Are grasans cute?

Treehill

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The posting of creature descriptions and their pictures has been authorized since a few days ago. SoulTear has taken the initiative and already did the Barren Soul; other players can contribute if they want.

Grasans are cute <3

You're out of your mind!!!Look at that head and mounth,he has a huge blob on his head!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The posting of creature descriptions and their pictures has been authorized since a few days ago. SoulTear has taken the initiative and already did the Barren Soul; other players can contribute if they want.

Grasans are cute <3

......says someone who also said that Shades are cute. D=

My taste is immaculate, but also highly sophisticated, so don't be offended that those like yourselves cannot comprehend the endearing aspects of such creatures as grasans and shades. Consider the spectrum:

Above average---average---below average.

An average person needn't be offended if an above average person asserts that he (the above average) is better than the average. It is like this, only the topic is more specific and regarding taste.

Honestly, though, I feel a compulsion to attempt to bring you up to my level. What, in truth, do you not see as cute in either creature? Why do you not see the cuteness in every aspect?

My taste is immaculate, but also highly sophisticated, so don't be offended that those like yourselves cannot comprehend the endearing aspects of such creatures as grasans and shades. Consider the spectrum:

Above average---average---below average.

An average person needn't be offended if an above average person asserts that he (the above average) is better than the average. It is like this, only the topic is more specific and regarding taste.

Honestly, though, I feel a compulsion to attempt to bring you up to my level. What, in truth, do you not see as cute in either creature? Why do you not see the cuteness in every aspect?

I dont know its just *oh my god im gonna admit it....damn world) i like more bunnies and puppies.....

and i cant seem to like someone who has a giantic blob flowing strange liquids from inside out.......and remembering its an image no feelings there it is horrible the creature the art work is perfect but the creature ugly

Glaistig, I can't help but notice that you used the word "immaculate" twice in the span of two hours, and you only started using it on MD forums a week ago. In fact, you're the only one using it in these forums. Is that what your homework has taught you? :P

Here's something to help add more variety in your perfect taste.

And by the way, what do you see as cute in those creatures? As I consider "cuteness" to be subjective, I take no offense at your claims of your "immaculate" taste, but I'm amused and curious as to how creatures like Grasans can be considered cute. Can you elaborate for us unenlightened souls? Or are mere words insufficient to construe your eminently sophisticated aesthetic senses?

I dont know its just *oh my god im gonna admit it....damn world) i like more bunnies and puppies.....

and i cant seem to like someone who has a giantic blob flowing strange liquids from inside out.......and remembering its an image no feelings there it is horrible the creature the art work is perfect but the creature ugly

Bunnies, especially lop-eared bunnies, are cute by my standards as well. Puppies.. I don't really like dogs that much. I like the big furry ones, you know, but the small ones. I might have other reasons for disliking them, but their appearance also isn't very agreeable. Ugh. By the way, would you like to become an adept and worshipper of a bunny ingame?

Liquids flow from all of our insides. The blob is okay, not especially cute.

Glaistig, I can't help but notice that you used the word "immaculate" twice in the span of two hours, and you only started using it on MD forums a week ago. In fact, you're the only one using it in these forums. Is that what your homework has taught you? :P

Here's something to help add more variety in your perfect taste.

And by the way, what do you see as cute in those creatures? As I consider "cuteness" to be subjective, I take no offense at your claims of your "immaculate" taste, but I'm amused and curious as to how creatures like Grasans can be considered cute. Can you elaborate for us unenlightened souls? Or are mere words insufficient to construe your eminently sophisticated aesthetic senses?

Infuriating! How insensitive.. yes, I have a limited vocabulary. I don't remember reading "immaculate" in any of the books assigned to me for homework, but I might've seen it somewhere recently, maybe in one of the recreational books I borrowed from the library recently. I tend to pick up and overuse phrases, idioms, certain words and similar forms of expression from what other people say in conversation or from what I read and from who knows what else because I won't bother to search my head for other influences. Hateful, hateful! I often admit it, anyway; there was no need to bring it out so painfully into the harsh glare of others' scrutiny, I would've said it eventually without any prompting, and I would've redeemed myself with honesty.

