Tattooed Magics or Spells

Kragel

i did not see any mention of anything like this anywhere so far so if there is please forgive the repeat of topic ...

also if there are ideas for something like this in the works and i have in any way spoiled it just remove the post :)

but anyway what i was thinking is that it would be interesting to have some tattoos that players could obtain these would work in much the same way as armours do but could have other principle properties to them as well

some could be runic in nature others tribal and so forth perhaps some could be defensive spells that when seen[i](read)[/i] by the attacking player would [b][i]activate[/i][/b]

others could be hidden under armour as to add [i]unseen[/i] bonus protection or damage and such

and still others could be for enlightenment perhaps they would [b][i]activate when[/i][/b] you are working on clues for a [b]quest, riddle or puzzle[/b]

this is my 2c worth :D for now

let me know what you think

Kragel
The Metal Mage

I'm not sure what you mean by "Activate" for the Tattoos, but I suspect having them "activate" based on certain events (being attacked) seems impractical when it could just be a Constant boost like Armor.

I suspect there will never be Magic to help you with Puzzles and Quests, you will just need to Use your own brain. (Though for quests I suppose you could try Bribing the RPC :D)

I suppose having a "Enchantment" system might be Interesting. Where you spend Principle Points to Enchant your Armor and stuff. I could easily see a system where you have to choose what combinations of Principle points to try, and based on the Ratios your Armor gains certain amounts. Of course you would need to spend AP and VP (maybe even VE or Heat to fuel the Enchantment?) as well. Also certain combinations could give Negative Stats or something (and perhaps some would Destroy the Weapon).

Could have potential, it depends on what Mur's intent for Principles are exactly, right now they are pretty much unused. Though Inner Magic will make use of Spending Principle Points, though it will be awhile till Inner Magic can be used (whenever Lv 1 docs get released).

thanks much for the support and replies

yes in many ways this would work as an extra form of armour but in some things i could even see much like the legends of the Kris (a small wavy bladed sword or dagger made with an uneven number of curves... it is said that these weapons would rattle in their sheaths to warn of danger and some would even leap forth and fight for their masters)

as far as the jewelry idea goes [i]i make what many would consider magical or protective RUNE jewelry in real life[/i] and would very much like to carry that over into the game as my RPC develops .

i think the idea of having them attached to principles is kinda the way to go maybe even having certain ones boost some principles

and as far as magical help on quests and such goes think of a lets say dragon tattoo that you have that has a keen since watches your back but also can since when you might want to take a closer look somewhere perhaps it would burn your flesh some to make you think to look at something again

or maybe the tattoo of protection would allow you to preform some kind of defense by seeing the rit you are being attacked with ?

i have many many more ideas and i am more than willing to help develop them but being new in the game i want to see what people think of the ideas i have ....

in closing

think of the tattoos as undergarments maybe you have your armour on but under that you also have further protection

or for those with a barbarian spirit perhaps the tattoos would allow them a more fierce look by battling with less clothing (armour)

thanks

Kragel
The Metal Mage