MD Rework 2021 - Gateway Island Rework/LHO/Tutorials

• Root Admin

For full details of what the MD Rework 2021 project is please read the main thread.

Overall since we have lost the LHO we have lost some mentorship roles and the ability to shepherd some of the new players more easily. In additional the Gateway Island has been pulled from the sea to move our newbies into the big world of MagicDuel. This has had some excellent work done on it but we can certainly improve it.

The aim of this is to first bring up a core group of "LHO's" (to be renamed) to be helping on the island and then moving people towards the mainland. This group will also work with myself and other A25 members to tweak the island a little to improve it and bring it more inline with the "paper cabin handholding" we had before with the story mode.

If you wish to be involved with this please post here and I will contact you all when I am ready to begin. We have been having some of these discussions on Discord so if you haven't joined it, this would be a good idea to if you wish to get involved. We may  have meetings on Discord to facilitate faster replies depending on timezones.

Chewett, or anybody, I am happy to be a test debugger.  I am pretty good at it, IMHO.  Don't have the energy or background to even conceive of an overhaul, but don't mind being yanked over for some quick assistance, or to offer another perspective.

I'm not that active in game, but I read the forum when I can and I like to ponder upon any improvements, especially in something as important as defining first steps of new players. I'd like to be able to join in the discussions regarding new LHOs, so I'm applying too!

• Root Admin
40 minutes ago, Jubaris said:

I'm not that active in game, but I read the forum when I can and I like to ponder upon any improvements, especially in something as important as defining first steps of new players. I'd like to be able to join in the discussions regarding new LHOs, so I'm applying too!

Added thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have created a character on GWI named Fetch - a dog without human speech (unless OOC).  I intend to leave it there, and use it to "befriend" incoming players.  What does the official system for crewing GWI look like?  Schedules?  Shift length?  Alerts of arrivals?

Feel free to check if I'm available when a need arises.

Is there any point to discussing the shared operation of such a character?

• Root Admin

This project has been paused, I am unsure who wants to be involved with GWI currently.

1 hour ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

Is there any point to discussing the shared operation of such a character?

I would recommend against sharing an account due to the alt restrictions that would quickly cause issues.

Perhaps others should create MP3 alts they intend to leave on GWI, such as my dog Fetch.  Rather than one person sitting there bored, waiting for an arrival, if we had a lot of people just "checking in" every time they logged on, we might catch more newbies.  I'm developing the habit of dropping in for a peek several times a day.