Forum Suggestions

Chewett

• Root Admin

At the moment i am doing some work into trying to get the battle log to be able to be shown and hidden (if you find out the bb code then dont use it since it WILL NOT work) and will be doing some more major restructering

If you think that there should be anything that could be added taken away or anything to do with the forum structure then post here because i would like to make the forum an easier place to be in and use

anything at all would be welcome

expandable boxes might be a good addition, like if there's a huge copy paste, or if (example) you want to chapterise something, then it makes it easier to have the bits seperate, and those that dont want to read it can just ignore the box and save on possible lots of scrolling

EDIT: well just seen your test thread, i mean the same as that, but for anything, not just for battle logs

yes, i agree with grido, on other forums this boxes are used for spoilers, not as we have them blacked and then ya need to highlight it to see, and it takes space so ya need to scroll more, while in this boxes ya with simple click expand it and it makes it easier to scroll and that way battle logs would be easier to post and similar things

hmm i just remembered one more thing i saw :( embeding youtube videos, so that you can watch video on forum directly without need to open new link, if ya get what i mean, i think there is a mod for this thing, not sure for ipb, but i know there is one for vbulletin forums

hmm what else...

we after that video players made just before festival, i hope there will be more and we post videos, for example there were tons of videos posted as a prank to metal bunny :( videos arent used that much but still they are used here and there, and on other hand we can wait and add this feature in near future when it will be more popular

• Root Admin

Have a look at the new Show/Hide Box

Its on the left under quick access or above under Insert Special Item

Boring Battle Log

Try and put anything long or that strechs the page in this so that people can actually read posts below and above it

I second the announcement recommendation.

I don't EVER go to that main page because I have my username and password saved on this computer to log me in automagically. So in other words, I don't EVER see the announcements.

Or at least make a subforum called announcements and copy->paste into there :-p