break it and show what's really under it, one that's already breaking forever. Ya feel me? =D

Not sure what you're saying, it sounds like a gospel/religiously waiting for the divine...

Thank you for answering.

Not sure what you're saying, it sounds like a gospel/religiously waiting for the divine...

Yeah, idunno, timeless/time-remembering king has the association "god" for me, add in "true" and you get something weird.

I live my life half-dazed right now, might've just written it because it sounded MBish and good

Klatdees

Welcome Klawdees, and thank you for your patience.
I will be writing up that task that we talked about.

Messed up the chatlog, and it got obfuscated prior to this, but this is a snippet, and the important stuff.
To all, who may express concerns... I will ask you message me privately, and such chats will remain private.
I have a specific reason/goal for this one. ;)

There was quite a bit of discussion about Darkness and Light and Wind and Stories and the Bell itself... but alas, that got Obfuscated...
Suffice it to say I am admitting klawdees to Marind Bell for now. I would hesitate to have him join an Alliance, initially, as with MRF.
But I welcome his perspective, and also interesting for folks who would like to explore Principles with him. He seems to like Principles and discussing them, and creatures archetypes.

[spoiler]

Maebius: In a single line, can you tell me why I should admit you to this Land? *smiles*

Maebius: Answer, honestly, if you can, not what I might wish to hear, and trust me, I am more open minded than folks might think.

klawdees: Searches keep me company when maps and paths don't, winds keep me company where roads and roots don't.

klawdees: (in my natural language it'd be birds and beasts, not roads and roots...but w/e)

klawdees: (trying not to let the religious imagery I still absorb leak into my MD research too much)

Maebius: Than swords may be wielded, and cut through your doubts, and this Land accepts you, step in, from without. *he brandishes the ceremonial Sword suddenly*

: klawdees jumps back

: klawdees steps up...? staring at Maebius suspiciously

klawdees: I don't like my doubts. You can cut them if you want.

Maebius: May heat and your own Light, bring more to this place, to carve out your footsteps, when in here, you grace. *he flicks the sword playfully in the air, gazing at it a moment, then holds it out*

: Maebius extends the sword near your shoulder, if klawdees chooses to step closer

klawdees: Just don't move them far away or out of sight, actually kill them.

klawdees: *giggles at the funny lines and steps forward* Thanks.

Maebius: Then welcome, and since you prefer the poetic.. I spoke similarly. *smiles and taps klawdees' shoulder then puts the sword away casually*

klawdees: I'm not sure what wind has to do with light, but I'm fond of their connection, even if it's hidden tonight.

klawdees: Oh, thanks. Yeah, I've been doing a lot of that this week.

klawdees: So does this mean you're my King now too? Or are you still just King of the Land?

klawdees: ( *'s page refreshes* Hey, thanks!)

Maebius: .... King? yes *he chuckles* Though it's merely Maebius if you prefer.

klawdees: Thanks to the king and to all others involved in this decision. I said saying that would be my first action, so now I've said it here at least.

klawdees: ( *eyes droop* xD)

klawdees: *thinks* OK, thank you King Maebius.

Maebius: And as for my role, that all depends on you, doesn't it? I am King of Marinds Bell. If that is the Land, or it's people, it is the same?

klawdees: *nods* The crown just means other things also are who we are, to the extent they give you that crown. Right?

klawdees: Lintara is crowned by the grass.

Maebius: Yes. presactly. I am crowned by the people.

klawdees: I was crowned by an Herb Basket for a little while the other week.

'More chatlog corruption, sorry I missed the followup, but it was mostly "cool, thanks, welcome, I'll have a Task for you now, sir" stuff before the RP faded away.

[/spoiler]

Thank you to Maebius and to all who voted or contributed; this is a real treat! Also thank you King for sharing that log. I will be around (though not tomorrow) at the Wind's Sanctuary for a few days if anyone has concerns they would prefer to bring up with klawdees in corpus (chat or ingame PM).

Looking forward to some lovely colors and winds while this is my home...and I don't remember discussing it, but klawdees surely looks forward to learning the coming Task :)

Best wishes
Klatdees

Edited by klatdees