Bug with my papers

LunarGoddess

I was editing my papers, which went fine. But when I was done editing my papers if found that the buttons edit and okay are no longer at the bottom of my papers. They aren't anywhere. So now I can't edit or exit my papers. I assume no body can exit them. Can someone help me with this? Any way to fix it?

hot-fix: refresh your browser and you'll be out on the map again

real fix: that thing is caused by background images as far as i know, reseize it and you should be done with the problem...
the necros always had that trouble because they wanted pitch-black backgrounds...

It has to do with not properly closing your tags (or in the wrong place),

Lib helped me last time I screwed up and closed them (when you notice DO NOT CLOSE YOUR PAGES, right click on your papers and click back, fix it and save again)

This is a really common problem with MD papers so don't panic because it is fixable (although incredibly annoying I know).

It tends to come either from trying to do some complex HTML and forgetting to end the script, or, one of the headings in the blog style editor has a tendancy to push your frame out of sync and make it really wide (in this case try highlighting some text and pushing your mouse to the right to scroll sideways and find your buttons to edit and fix the issue).

Might not be your issue, but those tend to be the reasons in my experience. If you need a hand, you know where to find me. :)

Z

[quote name='Burns' post='30421' date='May 5 2009, 11:17 PM']hot-fix: refresh your browser and you'll be out on the map again

real fix: that thing is caused by background images as far as i know, reseize it and you should be done with the problem...
the necros always had that trouble because they wanted pitch-black backgrounds...[/quote]
I can't edit my papers to resize anything.

[quote name='lightsage' post='30428' date='May 6 2009, 01:52 AM']It has to do with not properly closing your tags (or in the wrong place),

Lib helped me last time I screwed up and closed them (when you notice DO NOT CLOSE YOUR PAGES, right click on your papers and click back, fix it and save again)[/quote]

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' post='30430' date='May 6 2009, 02:24 AM']This is a really common problem with MD papers so don't panic because it is fixable (although incredibly annoying I know).

It tends to come either from trying to do some complex HTML and forgetting to end the script, or, one of the headings in the blog style editor has a tendancy to push your frame out of sync and make it really wide (in this case try highlighting some text and pushing your mouse to the right to scroll sideways and find your buttons to edit and fix the issue).

Might not be your issue, but those tend to be the reasons in my experience. If you need a hand, you know where to find me. :blink:

Z[/quote]
I might have forgotten to close a tag, but I have done that before and the buttons never dissapeared. But if that is the case, I can't edit anything.

I know, you need someone who knows what he's (or she's) doing to give you the right javascript link, I don't understand enough of it myself. I know Liberty can, I have confidence chewy can and there's probably some other people out there.

• Root Admin

too much to read :blink: busy

can someone sum it up so if i can help i will. i see something is wrong with the script or whatever i just need a simple summary or can someone else spend some time and try and provide a fix.

EDIT: Bah you got to it grido faster than me.