"Cheating" at Trophy Head Contest

GCK

Theres a player named MRP, MRR, MRQ (and who knows how many more) thats, in my view, cheating at the trophy head contest. He uses basically attacks with one character to soften the person up and then kills them with another character. I doubt this is fair at all.

! removed attachment ! please use a smaller display to show point easier and/or at a lower resolution - chewett

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a player named MRP, MRR, MRQ (and who knows how many more) thats, in my view, cheating at the trophy head contest. He uses basically attacks with one character to soften the person up and then kills them with another character. I doubt this is fair at all.

there is also MRD, MRX, MRG, MSA, MRTime, MRK, MRH, MRZnible, MS DK, MRAvenger.....

many many more......

from all over the world.....

but its a conspiracy....

no its organization. we have a skype chat and most MR's are in it. You are welcome to join if you wish to see

let me tell you this, most of the MR's were converted, from other players names that have been around MD for a long time. You want to do the same and make a band of good players that are organized, do the same as MRD did a long time ago. Make a organized group of players. Anyone can do it, why not you?

and also, many people not MR's attack someone then tell others the ritual, it has been done since the beggining of time in MD......

Yea, I don't think they are just focused on that. I'm friends with MRD and he and his minions seem to respect the game and I don't think that would be their way to play. There's just so many of them. :rolleyes:

heh i always look out for cheating in the heads contest. They however, aren't breaking any rules. now if you see something like "simplyzero"simplyzero1"simplyzero2" etc that would be under suspicion. sry simply you make for a good example.

Ok, I do actually want to add something productive to this...

What should or should not be considered cheating in the heads contests?

I believe, honestly, that alts of characters should not be allowed to compete in the heads contests, period. Not because of the point listed previous this post, but the following point:

These players know how to manipulate the game to their will. By allowing them to utilize the knowledge and wisdom they have obtained in-game through their alt, they are effectively cheating. It would be like abusing the spoilers on the forums here to focus your character to be the strongest they can be.

I wasn't horribly upset about what happened to me...because you know what? Stuff happens...

I am upset that it's not dealt with. And to note...the one who attacked me who I am fairly certain IS another character would be I AM RJ. (no flaming him, just pointing it out because oddly SmartAlek posted previous me on this subject ;-) ).

Again, I could care less really that I'm no longer going to win the heads contest. Hey, I had no reason to believe I'd even stand a chance when it began, but somehow I managed.

My problem is for the MP3's, the MP4's, who worked hard to get their character to that point and think how much fun it would be to participate in a heads contest, only to have some alt who is HIGHLY OVERPOWERED(*cough* MS DK...et al) jack them up for what they worked so hard for.

Effectively, I am requesting a thorough discussion on the purpose of the heads contests and whether that purpose is TRULY being served. I have heard numerous times from players today, friends and foes alike, that they hate heads contest. Shouldn't that say something?

It has become nothing more than a contest of who has power-gamed their newest alt to be essentially the MD version of "god-mode".

Basically...it sucks for those who really do work hard...

And anyone who has an alt who is leading right now...seriously...what are you thinking? You make contests like these absolutely pointless. Shouldn't you be ENCOURAGING the newbies to really do something fun and worthwhile?

Think about it...you've essentially ruined some perfectly good fun for everyone else(or a good portion of everyone else) and turned a game into something unexciting.

Heck...I personally think the heads contests need to be gotten rid of or limited down MUCH more than they are. I think I've made my point...

hmmm ok for one... the heads contest is unfair, everyone knows that and nothing will be done about it in general, 2 I AM RJ is a fairly weak character lol. 3 as far as mp3's go i do attack them for such reasons, and if they should be mp4 or mp4's that should be mp5's will be getting mass attacked for the simple reason that they want to try to god a lvl. if they have an issue with that put your complaint in the complaint box locationed right above the trash can. don't worry about the bottom of the complaint box, it isn't supposed to be there :-P

hmmm ok for one... the heads contest is unfair, everyone knows that and nothing will be done about it in general, 2 I AM RJ is a fairly weak character lol. 3 as far as mp3's go i do attack them for such reasons, and if they should be mp4 or mp4's that should be mp5's will be getting mass attacked for the simple reason that they want to try to god a lvl. if they have an issue with that put your complaint in the complaint box locationed right above the trash can. don't worry about the bottom of the complaint box, it isn't supposed to be there :-P

