Training Area

We are trying to set up a training system for Loreroot, if anyone is interested in helping please post here.

Information:
We have tested one method of training that did not work very well for the alliance structure that we have. So we are going to test various other methods.

Ideas, suggestions are welcome.

The training area will be at the Defensive Quarters in Loreroot.

PM myself, or anyone on the Loreroot High Council if you wish to help.

-Thank you. :unsure:

Edit: Akasha, Please do not edit my posts especially when there is nothing wrong with them.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

I was about to ask the same thing: WHAT did it go wrong? WHAT did you test? Also why do you want another training ground? And if you want a training ground why not use the rules the MRs use? And if you do not want a MR-like training ground what type do you want?

Alright... here we go:

I and a few other people are setting up a training ground for Loreroot. I'm attempting to set up a system that works better for the Lorerootian's playing style. They are not stat grinders, therefore a training center that focuses on that would not be as beneficial as one that caters to their specific interests. As to what system that would be, I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. No really, I haven't worked out the details yet. What we were testing was the impact a training center would have on the Lorerootians in general. Therefore, nothing went wrong.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM them to one of my alts that I never use. I will update you as things progress, or when I get bored.

I suppose my question would be: What is the purpose of this training area?

For general training, one can easily go to the Gazebo of Equilibrium. Also, I haven't visited it in a while, but isn't the training ground at the Golden Globe Gazebo also running?

No matter what kind of training you are doing, it is important to have as many people around as possible. Opening up another training ground would be detrimental to this.

The one kind of training I haven't seen yet is training that focuses on learning new rituals and experimenting with what works best in different situations. Of course I found that I learned this quickly through training with the so-called stat grinders, but if there were a location that served that niche, I could see that has having some benefit.

That's my two cents.

Edit/P.S.: Based on previous posts it seems there isn't a specific goal yet, except to make it "work with the lorerootian alliances". I don't know what this means, perhaps you could explain why the current training areas do not work.

Edited by Willem RedBeard

[quote name='Willem RedBeard' post='31041' date='May 14 2009, 09:12 AM']The one kind of training I haven't seen yet is training that focuses on learning new rituals and experimenting with what works best in different situations. Of course I found that I learned this quickly through training with the so-called stat grinders, but if there were a location that served that niche, I could see that has having some benefit.[/quote]

Stat grinders are seen as a low level individuals in MD "society" :). Haven't you learned by now that this is a RP game? :)
So no frigging way that kind of "dojo" will be set. Also to be perfectly honest I for example would never attend such a place. I haven't used the dojo and I used the TG only occasionally ( for me GOE and former meeting place Willow's Shop worked the best).

if it's neither general xp-gaining from the dummies hanging out at GoE nor stat-gaining from the MR grounds, then all i can see left is rit-setting training...

nice idea, a lot of newer players have no idea about the benefits of _really_ good rituals, and a specially designated training ground will draw some attention... for a while, and then it will die because newbie-help is at Dojo, and advanced help can't be provided without constant activity of advanced fighters... and those will get bored from hanging out at DQ in the long run LOL

nonetheless, if you toss out some nice ideas about it, i would like to see that place in action once again instead of a lorerootian hideout XD

[quote name='Willem RedBeard' post='31041' date='May 13 2009, 11:12 PM']The one kind of training I haven't seen yet is training that focuses on learning new rituals and experimenting with what works best in different situations. Of course I found that I learned this quickly through training with the so-called stat grinders, but if there were a location that served that niche, I could see that has having some benefit.[/quote]
i think the dojo was supposed to do that but ive grinded my brain away and my memory could be wrong....

[quote name='MRWander' post='31117' date='May 14 2009, 06:21 PM']i think the dojo was supposed to do that but ive grinded my brain away and my memory could be wrong....[/quote]

the dojo is a bit of both ritual training and stat griding at request,(and in some people's mind mostly for newbies) not set like the training ground

If this idea is still being pursued, then I offer my assistance. It would have to be in my spare time, as I have other duties in the game, but if nothing else, I could be an unofficial helper and guide for those training in battle. I know I am still considered to be young by some standards, but I have thousands and thousands of battles behind me already and have trained extensively with the battle experts constantly for a number of weeks.