Legends Questions

Faraday

Just a few ramblings, may or may not be connected to anything. Would appreciate some answers or theories.

In the beginning man mastered the Four Elements of Nature: fire, earth, water n air then came the Ancestral Arts: magic, faith n science. Orignally the Sage Plains were grassy lands, but now is known as Necrovian. What happened to cause this land to be soiled as it were. The symbol on the wall in No Mans land the spiral with criss cross mark, the lines where cutting the spiral. If a moving spiral is cut by the lines, the movement and the spiral itself will be nulled. If used, this technique can "cut" wind. A weapon used to cut wind is indeed something unusual and powerful.

Was someone or something tampering with the Four Elements of Nature and somehow spawned the Deathmarrow? Was it this practice that subverted the Sages which in turn became the tainted Sages of Necrovion? Why r all the trees dead looking, yet the Chaos Woods had so many trees more than they could cut down (the sages). Did they upset the balance?

Who or what is the Land Guardian? It states that the Land Guardian will fight only noble ones, the rest will be immune.

Why are shades expensive and weak, a bad choice to recruit for those who don't know their secret. Do we know their secret? Who exactly is recruiting them?

Knator Commander was part of a mission to Golemus with a cube which they think held the Book of Principles. When the Shades appeared swarming around the cube it changed to yellow which in turn distorted the guarding party into strange glowing masses of colour - glowing shades. Some disappeared - where did they go, what did they become. Knator Commander survived the mission n returned home and hence got his title. Where did he place the cube, where can it be found? Why did the Wizard not help when word was sent to Loreroot?

When Wodin was under the influence of the nightshade, he said the 'controls needed to be in certain order', he was remembering the Wizards memories. Order to do what, was he talking about the Wasps Totem, as it is like a control station. Do we have any more information on this? Can we tap into the Wizards memories again, can Morpheus have access to those memories if and when Wodin sleeps?

Marinds people avoid going deeper than ground level as they believe for every man living in MB thre is a dead one waiting to take them back to Deathmarrow. How did this story materialise to instil such fear. Why then did the Angiens build the underground caves in Marble Dale Park? Who was expected to use these caverns? It can't have always been this way, as isn't the armoury on Storms Coast Winds old ancestral home? Or did they access it another way.

What is the meaning behind: Marind Bells strength is the gates, but some say the gates are its weakness. Who are the naysayers? Why would it be the weakness, is it because of the underground caverns and there is also a door under there, that to my knowledge has not been opened. Where does this lead?

Sorry for the long spiel lol But i would love some answers

I don't want to say too much, but I would like to point out that the escapade with Wodin was greatly for amusement. He could very well have been blabbing stuff just to humor our idea... But of course, there is always more information when one is willing to look. The search, of course, begins with the question. :D Seek me out and perhaps we will have more to discuss...

Well i was really hoping to discuss here on the forum. I read stuff on here but there is huge gaps in the information i know. So i thought to myself, why not just list stuff that i have been wondering about....maybe others have too and maybe they have ideas. This game is like a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle n i only have about 10 pieces. So i am working on getting the other 990 pieces lol

Faraday, I understand your curiosity, but there is a point to leaving these information out of the forums and leaving the players to do their own discoveries - to keep the game interesting. :)

Imagine if all the 'Legends' were detailed out here in the open, including updates of current events, leaving you nothing more to figure out and only a few things to speculate further, could they still be considered 'Legends'? Would they be any interesting?

If a new player with a curiosity like ours were to join this game and found the forums full of all the information he'll ever want, what would the game experience be like for him?

If the stories are interesting, he might have to spend a few weeks reading through all of them to keep up, but then what? When nothing is secret, knowing everything would not make him special - he would have merely passed the prerequisite for joining the game. There is no further challenge but to do what everyone else has already achieved. If that was me, I would quit right then and there.

But this game is not like that. MagicDuel lets you know only the least you need to know when you begin, then it purposefully leaves you in the dark (

in a box, with a ghost girl

:D) so that you may find the fun of discovery by yourself. And since no one sees the whole picture, there is a chance that you might be the first to discover something not known to anyone else before, a chance for you to be special to the game.

