Application Drachorn Master

Sunfire

grreetings little ones

as you have seen the Drachorn Master has stepped back from controling the drachorns' fate to controling you little ones' fate so a vacancy arose.
(https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/4044)

I, Draconas step up to fill this place.

when the drachorn master called for an apprentice i was one of the few to agree to the task, and over time i was the only one remaining, the last Lair keeper aside the current master, you can see his question here: 

and read my application towards the role here:

my views on how to fulfill this role havent changed much on this short time, i will still seek freedom for my people should i receive this role. this is why i will stil persist on becoming a drachorn king rather than a master, i shall not have slaves under my command, only followers. i see many ways to obtain this freedom.

My first step towards this is to focus on creating a drachorn haven, anyone who wishes so can free their drachorn from slavery and hand them to me, i will take good care of them and rest assured they will not have to face any more battles for as long as they are in my care, only those that prove they are worthwhile would receive the gift of a mighty drachorn.

i know i have slept a lot over the last moons, but i intend to change that and be available more so the role would not just be a name

Burns has told me some bits of what a drachorn master is and has helped to prepare me to fill his spot one day, but alongside his information i will follow my own path on what the future of the drachorns is.

any questions or notes can be forwarded to me and i will be happy to answer them

Draconas
Lair Keeper
aspiring Drachorn King

You state with regards to your Drachorn Haven that you will be taking them off the market to protect them.

A big part, besides the acting of the role, is distribution of the Drachorn Tokens. Within the Lair is the option to collect Drachorns if you have a token.

How do you reconcile the distribution of Tokens, and the preventing further cruelty to the Drachorns? Seeing as the distribution of them could lead to people acquiring Drachorns, which you state as cruelty to them.

I don't think the "Drachorn Master" role is suitable for one that's trying to be their liberator...

It's like me saying "I will be an Archivist to burn all documents and ensure no knowledge or history is shared." It's contradictory.

I'd say that even being part of the alliance isn't right; If I were trying to rebel I wouldn't want to be part of the enslaving party (Lair keepers) as it devalues the fight you're putting up.

But that's just my opinion.

why would i rebel if i can obtain my goals withing the boundaries of my role? the path of a creature is not set in stone. and you clearly didnt read my application since i want to be drachorn king, NOT drachorn master (called the topic thus since the role is currently called master, to avoid confusion)

@Grido

those charms are awarded for exceptional accomplishments, it is clear to me if you manage to fulfill a difficult task to such an extend that i can trust someone to keep a drachorn right, a strong and wise guardian to help them further on their path, not the brutal killing machines other make them out to be

Save the drachorns from slavery? Did I miss something?

" My first step towards this is to focus on creating a drachorn haven, anyone who wishes so can free their drachorn from slavery and hand them to me, i will take good care of them and rest assured they will not have to face any more battles for as long as they are in my care, only those that prove they are worthwhile would receive the gift of a mighty drachorn."

This sounds like the tactic another player was trying months ago and I never thought you would go in this direction. For now I´m not really into your "new" role.

While I understand if you wish to preserve the value and the rarity of drachorns, I really don't get this freedom/slavery concept.

Creatures in MD are not like pets, they are more like memories, virtual forms filled with our own will and bound to our spirit. Recruiting places are where merging with such a creature's form/memory is easier.

So what you're calling liberation, sounds to me like oblivion.. You seem to be aiming at concentrating their memories into one person, while the others - the unworthy - should forget about them. Do I make sense?

Regarding fighting/grinding/forcing drachorns into countless battles: would you consider turning drachorns into totems a better option?

spirituality of creatures is an arguable concept.

i remember the story mode where you bind a creature to you, yet again we have grasans and molimas creating resources. it makes it hard to me to have memories create stuff on their own so creatures must have a tangibility to them.

furthermore in the cave there is is a big drachorn (tangible) guarding the treasures which include drachorn eggs

@Menhir

the easiest example of the slavery is the drachorn in the cave, restrained tight by chains, second example is as they are tied to you and forced to do what you wish from them.

my only wish is to see these creatures unchained, being able to make their own choices, compare it to the knators, true wild creatures, they have no chains or broken ones

if you doubt my intentions, i do not wish the drachorns for myself, those who know me can verify i do not use others to fight my battles, as it is in my eyes slavery.

18 hours ago, Sunfire said:

which is a better fate than they are facing now, and it would be until i get a better alternative

what would you propose then to allow me to protect my kin from the treatment of men?

Let them truly free ...meaning get them out of the game .. let them fly away. And then, because we have more "creatures" who deserve to be free (all of them I guess), lets do the same with them ... simply put - erase them all from the game by setting them free. Lets turn this into a pure roleplay game then, I mean chatroom.

