Color Test

Sacosphilz

This is an extension of my other thread. I decided to make a new one because the topic to the old thread no longer reflects what's inside there. ;)

This thread is about a personality test I made, inspired by MTG's colors' philosophies. I'll edit this later as the place to publish the test and its updated versions, as well as the (yet to be finished >_>) result summaries.

For now, please refer to the old thread for more backgrounds, particularly this post, and to post your comments.

The test can be downloaded here :)

colortest_v10_2.zip

So.. How do I get the results to you?

Nvm, should have used the excel sheet instead of the text one.

White: 17

Blue 227

Black -253

Red: -42 or -43 (difficult to see)

Green: 52

One thing about your test: I noticed you have 3 different ways of agreeing, yet only two of disagreeing. I would balance that. Most tests use a scale of 5 as you did, but no 0. As such : 1 strongly disagree, 2 disagree, 3 no opinion /unsure, 4 agree, 5 strongly agree

MTG is Magic: The Gathering, a TCG (not sure if that's the correct term; I mean, the "trading" part) where apparently ea. card is assigned to one of five? colors; decks based on certain combinations of colors are used for different strategies.

At least that's what I've put together. I haven't played it, but it seems pretty popular (esp. on MD; there was a whole MTG signature thing going on). I think I can imagine what it's like, since a lot of card games are based on colors/elements like that (maybe after it). I also used some cards for a stupid school project where I had to collect references to Greek Mythology. . . 200 of them. :'D.

The other day, the library was hosting a Magic: The Gathering tournament or something. Too bad I couldn't participate. I guess I should try playing the online version. >_>; I'm not great at card games anyway.

MTG is Magic: The Gathering, a TCG (not sure if that's the correct term; I mean, the "trading" part) where apparently ea. card is assigned to one of five? colors; decks based on certain combinations of colors are used for different strategies.

At least that's what I've put together. I haven't played it, but it seems pretty popular (esp. on MD; there was a whole MTG signature thing going on). I think I can imagine what it's like, since a lot of card games are based on colors/elements like that (maybe after it). I also used some cards for a stupid school project where I had to collect references to Greek Mythology. . . 200 of them. :'D.

The other day, the library was hosting a Magic: The Gathering tournament or something. Too bad I couldn't participate. I guess I should try playing the online version. >_>; I'm not great at card games anyway.

It's a fun game and the basics are pretty simple and easy to understand. It has great artwork and there is actually a story as well as some major recurring creatures.

@Gchick:

I don't have many good reasons for that odd...um... even number of choices.

- I wanted the scale to be divisible by 5, stupid reason really. :D

- Unlike many questionnaires out there which directly ask "Are you this kind of person?", my 'questions' are somewhat crooked. I can't explain why I did that either but I wanted the philosophical messages to sound more agreeable than not. You might notice that you picked 3 or above for most of the messages. So if people are going to somewhat agree with most of the messages anyway, why not make the result a bit more diverse by expanding that half of the spectrum? And since each message is crafted to be 'agreed' upon, if you have a 50-50 opinion, a slightly lower than neutral score (2) might reflect it better.

Anyway, I have no proof of the reliability of this test. Everything has been arbitrarily decided by me. So if you think it can be improved in some way, please let me know. :)

Thanks for your test result. I see it's quite similar to mine. :)

@Calyx of Isis:

I'm not assuming anything. Some background is there in the other thread. I intend to organize things and make everything more clear later, but since I don't have enough time at the moment I just left things as they are now. Sorry for any confusion this has caused. :)

Another reason I don't speak much of MTG is because I don't want to feel like I'm advertising for them. They're doing well enough as it is without one more guy's help. ;)

@Gchick:

I don't have many good reasons for that odd...um... even number of choices.

- I wanted the scale to be divisible by 5, stupid reason really. :D

- Unlike many questionnaires out there which directly ask "Are you this kind of person?", my 'questions' are somewhat crooked. I can't explain why I did that either but I wanted the philosophical messages to sound more agreeable than not. You might notice that you picked 3 or above for most of the messages. So if people are going to somewhat agree with most of the messages anyway, why not make the result a bit more diverse by expanding that half of the spectrum? And since each message is crafted to be 'agreed' upon, if you have a 50-50 opinion, a slightly lower than neutral score (2) might reflect it better.

Anyway, I have no proof of the reliability of this test. Everything has been arbitrarily decided by me. So if you think it can be improved in some way, please let me know. :)

Thanks for your test result. I see it's quite similar to mine. :)

@Calyx of Isis:

I'm not assuming anything. Some background is there in the other thread. I intend to organize things and make everything more clear later, but since I don't have enough time at the moment I just left things as they are now. Sorry for any confusion this has caused. :)

Another reason I don't speak much of MTG is because I don't want to feel like I'm advertising for them. They're doing well enough as it is without one more guy's help. ;)

I know I picked a lot of three and above, but I also have lots of 0 and 1, and often times I was wishing for a more detailed negative response, because sometimes it just DEPENDS. But that doesn't mean I am in doubt (as 2 implies), rather that I would have liked something like "no, but.."