Help phrog

Sol

I cannot understand why everyone is putting so much effort into making up things for the AL when there is so much wonderful role playing and adventuring that is going unreported. The real events of MagicDuel are ignored while other stories are fabricated. This is just not right. It's time to revolt ... well, at least complain vigorously. Phrog making Fire is cool, but ...

Can you explain more how events in the AL seem "fabricated" and "made up," and give examples of unreported roleplaying which is more "wonderful" and not as fabricated as the roleplaying of rpcs like phrog?

You're not going to have regular players having central stories in the AL, not until they officially are acknowlegded by the game for their roleplaying and become a rpc. Then they will have special powers for their worthy roles and will be able to act their roles genuinely--they are confronted by situations in which they must make a choice which will affect themselves and the game. That's why we have the current contests, and will have similar ones in the future. Are you talking about those situations when you speak of fabrication? If anything, I think it makes the roleplaying more realistic.. how would the roleplaying of normal players be less fake? The only difference I see is that they make up their own situations, unless in reaction to things like the tensions between alliances--like Sol in his efforts for peace/balance--or do research as their role.

I do see a shift in the AL now that Ren and his Archivists have taken over. Khalazdad, who started out much alike to the rest of the roleplayers today in contrast to previous rpcs in the beginning of the AL who were chosen for their display of ability in the combat system or activity with the game, hasn't ventured into Deep Necrovion for long times nor has he faced set-up situations with storymode-like choices which warranted suggestions by regular players. It seems like the Archvists have been writing based on what is reported about his actions to them, and I think they take a similar attitude to other branches in the AL, although not completely as demonstrated by phrog's branch.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I like, and do, both. Playing on real events and supporting the AL(this particular one reminds me of the old AL, with support groups for the players).

Anyways, here's an update of what happened today, in case anyone is still interested in phrog's storyline.

Today, in celebration of the Festival, the Ferryman has invited lots of people to Golemus. And guess what : phrog's there. He doesn't seem to well yet, and he is very timid, he moves around very quickly, and the only words I could make out are : *i forgot the first line, I think it was something like "it's so far" or something*, but it will still be mine. After that, he left GG and travelled No Man's Land. Last I saw, he was at the Fields of Abandonment. I wonder what the AL entries will be..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dont let him die people,he is on fire now see what you've done wanting to put him on fire like that!!!Mean people....

It's ok hes under a protective shield for now, several of the party trying save him have been gravely injured though..

I'll try to keep you guys updated as things progress..

I'm not sure how it happened by Phrog is safe for now but he's still out cold and if anyone out there is willing and capable to lend a hand I beg of you to please come to the howling gate...

Also is it possible to unseal a gate, even just temporarily?

It would appear that Phrog's body has been destroyed but all hope is not lost.. Khalazdad has captured Phrog's spirit.. what he has planed though still remains a mystery, but there are still those who are trying to free him and see about getting him a new vessel. If you have any information on this matter which can help please post it here or PM me, all help is welcomed.

It would appear that Phrog's body has been destroyed but all hope is not lost.. Khalazdad has captured Phrog's spirit.. what he has planed though still remains a mystery, but there are still those who are trying to free him and see about getting him a new vessel. If you have any information on this matter which can help please post it here or PM me, all help is welcomed.

Could you use the principle of syntropy to restore his original body?

He will turn into an fire elemental!!!He is ascending,lol i dont think syntropy would help,try transposition and imagination,giving form to something through imagination.He already has life,he only needs a vessel,that can be created with transposition and imagination(and if you want element too,imagine a phrog fire based....yay)