MDS survey

So far there has been a lot of discussion about what the MDS is worth, whether or not the currency actually has value, is stable etc. I thought it'd be a good thing to have a survey about prices, so I made one.

[url="http://ihazquest.x10hosting.com/survey/survey.php"]http://ihazquest.x10hosting.com/survey/survey.php[/url]

Once enough people have completed it, I can make some nice graphs and give them to the MD newspaper or post them here. If anyone wants to check my math, I wont mind giving the raw data either, I don't think there is any valuable personal information to be paranoid about, but a graphical representation of what people think the MDS is worth, might shed a new light on the discussion and speed up the stabilization. (or it might tell us that we are nowhere near a consensus)

It only takes a couple of minutes do take the survey!
(now let's hope the x10 server will survive all that traffic)

[quote name='Kafuuka' post='32022' date='May 22 2009, 12:17 PM']So far there has been a lot of discussion about what the MDS is worth, whether or not the currency actually has value, is stable etc. I thought it'd be a good thing to have a survey about prices, so I made one.[/quote]

Thanks so much Kafuuka. I really apreciate the effort you put in this.
I trust the value of the MDS coin is in our hands (MD community) only. So it is for us to decide.
I hope we can soon see the results.
K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

• 1 month later...

I didn't know, and I don't really care much anymore.
I thought it'd be a good idea to establish faith in the MDS and stop people from making "ridiculous" offers for items or creatures. Normally prices are clear if you look at a long history of trades and compare those to the supply and demand. In MD there isn't much information available unless you'd read through the dozens of buy/sell topics and even then I doubt there is much consensus.
Right now 11 people have completed this survey... I would've made some fancy bell curves and correlation plots, but with only 11 points of data it's rather meaningless.

There are different ways to gather data. The best way would be to log all trades that happen, but that would require a different trade interface. If the marketplace is moved from the forum to something that is easy to index, that would work too, but it would mean yet another separate website and we already have the game, the archives and the forum. MDbuy?