How do I send a PM to another player?

Kaya

Question

2 answers to this question

There are two types of PM, or Private Message.  If the character is not logged into the game, the only way to begin to contact them (unless you know them in the "other" or "dream" world) is via a PM on the forum.  This functions much like regular e-mail.  If you know their forum name (which may not be an exact match to their game name) you can send a forum PM any time.

There is also a forum on Discord, again with possibly different.

In-game, you have 3 options to initiate a PM.  If you see a character, or a grey-ed out footprint of where they have been, you can click on their name, then find where it says "Send Message" where their game profile is displayed.

In the same place, you may see the ability to "Add Friend".  If not, you can increase the allowed size of your Friend's list via the shop, or eliminate another name from your list.  You can send messages to people on your Friends list, by clicking on it (below the chat) and clicking on the name.  Messages launched this way do not require the player to be online; again it works just like e-mail.

Finally, if you have already established communications, you can either reply to a message in your INBOX that they sent you, or add another note to a message they have not received in your OUTGOING box.  You can also cancel messages still in your Outbox.

On 5/6/2021 at 4:41 PM, Fyrd Argentus said:

You can send messages to people on your Friends list, by clicking on it (below the chat) and clicking on the name.

With the new graphic interface I can't access my friend list anymore. When I click on "Friends" nothing pops up anywhere. When I right-click on "Friends" to open it in another window I can't use it to write messages.

On 5/6/2021 at 4:41 PM, Fyrd Argentus said:

if you have already established communications, you can either reply to a message in your INBOX that they sent you

Many times I get "You cannot send a message back because the PM is too old"

Sending PMs in game is a true pain as of late.