The Inner Sun - Bootes Puzzle Box

Logan Marquis

The candle in Bootes' hand flickers occasionally as he walks down the hallways of Sage's Keep. His footsteps echo far into the consuming silence of the keep, the
only other sound he hears besides his breathing and the pounding of his heart. The map shows him many corridors and rooms, which seem to go on forever, just
like the endless shelves of books. "This Place looks Smaller from the Outside..."

Bootes searches each room, each shelf, hoping to find something, any clue as to where the document he seeks might be. Each hallway looks similar to the last.
Every room looks like every other. As Bootes explores further, he finds nothing, while the silence and lack of progress start to erode his confidence. At one point,
he even starts to think that someone has played a cruel joke on him, that he has been placed into an illusion from which he cannot find escape.

Before he finally snaps, Bootes sits down at a desk to concentrate and center himself. He looks at the faded map again and sighs deeply. "Everything Looks the
Same here! How am I supposed to Find...?" he trails off for a moment, his gaze drawn to a point on the map. Though he is unsure, he thinks he sees something on
the map that looks like a faint glowing. Bootes brings the candle over for a closer look. He sees a faint mark that somehow seems familiar, even though he cannot
make it out fully. With a renewed determination, Bootes begins to make his way towards the study the mark seems to indicate.

He makes his way through the hallways of the Keep. His echoing steps blur into one sound, his pace increasing with each stride. He smiles wide as he reaches
the room which has now become clearly indicated on the map, marked with the symbol of the Inner Sun.

The astro-researcher begins his search of the vast room, rummaging through the countless shelves and books that have been stacked here for untold ages. Eventually, in the corner of the huge study, he finds a desk tucked away into a forgotten corner. He finds scrolls and a wooden box, all of which bear the mark of the Inner Sun.

Bootes is elated to finally find something, but he is drawn mostly to the box. When he picks it up, it rattles softly. "Hmm? What is This?"

[url="http://two.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.php?c=v&id=2388544&k=41612415"]http://two.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.php?c=v...&k=41612415[/url]

Do you think you have what it takes to master the puzzle? Click the link and try it for yourself!

Post what you find when you complete it and help Bootes figure out the next step!

[quote name='Juni0r' post='19444' date='Nov 3 2008, 09:21 PM']Hmm well havent solved it but happened to be heading there when this came up so i guess [spoiler]The House Of Tainted Times In Necro? :yahoo:[/spoiler][/quote]

Darn it, I was just about to post my answer and I read this first :angry::blink::angry:

I finished the puzzle, also. Logan advised me not to post the link, and there's really no point by now. I didn't get the "congratulations" message for whatever reason.

As many of us did, I realized this was the House of Tainted Times long before I had completed the puzzle. If I recall correctly from the Adventure Log, the MDA connects to this building; it seems logical that Bootes needs to follow the path taken by IamBored and Noone to get there; alternately, perhaps someone knows how to get in from the outside.

The location is significant, as Necrovion was the Sage Fields before the arrival of Deathmarrow. It is my guess that the people of that vanished land knew something that modern people in the MD world have forgotten, and that concerns the Inner Sun. To say more at this time seems premature.

Well, I was just following the old saying "screenshots or it didn't happen" because like you said Tarquinus,
"As many of us did, I realized this was the House of Tainted Times long before I had completed the puzzle".
I deeply apologize if I have spoiled anything...

[quote]If I recall correctly from the Adventure Log, the MDA connects to this building[/quote]

as much as i got from AL, it said that they thought they were in archives, since house of TT is actually a kind of archive, sage keep too, lore manor also, not sure for library in golemus, and in no mans land it is paper cabin

Yes it is indeed the Ancient House...

for those that didn't get the congratulations message, I think you have to put the finished image in the center for it to "lock" then the message scrolls.

[img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x111/TheNinjunny/taintedpuzzle.jpg[/img]

(Just so nobody Thinks I didn't Complete the Puzzle myself :acute: )