The Mystery Of The Kissing Bandit

Windy

Chapter 6

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
It was a beautiful morning, the birds were chirping, and the sun was shining as usual.  It was never dark.  It was time to get the paper.  I didn't want to.  I knew The Sisterhood would be on the front page. Sure enough, there we were.

KISSING BANDIT 3, THE SISTERHOOD 0
By Innocence | The Golden Glove Gazette

The Kissing Bandit has struck again! Sisters Sagewoman and Lintara are the bandit's latest victims! The women reported they had been walking towards Willow's Shop and remembered stopping to talk to a man as if they knew him. They woke up to find themselves thoroughly smooched and holding a token white rose.
According to my research in the Archive Building of MD Land, a single white rose has several meanings.  They are Purity, Innocence, Silence, Secrecy, Reverence, Humility, Youthfulness, “I am worthy of you”, and Heavenly.  
Could these meanings be a clue to the Kissing Bandit's identity? Could any of these meanings be the motive for his attacks? Which Sister will he go for next? Only time will tell! Three more Sisters left to go! Will he catch them all?
I closed my eyes and rubbed my face in frustration. This was getting out of hand and it didn't seem like there was anything we could to to stop him.  Innocence was right.  There was a motive behind these attacks.  But what were they?
The patrons of my Pub had a pool going, laying odds on which of the remaining Sisters would be next.  They hadn't had this much excitement since Head Contest last month. I should have discouraged it. But it brought in customers from other Lands.  My pub, The Wind & Rain, was making a killing.
I went over to the fireplace to supervise BROOM, which I had animated. He was scooping out the ashes into a pan as the fire sprites leaned against the hearth.  They looked bored.  They never spoke to me, but I could always hear them whispering.
“There's Windy!” whispered the first. “She doesn't look happy!”
“Ooh! It's that naughty man!” whispered a second. “He did bad things!”
“What bad things?” asked a third.
“I heard he cut one of her rose bushes!” whispered the first.
The second and third, gasped. “Ooh! That is naughty!”
“Is that all?” asked a fourth as it woke up from a nap.
The first jumped off BROOM and bonked the fourth on the head. “It's about time you woke up lazy bones!”
“What I say?” the fourth groused, rubbing it's head.
They all hopped back onto BROOM, as it was entertaining, who BROOM never seemed to mind. They watched Windy.  Always watching. It's not like they had anything else better to do.

I realize chapter 6 is short...very short.  *sighs*

Edited by Windy

• 2 months later...

Sorry for being gone so long.  Thanks for all the wonderful feed back.  Assira: Someone intervenes to protect the Master is an interesting concept!  I'll keep it in mind! That's so sneaky and underhanded it just might work! :D I mean if Moffatt can mess with his characters and get away with it....>>

• 7 months later...

Hi, there everyone!  Murry Murmas! :D  Just to let you know that I've created a Facebook page to get help with this story.  I've given the fire sprites names and made minor changes.  I don't know why this story plagues me so!

If you'd like to join you can go to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357572444578114/