Words, words. They are always failure, because they shall never fully communicate true feeling. They can only attempt at creating a passing impression, a frustratingly futile imitation, with their vagueness. They are based upon memory, which is just as much a failure as words to preserve sensation, emotion, experience. Yet we make do with what we have, even pleasure at our pathetic artifice. They even serve a sort of function in our mocking lives that I will not attempt to define, because it would require a lot of thinking and result in little I care about.

Grasans specifically, then. The first (I'm speaking about levels here) one isn't really that cute. Maybe it's because of the mask on its face. The second one is very cute. The third is still cute, but less than the second. I would never, never attempt to identify all which makes them seem cute or not cute to me, because it's as much subconscious as anything. But I can try, you know. In the same way some find certain features appealing, "turn ons" modern society now uses, there are some things that incomprehensibly seem better to me than others.

I think, probably, the most impressive feature of grasans to me is their obscenity: the mindless, mad belligerence in their expressions, the disfiguring fat. The gaping maw and twisted, long tongue of the second is a plus (I might add that the nipples seem pretty vulgar). It really shocks, don't you think? The extreme characteristics translate into a sort of charm, after a while. It's not only their appearance, either. If I imagine how grasans would behave--their lumbering movement, bashing berserker-frenzies, spittle dripping onto some hapless victim, confusion--what I imagine I also find winsome. It's like an acquired taste. Can you comprehend it now? How it might be thought of cute?

*sigh* I'm having a hard time, toiling on this effort to communicate. If you want something else, they do look strong in a way. I find other things cute, in other ways. You can note that shades don't really have many attributes in common with grasans. I find ugauga's headbanging thing cute, too. I find the Ebil Black Kitty from Azumanga Daioh cute.

As a side mention, I've decided that your native language is English, or you were raised with two languages.

Oh, stormrunner. Because I prowl around on the forums anonymously (Lu's shame about being seen on the forums has rubbed off onto me) I saw what you put, before. You know, before you edited. That one comment about this one girl in the manga strip you linked, middle column in third row, was cute? Your taste is below average, offensively so. Come now, Nagisa from Clannad is cuter than that.. and Nagisa is low-ranking in the ideal worlds created by artists.

Lol, another Nagisa hat... umm... disapprover. :P

@Glai: I'm sorry if those comments angered you. I did want to see you go つんつん :P but I didn't want to be too mean. :) That was a side effect of my playing MD too little and stalking the forums too much. I wasn't too serious about it, and I hope you won't be. :)

For the record (and off the topic):

- My native language is not English.

- No one in my family or my school has spoken English with me in everyday life outside English classes.

- I have never lived or studied abroad.

however:

- My parents made me take extra English lessons since grade 7 up until high school.

- I have been diligent in my use of dictionaries for as long as I can remember, even back when electronic ones weren't widely available. (Having good indexing skill helped a lot with paper dictionaries.)

- I tend to play the kinds of games that contain lots of text, and I used those opportunities to look up words I don't know. And I've played lots of games.

- I was playing another web-based game for a few years. During that time I had to use English to communicate with a lot of people. I also read the forums a lot, and evolved from mainly reading to occasionally posting some ideas.

- My area of study and work is computers. That means I spend a lot of time on the Internet, where the 'official' language is mostly English. Most manuals and help documents available are also in English, so I just have to live with English text.

- I'm still learning, and believe it or not, I'm still not proud of my writing skills.

(If any of you are struggling to learn a language, be it your first, second or whatever, I'm sure a similar method will work. You can't learn or get better at a language by studying or practicing in a short time. You have to live with it.)

Back to the topic,

What you described still doesn't make me consider Grasans "cute" :P, but it reminds me of this:

My sister was studying fine arts, and one of her professors/instructors gave this interesting definition of being 'aesthetic'. According to her, if something is able to catch your attention and make you look twice, it is 'aesthetic', no matter if you consider it 'beautiful' or not. A beautiful but unspectacular scenery may not register in your mind at all, but a picture of a grotesque monster may catch your attention as well as a picture of a favorite superstar or a sparkling piece of jewelry.

And yes, Grasans' appearances made me look more than twice and more to come, but they're not something I'd choose to hug. No, thanks.

