Personal hate list or... something else

Kriskah Arcanu

Shall we Change Hate list to something else  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have clicked many personal hate lists since I started playing the game. I must say (almost) nobody uses it for what it is. If somebody does it is only to put like a smal sentence... saying: I hate authoritarism, chat spam, and people without personal papers.

No body use it...So... what is the point?

My idea is that the hate page becomes officialy something else, like a diary or a show off for wining battles or a place to tell a story... I don't know...something else.

Maybe to give the player the choice to select a different title and use for that page will be challenging.

Regards,

K

pd. Should we vote? I am sure many people thinks the same

Edited by Chewett
Polls are nice :D

I agree it should be called something else, I use mine to hold my pwr wishs and my quests. maybe it could be simple called the extra paper since most people use it to hold info that is extra and most of the time unimportant for day to day interactions/rp

Just to add a few proofs

This is what I found only today, at Winds Sanctuary, The Dojo and The Gazebo.

[b]Tittles and contents of the personal hate list page:
[/b]
An old green hardcover notebook

Funny Things I Have Seen In Chat

Part 1-“The Beginning”

My Pics

Personal Stats

What Hate list

Quest

The balance

My personal quest

Hatred is a waste of Energy.

DEATH~NOTE

Necrovion my favourite land

Wedding planning *work in progress*

Those who can't hear the music, think the dancer is mad.

Water water…

My favourite Quotes

Hate? What a Cruel Word

Humanity

My HH Myself!!!

One of the most enjoyable aspects of MD for me is solving puzzles…

Archievements List

[b]And one who does use it:[/b]
Sir Blut
Very hard to trade with - pretends not to physically be able to.

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

''Those who can't hear the music, think the dancer is mad.'' is mine ^_^

to be fair on myself the initially visible text is:

[quote name='My Hate Doc']Hate

Hate is for those with darkness tainting their soul.
I do not hate, for that tainting would destroy me.

Think of what a better world it would be if we all the whole world had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankets for a nap.[/quote] So the title is deceptive in having nothing hate related in it, whilst the content does

I agree, a Hate List is just so negative ... I mean who really wants to put all the things they don't like into one place just so that others can come take a gander?

I like the "Extra Paper" idea, though mostly out of a lack of Other ideas...

[quote name='Grido' post='31114' date='May 14 2009, 05:35 PM']''Those who can't hear the music, think the dancer is mad.'' is mine ^_^

to be fair on myself the initially visible text is:
Hate
Hate is for those with darkness tainting their soul.
I do not hate, for that tainting would destroy me.
Think of what a better world it would be if we all the whole world had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankets for a nap.

So the title is deceptive in having nothing hate related in it, whilst the content does[/quote]

I only copy-pasted the tittle :)

A few people, like Grido have something about hate, whitch is not really a list of people or things they hate. Some are deep thougts about hate, death or deceit, whitch is interesting too... but it is not a hate list.

Other examples:

1) "Only Nothingness here in the Void
Because Nothing is born of Hatred"

2) "HATE TRULY IS AN EVIL WORD. DO WE EMBRACE IT AND FOLLOW AN EVIL PATH OR REJECT IT AND FLOAT ALONG A CELESTIAL ONE..."

These are all I could find today. Nobody else have anything about hate on my range.
I do remember to have read at least two more thoughts long time ago. Anyway, there where nothing more then two or three sentences.
The great mayority, I risk to say over 90%:
1) don't have a hate list at all, 2) they have it, but is empty, 3) they use it for something else.

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

[quote name='Jester' post='31121' date='May 14 2009, 06:46 PM']I had a hate list that had a page or two of things I hate, and I've seen a few other people with long lists as well.[/quote]

Besides Windy's list (which is one of many things she has on that page) and maybe two other players lists... I dont recall their names right now because I havent seen them in a long time, I haven't seen a list that could be really called a hate list.
But ok, lets say 4 or 5 players on MD have a Hate List.
Even if I they have 10, 15, 20 or even more things they hate. I trully don't see the necesity for all MD players to have a so called Hate List whitch just a very few really use.
Any way, [b]my idea is to make this an open option, so each player can choose how to name this page[/b]. Evidently the alternative I am sugesting won't mean they will have to erase their hate lists.

K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

now the idea will hang aound in space til Mur gets around, likes the title, skips through the topic and decides he likes the overall idea so much that he will implement it ^^

Imo everybody that isn't completely apathetic, has something (s)he hates.
My 'problem' with the hate list is that there's so much other stuff to write about and I like to keep things neatly organized, not mixing quests and 'things I hate' in the same scroll. So either the name should be changed to 'multipurpose scroll' or we should get more paper to work with. Like giving people that have quests but aren't RPC a brown Quest page? I don't need it to be gold, I just want more papers.

• 1 month later...

I just found a new hate list, kinda like it, I might change my mind about the HL after all... Nahh

List Of 10 Things
1.Clowns
2.Twice The Clowns
3.Clowns on a Tree
4.Clowns in wet cloths
5.Bad Baked Muffins
6.Looking at Clowns Eating Bad Baked Muffins
7.Wet Clowns eating Bad Baked Muffins on a Tree !
8.Just Clowns
9.Mirrors
10.Clowns in Mirrors !(eating bad baked Muffins on wet Tree's*)

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu