Apply ap later in battle process

meiche

Under the current setup the only way to set a ritual is to attack someone and cancel out if you do not wish to attack.

Here is the problem I have had...I am wandering about and get stuck with no ap. I want to set a defense rit, but can't even do that because when I click attack it says I have no ap and cannot attack.

I don't want to attack, I want simply to set a rit.

Instead of the ap usage being applied when the attack button is clicked, can it be used when you get to the screen that says "charge"? That way you can still set a ritual.

That would make sense.

Or, say, there could be some sort of way for players to set up rituals without having to find someone to attack. It's been brought up very often by frustrated players, but there has been no mention of whether or not it's in consideration that I've heard.

If it isn't in consideration, it would be helpful to know, because I'm always telling people that likely it is, as the current system is illogical-seeming; that also prompts the question why, if it isn't in consideration.

If it is in consideration, when will it happen? It may not seem important, but the current system gives players the impression of a clumsy, annoying interface (which it is, in my opinion), maybe even driving a number to quit. Okay, the last part is just my own supposition, but yeah. Why not now rather than later, if it will relieve suffering?

Sorry, those questions were all directed at someone who might have an answer. Your suggestion is good in my opinion, but having a way to set up rituals independently would resolve not only this issue but others.

If it is in consideration, when will it happen? It may not seem important, but the current system gives players the impression of a clumsy, annoying interface (which it is, in my opinion), maybe even driving a number to quit. Okay, the last part is just my own supposition, but yeah. Why not now rather than later, if it will relieve suffering?

It's not just that the interface seems clumsy, but gives the impression that one must have a death wish. Your rituals are your armor and your weapons. In what real world or game world would you walk out the door without first choosing your weapons or strapping on your armor.

It's rather annoying to be totally pulped because I am standing around setting a defense ritual as one player after another stomps on me. It then means I have to wait hours to regen all the VE my creatures lost (it's so much higher than what I have if they all get stomped).

Good Question Glai.

I agree with you totally Glai, but as I have seen the same posts of frustration and the lack of change I thought I would suggest a fix to work within the current system. Your way, I completely agree is way more logical.