Lol, another Nagisa hat... umm... disapprover. <_<

@Glai: I'm sorry if those comments angered you. I did want to see you go つんつん :D but I didn't want to be too mean. :) That was a side effect of my playing MD too little and stalking the forums too much. I wasn't too serious about it, and I hope you won't be. :)

For the record (and off the topic):

- My native language is not English.

- No one in my family or my school has spoken English with me in everyday life outside English classes.

- I have never lived or studied abroad.

however:

- My parents made me take extra English lessons since grade 7 up until high school.

- I have been diligent in my use of dictionaries for as long as I can remember, even back when electronic ones weren't widely available. (Having good indexing skill helped a lot with paper dictionaries.)

- I tend to play the kinds of games that contain lots of text, and I used those opportunities to look up words I don't know. And I've played lots of games.

- I was playing another web-based game for a few years. During that time I had to use English to communicate with a lot of people. I also read the forums a lot, and evolved from mainly reading to occasionally posting some ideas.

- My area of study and work is computers. That means I spend a lot of time on the Internet, where the 'official' language is mostly English. Most manuals and help documents available are also in English, so I just have to live with English text.

- I'm still learning, and believe it or not, I'm still not proud of my writing skills.

(If any of you are struggling to learn a language, be it your first, second or whatever, I'm sure a similar method will work. You can't learn or get better at a language by studying or practicing in a short time. You have to live with it.)

Back to the topic,

What you described still doesn't make me consider Grasans "cute" :P, but it reminds me of this:

My sister was studying fine arts, and one of her professors/instructors gave this interesting definition of being 'aesthetic'. According to her, if something is able to catch your attention and make you look twice, it is 'aesthetic', no matter if you consider it 'beautiful' or not. A beautiful but unspectacular scenery may not register in your mind at all, but a picture of a grotesque monster may catch your attention as well as a picture of a favorite superstar or a sparkling piece of jewelry.

And yes, Grasans' appearances made me look more than twice and more to come, but they're not something I'd choose to hug. No, thanks.

Oh yeah totally agree with that,no hugs! :lol:

(obs.:click o n the egg to hatch)

yeah, it was just on another tab, how miu about here http://www.onemanga.com/Historys_Strongest...e_Kenichi/1/07/

or if your in goth http://www.onemanga.com/Immortal_Regis/1/08/

I would put more but some my other manga are not so nice

this are cute, grasan is just able to get you attention their not in fact cute but they are powerful weapons, which I do like

p.s. I really do like em their just not cute

p.p.s. My taste are fine your are not, for lack of better word, nomal

To the contrary, I don't think Nagisa is really at all that bad; I told my brother that she was pretty cute all things considered when he was bashing her in his sorrow over the loss of Tomoyo screentime. I mean, it's actually slightly gratifying to see a somewhat realistic heroine (in comparison to, say, a childish adolescent who says "Ugu~" a lot, steals taiyaki from vendors and abducts random strangers she clumsily bumps into) and anyway, her behavior didn't really annoy me as much as her high voice. Just, you know, we all tend to appreciate idealism more than realism when it comes to fantasies, right? Ayu-ayu and Nayuki just seem a lot cuter.

There is something ineffectual about your apology, you should know. Insincere, perhaps. But I am a mild person who generally takes little offense and only jokingly retorts at most anything, honestly. Oh, I am such a good sport, but it is a tragic flaw I should discard, I think, for to become dramatically angry and hold a grudge at any glib remark does sound nice. It does. By the way, define つんつん. Chilling? That's what google translation says.

I forum stalk.. Lu's been nagging me because I spend more time on the forums than homework. >_> Technically, I'm not supposed to be writing up this long post. I actually miss answering newbies' questions. Oh, I used to post a lot too, I guess. But I miss MD.

I don't know much about aesthetics, but I'm not altogether sure I agree with your sister's professor. See, "beautiful" to me defines grotesque pictures of monsters as well as anything else; beauty is anything that satisfies some aspect of your taste. Much alike to your sister's professor-definition-of-aesthetics, except the unspectacular can also be considered beautiful. I relate the word "aesthetic" very closely to "beautiful" although somehow or the other it has a connotation of nonstandard, refined appreciation for me, but it's not like I ever looked up the definition until now. It's probably because I found what others perceived as aesthetic to be unusual taste (contrary to popular trend). But I still say the unspectacular can be aesthetic if beautiful.