Edited by Menhir

Hmm...  At the moment the thoughts are vaguely there and I will try my best to explain them clearly.

Creatures as a concept of being bound to us:

Creatures recruited and are bound to us to fight battles that we personally can not be apart of. The creatures represent certain traits of ourselves that we are all capable of. When we sacrifice the creatures, we get back a little of those traits to ourselves and at times building block of reality are collected... the bits of the essence of that bond. Creatures create items, because they take on a living form based off of the bond. They consume and create. They reach a level not otherwise obtainable on their own. Grasans and the newer creature Molimas. 

The Elu is a bit different, it can not be added to the fights. It eats candy and produces paper. And it is not bound in a normal way. It is free, or more free in a sense. 

Creature trading, is basically giving up apart of yourself to another and a person changes based on the creatures they mainly deal with. 

So by obtaining the drachorns to free them, you are imprisoning them. Keeping them from growing and experiencing the world around them. When perhaps you should be finding ways to increase the bond or connection to the physical plane to bring them to an awareness or free them through experience. 

For example, you have a rider... She does not control you and is not your master. The same could be said for those that have drachorns. It is not as though people are sacrificing the drachorns and spilling their blood. The drachorns have a value that some other creatures do not. Drachorns have a level of respect, one that you seem to lack. 

You see them as a creature needing protection, to be guarded from the nasty humans/people. The drachorns are capable to handle things themselves and continue to experience the world through the connections they hold with people. To imprison them in one being would be a fate worst than death. Especially one that would refuse them the opportunity to experience the world. 

The only other way to free them would be similar to the empty aramors... to have them wander aimlessly unable to do more than walk the lands... devoid of life except in rare instances. 

Though if such a thing were to occur... the drachorns... upon being attacked... would disappear from that person's touch. Slowly moving towards oblivion. An interesting occurrence, though one I doubt you would want. 

--Assira the Black

edit: Just realized that what I posted is similar to what Syrian has posted in the other topic on heaven... So I support what she has said. 

Edited by Assira the Black

Just a brief thing:

The Drachorn inside the cave may not even be "real". Look at the places where you recruit other creatures: 

• War Hold looks similar to a Lorerootian Archer.
  • Aramory looks similar to an Aramor
  • Necrovian Priest looks similar to the Unholy Pope.
  • Gravestone in graveyard looks like a corpse is trying to crawl out - Tormented Soul

It is just a place where it is easier to form a memory, a mental imprint of a Drachorn, not necessarily a real Drachorn. The chains and its struggle could simply be symbolic.

Not to mention, it's the tiny men that keep it bound down, not the 'players'.

56 minutes ago, Aeoshattr said:

Just a brief thing:

The Drachorn inside the cave may not even be "real". Look at the places where you recruit other creatures: 

• War Hold looks similar to a Lorerootian Archer.
  • Aramory looks similar to an Aramor
  • Necrovian Priest looks similar to the Unholy Pope.
  • Gravestone in graveyard looks like a corpse is trying to crawl out - Tormented Soul

It is just a place where it is easier to form a memory, a mental imprint of a Drachorn, not necessarily a real Drachorn. The chains and its struggle could simply be symbolic.

Not to mention, it's the tiny men that keep it bound down, not the 'players'.

to add from this, its possible that by taking a drachorn, or a memory of a drachorn, from the lair, that youre actually freeing part of the memory of the drachorn and giving it life and allowing it freedom from the lair itself, in this case, wouldnt the idea of wanting to return them to the lair be even more barbaric than having them fight?

Edited by Syrian

Interesting thoughts about the 'reality' of creatures and them being memory, though that should probably go to a split if it goes on.

Concerning drachorns in particular, i'll have to add from a mechanical point here. You don't recruit drachorns in the lair (currently), so i think the concept Aeo laid out doesn't apply to them. You might be right about the recruiting places and processes (also consider how elementals can be recruited at 2 separate places), however, the lair works differently. You can't recruit a drachorn there (from a mechanics point of view), but only 'take' things from the lair, if that makes sense to you all. You don't enter the place and pay VE, VP and AP to get a 'copy' of a creature, like you do at recruiting places. What you do is using the Melodic Charm to put the big drachorn to sleep, and then you're able to sneak one of his treasures, or one of his babies, away from him. Mind you, that doesn't give you a 'copy' of anything. The lair is stocked with several items and a bunch of baby drachorns (most of them in hatchling state as of now, some are still eggs), which all have a unique ID already, unlike the creatures you recruit normally, which don't 'exist' until you make your copy of them, hence getting a 'fresh' ID. So, while thoughts on recruitment might be good, i think they don't apply to the lair.