Transfer more coins

Grido

currently when transfering coins it works the same way as transfering inventory items, one at a time, now this becomes highly tedious whne dealing in high amounts of coins like have been going around due to the slave market

so my proposal would be to simply be able to choose to transfer more than the one coin at a time, you would chose the amount

Yes, but the thing is, each item has its own id. It is not set in a limited id barrier either, so I doubt a simple script will be able to check which items are silver coins, and which are not. It is a much more complicated process than it seems to be. The best solution is to change the coin system into a system by itself.

I know very very little (practically nothing) of scripting, but could this be corrected by adding a little box, like on the rit creation screen, where you choose an amount to transfer, max of 20?

Granted, even with massive quantities, this would still take multiple transfers, but 20 at a time is far less complicated then 1 at a time.

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' post='30155' date='May 4 2009, 06:17 AM']Yes, but the thing is, each item has its own id. It is not set in a limited id barrier either, so I doubt a simple script will be able to check which items are silver coins, and which are not. It is a much more complicated process than it seems to be. The best solution is to change the coin system into a system by itself.[/quote]

It can't be that hard, in lolcode it'd look something like:

HAI
I has coins
coins is 0
ItemIdList iz bucket
Im in ur ItemIdList itza numba
[indent] Iz ItemIdList#numba->name == "Silver Coin'
[indent] visible "found a coin!'
up coins[/indent]
nowai
[indent] visible 'found something else'[/indent][/indent]
kthx
visible coins
kthxbye

I kinda doubt MD is written in lolcode though... but things like sql are made to do the same with less lines of code. Or if you really want to minimize the code to be written, how about a list of check boxes instead of a pull down menu? That way you could even trade both items and any number of coins at the same time.

Edited by Kafuuka

• Root Admin

if coins is a simple variable then its easy

if its made like the items with a value it gets much harder query. still do-able

count all of item name "silver coin" and assign id of item to array and then giving out the items from the array depending on how many you want to give up.

It would be helpful but a system redesign may be in order

I kind of like the fact that you have to manually transfer each coin individually. I can't logically explain why, but I just can't help but imagine a shady dealer doling out each coin slowly.

But I suppose if you need a reason, it makes you realize how much 20 silver coins is, and makes you think twice about the purchase you are about to make.

Awi

• 4 months later...