Aqune says grasans seem cute to her. If you ask around a bit more, I wouldn't be surprised if more of the same opinion cropped up. It would be interesting to see the names of such people, and compare their personalities to those who think grasans are ugly and unhuggable. Survey.. poll...

Ahh.. stormrunner. Is it me, or is that the classic klutzy-girl-bump-into-boy-and-books-spill encounter, and the second one, a tsundere? That's just my hypothesis, but it looks like they're both astonishing archetypes at one glance. Age-old archetypes that people still find cute, admittedly. n_n; I'm an anime junkie, and I don't read as much manga as I should, so I lack many examples of characters I find cute. I liked Yue from Negima, but I dropped that one around the time developments between her and the 10 year old were occurring. Hnn. Chiyo and Guu are my favorite characters from anime I've watched, last time I thought about it. Huh. Well, I guess they're cute.

Umm, this is really getting off-topic, but I was thinking about Shima in Stellvia what with all the talk about girls in anime, and I looked it up in wikipedia, and the article mentions references IB-related stuff. i___i lol.. I'm in shock. I should go back to homework. But I'll probably post some more first.

your right it was, and I know nothing about anyone you just mentioned and I prefer manga myself, and don't watch much anime that I don't read the manga.

that poll would be fun and we could settle if grasans are cute or not

p.s. whats tsundere, and really do your homework it was a pain getting out of high school with out doing homework

A tsundere is a term used to describe a person (I've only seen it used in reference to girls) who at first acts cold and uptight, especially to people who want to become familiar with that person, but eventually reveals a soft side and vulnerability. Or at least that's one way it's used by fan community.

There's a wikipedia article on it which probably describes it way better than I do. And yes, I shall get to homework.. >_>

althought this is an intresting topic i dont think its in line with the title bestiary

please get back to it or talk about this on the offtopic forums. because we are way past offtopic by now

And all started with bunnies!

althought this is an intresting topic i dont think its in line with the title bestiary

please get back to it or talk about this on the off topic forums. because we are way past offtopic by now

And this was the best/funniest off topic thread I read so far =( mm maybe we should just move it and give it another name? Like creature fetish (its definitely needed to find Grassans cute <--no offend I like them too =3)

Ps: Nagisa is definitely cute but I would prefer Saber or Rin /slur if you love fanservice then I recommend Zero no Tsukaima =3 Well if human could get nosebleed from getting turned on, I would be already death. I watched to many of those /awsm animes with a lot of Fanserivce context (I want to live in a harem anime, no joke!)

@Topic The Library rocks how it is atm, there is no need to know the level trees <--- I get attacked by more advanced players then me everyday so I can guess what turns into what. And well about tactics...Somebody who found out his own owning tactic should be able to use it better then somebody who just read it. (I read many chess books and I still suck at it QQ) Understanding is a key to success (If you just though of Love is a number of keys then you are a perv.)

Ah right since I love Ragnarok I have to say this...It may be true that you can find everything on the forums but that and equip only wont do **** in game. Reading about something and doing it are different things...So its all about teamwork, skill, experience and finding your own play style.

Well I also wanted to post smth X.x

one of your will have start that topic for some reason every time I try after 2 sec the screen gets really wide and can't type I would say something about in the bug section but I can't start a topic

and sorry about driving this topic even more offtopic

Here we go :D It's a whole new topic.

Ps: Nagisa is definitely cute but I would prefer Saber or Rin /slur if you love fanservice then I recommend Zero no Tsukaima =3 Well if human could get nosebleed from getting turned on, I would be already death. I watched to many of those /awsm animes with a lot of Fanserivce context (I want to live in a harem anime, no joke!)

I didn't really like the Fate/Stay Night anime, but I look forward to playing the game.  I liked Illya best.  Well, she's cute..

I watched Zero no Tsukaima the first season.  Heh.  n_n;  I didn't watch the second and I'm not going to watch the third, although my brother is following it closely.

one of your will have start that topic for some reason every time I try after 2 sec the screen gets really wide and can't type I would say something about in the bug section but I can't start a topic

and sorry about driving this topic even more offtopic

There is a bug with the Enlighten forum skin.  The problem should go away if you change the skin to Rooq (or any of the other skins).  You can do that by selecting from the dropdown list in the left bottom of the screen.