Job opening: Apprentice to Dojo Mistress

Calyx of Isis

The dojo is growing daily and there is more work than I can handle. I am looking for one or two players dedicated to the dojo as their first and second priority. (Third, fourth, etc. are yours.)

I am looking for real commitment. Those chosen will be my apprentices. Initially there will just be work that simply needs to be done. Eventually I will have one apprentice per dojo as it's manager. Obviously such a person would be a candidate to replace me when it comes time for me to step down.

Things I look for in an apprentice:

• Commitment to the ideals and principles of the dojo.
  • Wisdom
  • Reliability
  • Diplomacy
  • Sound knowledge of the game basics and the ability to transmit them to others
  • Helpful to all.

Candidates will work with me for a trial period, typically about a week in duration.

If interested, please post here (even if we have discussed it game).

I have already applied in the "way of the Dojo" thread, but i would like to make it an official candidature. I know i have not seen much of you around, but you may ask Eigger, Elias and Morrel about the time and effort i spend in the Dojo. I wisht to help around with knowledge, rituals and even some MD history when needed :P

~Kadeshi

Well, I'd like to help with that ^^,

I'm not sure if i have all the points you spoke of, but well I'll just try if you chose me.

XinHun, you're not quite ready for the apprentice position. However, we did discuss adding you to to the list of dojo staff. This I will do immediately. However it will take a while to get you a title, as I should give Mur time to award the list of titles I submitted to him yesterday.

I have already applied in the "way of the Dojo" thread, but i would like to make it an official candidature. I know i have not seen much of you around, but you may ask Eigger, Elias and Morrel about the time and effort i spend in the Dojo. I wisht to help around with knowledge, rituals and even some MD history when needed :)

~Kadeshi

Though I've seen you around, you and I have not really met. It's time we got to know each other. I have no problem adding you to the dojo staff, and believe we will benefit from what you have to offer. As for the apprentice position, as I said, I need to get to know you. Look for me in game.

I just pulled your profile. What's the status of the dojo offenders on your list. I assume you sent PMs to them all. What follows is the information message I send to first time offenders:

We ask that you honor the rules of the Dojo. Marble Dale Park, Gates of Marind Bell, and Defensive Quaters are now a safe zones for the study and practice of rituals. You may fight here, but only by mutual consent as in a real world dojo. During heads contest, players with seven (7) or more heads may be attack without warning.

Please see forum topic 2001, The Way of the Dojo.

The Dojo has Mur's backing.

Thank you,

Calyx of Isis, Mistress of the Dojo

Of course, you would sign it, Kadeshi, Dojo staff.

Ah, well the only conversation i had with you was about the message i was sending :D

this was the one you gave me last time:

"We ask that you honor the rules of the Dojo. This location is now a safe zone for the study and practice of rituals. You may fight here, but only by mutual consent as in a real world dojo.

Please see forum topic 2001, The Way of the Dojo. http://magicduel.invisionzone.com//index.p...opic=2001"

This was for the MP3's, i will update it to the new one you just put here.

as for the MP4 im still using the "tougher" message:

"A dojo means you cannot attack anyone you want, you must have mutual consent or explicit writing in the chat to "free to attack"

For more information refer to the Magic duel Forums:

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com//index.php?showtopic=2001

Your name has been taken down into the archives as first offense."

~Kadeshi

Thank you for adding me Calyx, I really hope I can help you and the others with the dojo. Are there, besides Marind Dale Park, Dojo area's?

Dojo locations, rules, announcements, and staff are all listed in the first four posts of this thread. Do read those posts. Just click on the little box for page 1.

To answer your question directly,

• Marble Dale Park
  • Gates of Marind's Bell
  • Defensive Quarters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...