I would agree that it is much better to find out things for ourselves. That is half the fun of any game!

Well i would have to say that i disagree, i think by my asking questions on here that i am trying to discover answers. If i can't post on a forum, well then tell me where i am supposed to find answers? I ask questions on the chat n do not get any replies or if i do very limited or the 'we're not interested in that at the moment, we're working on something else'. And i am sure that my curiosity will in no way uncover every secret about this Land as it is like a fathomless pit. I also do not have a need to be 'special' in this game, but i do have some questions as stated above. As that is the nature of the game to keep u wondering wot if, why does, could that etc.

Very interested to know how my curiosity can be sated, so please feel free to enlighten me lol

Oh and i have another question lol

Is there any connection between the gazebo n the underground cavern pillar room. As the pillars are the same, a portal of sorts?

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to provoke discussion and get input about mysterious features of magicduel. Or at least, not if the discussion doesn't include major spoilers. It's not much different from The House of Liquid Dust or Seekers of Enlightenment topics, although there are a lot of questions here.

I'm going to refrain from posting my thoughts about the questions as I'm supposed to be doing homework. n_n;

one (sort of) answer i can give you is to your last question there

Is there any connection between the gazebo n the underground cavern pillar room. As the pillars are the same, a portal of sorts?
the underground room is a game border so may shift you somewhere else when you activate it, however it may turn out to be another puzzle to figure out, if you think about it, it seems (to me) that the two places may be in the same place (albeit one underneath the other) but i dont think one leads to the other

Well i would have to say that i disagree, i think by my asking questions on here that i am trying to discover answers. If i can't post on a forum, well then tell me where i am supposed to find answers? I ask questions on the chat n do not get any replies or if i do very limited or the 'we're not interested in that at the moment, we're working on something else'. And i am sure that my curiosity will in no way uncover every secret about this Land as it is like a fathomless pit. I also do not have a need to be 'special' in this game, but i do have some questions as stated above. As that is the nature of the game to keep u wondering wot if, why does, could that etc.

Very interested to know how my curiosity can be sated, so please feel free to enlighten me lol

I did offer for you to come to me in the game. :) I like to encourage people to seek answers. I won't give you too many details on here, but if you want direction, I can probably offer a bit of assistance. If you want to speculate, that can certainly be in here. It encourages others to seek an answer. :) Though, of course, my method of giving you answers is to speculate with you in a manner that tries to prod you towards the right answer that is your own conclusion. :)

Don't you love the grammar in that run-on Glai Goat? ;)

The only problem I have with the information gaps is this....while finding things out for myself it is very difficult to tell who is providing me with good information, and who is talking out thier butt. Honestly, at least in the gamelore area people are quite ready to say what they think is true, or suppose, or have heard and state it as a fact.

It would be nice to compare the theory to the truth.

I thought back earlier today to when people called you "Rena" (darknessado was calling Khalazdad "Khala"), and I'm thinking, that's a good nickname. It reminds me of Rena from Higurashi, you know? But I like Rennedy too, because it rhymes with Kennedy. That's nice, you know? So I'm sort of in a limbo here, trying to figure out which is better. I might just alternate between the two.

I make sentences like that all the time. I don't really like them, but at least I could make sense out of yours. Sorry for this off-topic post, Faraday + others, but Ren prompted me, you know, by asking. I usually answer when people ask things.

The only problem I have with the information gaps is this....while finding things out for myself it is very difficult to tell who is providing me with good information, and who is talking out thier butt. Honestly, at least in the gamelore area people are quite ready to say what they think is true, or suppose, or have heard and state it as a fact.

It would be nice to compare the theory to the truth.

Well.. it's no different from real life. ;) How do you know you're getting good information and not just getting conned for your money? Reputations, multiple opinions, etc. They're all factors. :)

I thought back earlier today to when people called you "Rena" (darknessado was calling Khalazdad "Khala"), and I'm thinking, that's a good nickname. It reminds me of Rena from Higurashi, you know? But I like Rennedy too, because it rhymes with Kennedy. That's nice, you know? So I'm sort of in a limbo here, trying to figure out which is better. I might just alternate between the two.

I make sentences like that all the time. I don't really like them, but at least I could make sense out of yours. Sorry for this off-topic post, Faraday + others, but Ren prompted me, you know, by asking. I usually answer when people ask things.

People still call me Rena...it's the thing they automatically go for because they only know "void" out of "Renavoid" so they think the connection is there. (I think... O.o)

I see your point now. :) I have to admit that for a lot of players, they only have to rely on the forums to express their questions and be heard, and I have nothing against that, but I have an issue against posting too much spoilers in the forums, with the reasons stated earlier.

I can't offer much advice other than asking around, in the game, in the forums, via PMs, etc. ;) It's not like I know a lot of what's going on behind the scene either, but I do have my little share of secrets, and I have my own way of keeping or spilling it. :)

About that underground gazebo, nice observation. :) Have you noticed

the relation between their coordinates

as well? :)

I thought back earlier today to when people called you "Rena".

I get the chills every time I see Ren being called by that name, much more so when he seems to like it. He has no idea...... :)

I get the chills every time I see Ren being called by that name, much more so when he seems to like it. He has no idea...... ;)

O.o When do I like it??? And why would it be chill-ful?

O.o When do I like it??? And why would it be chill-ful?

... you haven't heard of Higurashi? I thought you would've watched it! Or, you know, seen clips of the game or games based on it. Watch now! Second season is really anticlimatic and slow, but I loved the first, so I hope the third will make a good comeback. Rena is less scary than Shion, but she's still scary. At least scarier than the rest of the characters. Oh, and we all know you like being called a girl when you don't protest.

Topic has officially derailed.

EDIT: forgot to tell you, you should watch at night. ;)

Rena is a girl??? *shrug* Stop being such a little girl, Glai Goat. ;)

Just read the Wiki. Sounds kinda cool. :)

Edit: After anime freaks spending years thinking that Ren can only be a girl's name and not just an abbreviation of Renavoid, I really just don't bother putting forth the wasted breath to explain to them. This is especially annoying because ren just means zero or nothing. It isn't gender affiliated at all. (hence the honorific system). In that context, using a variety of languages, we get "ren" "a" "void" -> zero to void -> nothing to nothing. But I'm definitely here. Proof that "nothing" cannot exist! :) ..... back in logic land...

Rena is a girl??? *shrug* Stop being such a little girl, Glai Goat. ;)

Just read the Wiki. Sounds kinda cool. :)

Edit: After anime freaks spending years thinking that Ren can only be a girl's name and not just an abbreviation of Renavoid, I really just don't bother putting forth the wasted breath to explain to them. This is especially annoying because ren just means zero or nothing. It isn't gender affiliated at all. (hence the honorific system). In that context, using a variety of languages, we get "ren" "a" "void" -> zero to void -> nothing to nothing. But I'm definitely here. Proof that "nothing" cannot exist! :) ..... back in logic land...

I could be wrong, but as far as this anime freak knows, there are a dozen different characters that can be pronounced Ren, and it can be a boy's or a girl's name. I've seen both. And it's "rei" that means zero, not "ren". :)

I could be wrong, but as far as this anime freak knows, there are a dozen different characters that can be pronounced Ren, and it can be a boy's or a girl's name. I've seen both. And it's "rei" that means zero, not "ren". ;)

I think Ren's "Ren" isn't Japanese, if I recall from a conversation a while back. But I'm not sure; the "honorifics" part tripped me up. I associate the word "honorific" with the Japanese language very closely; is he referring to honorifics of another language?

But yeah, this wannabe anime freak knows "Ren" can be a male name. ;D Rena, however..

I will definitely check out the co-ordinates, so thanks for that.

Yes Ren i will come to u and discuss some things, but again i read ur post n thought...hmmmm who is Ren? Is it Renavoid? or an imposter lol Too many names. But now i know.

Also Grido, i liked ur theory, i will ponder on it.