Future of the Archivists

pamplemousse

The Archives, and MagicDuel as a whole, are in a time of transition. As we leave the Era of Alpha 8 we all must evolve towards a common goal, or we become trapped and stagnant. I cannot say what the Era of Alpha 9 will bring, but I can set forth my goals for myself, the Archivists and Archives.

[list]
[*]First of all, it has made it clear that [b]we[/b] are the ones who make history; you, me, the older player training at GOE, the newer player taking their first steps out of paper cabin, everyone. However, I feel that this opportunity is not being taken advantage of properly. And I am no exception, I do not drive a storyline nor RP as much as I should (or would like to) as an RPC. History can be made every day and it needs to be documented, which leads me to my next point.
[/list]
[list]
[*]I would like at least two Archivists (and invite the Legend Speakers work with us as well) to report on a land and alliance (s) in that land. For example, Golemus Golemicarum. The Alliances based in Golemus are The Guerrilla Golemicarum (consisting of 31 members) The MR's Fraternity (consisting of 17 members) and The Kelle'tha Order (consisting of two members). Then there is the land itself. Ideally, I would like The Archivists to form worthwhile and trusting relationships with contact persons in the alliances to inform the rest of the world about the accomplishments and endeavors of the land and those affiliated with it. People want to be informed, they are interested in you! I would also like to include land-based sections into the Archives site as well, with each Archivist posting updates, adventures and tidings on their assigned land. This will also include current treaties, philosophy and pedagogy of the land and its alliances.
[/list]

[list]
[*]In accordance with recent events involving lore and history, we find ourselves needing to act upon the history created by players, not the ancient lore previously disclosed. I would like the Archivists, as well as the Legend Speakers, to be a cadre of those who can assist with writing and creation of personal stories, quests and roles.
[/list]

Any feedback or suggestions you could offer would be appreciated. These goals are by no means written in stone, they are only a jumping off place for the future.

The Legend Speakers are at your disposal: ask, and ye shall receive.

I volunteer myself to assist in the chronicling of the affairs of Necrovion, and recommend Calyx of Isis as a chronicler for Loreroot. I'll ask Fawe and XinHun where they would like to help.

If im not mistaken, that's basically a major part of the Archivist's job.....to Archive events. That's how it always should be, yet when I look at the archives it doesnt look like that is happening and the only archivist I see checking whats going on all about the place and asking questions is Awiiya. So; nice one for bringing it up Pample.

Z

I do my best, but it's VERY difficult to keep up on all of the events and nuances of the alliances and of MD as a whole.

And so, I plan on asking for some help from the alliances. I'm going to ask them in person, but I would like at least one person from each alliance to be constantly supplying me with information about their alliance. This would take considerable pressure off of me.

The person who is to be appointed should be one of the most active members of the alliance, and can be the alliance leader them self. In any case, the public result of this will be my K document. Every time I receive updates from the alliance, I will refresh my K document, and so it will be a constantly updating list of each alliance's activities. I am also hoping to create a central place where the dogma's, purposes, and other necessary information about treaties will be available to the public. Not sure what form that will take yet, so stay tuned.

And for all those curious, the memorial is progressing. The first is done, and will be posted on the forum for review later today.

That's all.

Awi