Sorry...I must've mistook the idea that it's a contest to mean "fun"...apparently "fun" means "whoever has the most inside info" ;-)

Seriously...I am not going to say that I was shocked when it happened...but why have the contests then? I know Mur does use them for research...but uh...usually research has a point. And obviously the point gets lost.

But eh...whatever...maybe things won't change...but at least I made an effort to voice my opinion. After all...isn't that what this game is about?

And really...I just pointed you out cuz the alt was so easy to recognize. You should've gone with a better one...then I would've been like oh well :-p

Lol...enjoy that "hard-earned" trophy...*laughs* way to make it pointless...

P.S. -- Just because everyone else is doing it...doesn't mean YOU have to. Although...I apologize...I did just realize MP6's can't participate...so yeah, I guess this was your way of participating...so actually...yeah...I retract my previous statements (NOT)

P.S.S. -- Hypocrite ;-) (This is a joking statement at RJ meant as a joke and more like if I were to say it and then laugh it off)

I sort of understand both sides. Multiple accounts are legit in the game, as long as you don't really cheat by interacting between two accounts. Logically, players who have an account in mp3 and participated in the head contest like Morgana as ReaperDeathSeal didn't do anything wrong. The creatures were still trained as any player could; the tactics anyone could use. The only thing is that these people have gained more experience with the MD mechanics than average players in lower mindpowers and use them.

But having a newbie mp3 contest with veteran players does feel unfair in a way. Sure, it's only experience, but experience can make a great difference. I don't feel like newbie mp3s have a chance at demonstrating their grit, when they're not really competing against others who are in the same situation. Is it truly an accomplishment to win a mp3 head contest when you're fighting against newbies? Yes--the head contest is a way of testing player behavior. However, this unjustice players feel at some aspect of the (mandatory) head contest can discourage them from liking the game, encourage them to quit for a period of time if not permanently. Whats the fun in a head contest when you feel like it's not fair?

One thing is disallowing use of alternate accounts in head contests would be hard to enforce. I don't think anything is likely to change at least for this contest. A positive aspect of having alternate accounts in mp3 head contests is being able to see what more experienced players are doing. Continue to hope for change if you want, but take the chance to get the most you can and learn as well.

Personally, my biggest problem with the head contest and the game in general is the vastly overpowered players that continue to lurk in mp3 and mp4.

It's ridiculous to expect regular players to compete, and it is unfair especially in times like these. I understand negative experience was removed from those levels for that reason. I understand that victories can only be gained when making a significant change in VE (hard to do against an army of nothing) What I don't understand, is why they continue to hang about and refuse to advance to the next level.

Is it really that fun beating on people who can't compete at all?

This won't be the first time I've said it, but it would be great if some of those unnamed people would log in to find story mode some time. There has got to be a stat or creature level stat for mp levels as well, I think.

I don't think most newbs expect to win, but they expect a fair chance. Think of how many older players wouldn't be here if they hadn't made it through the newb stage. There are some really neat new players in the making here. It's a shame to lose them over silliness.

My getting those heads was a...fluke. After that I was just curious to see how many points I'd get before Rex came running after me...and yeah, somehow I knew Rex would be the one to take them...O.o

I really have no idea if I can win or not. I've never really been told, except that I can only participate if I play fair, ie. like other players, you know. waiting the 8 minutes, not teleporting around, etc.

Yep. :( I haven't mass attacked anyone for heads. :)

thus, i've taken it upon myself to see if i am able to place/win in this contest. you can help dst, by not taking my pretty heads, please :) lol