[Golemus Golemicarum] The Legend Of Sharpwind Island

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my story but geographically it's the closest place
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine is the tale of an island.... Sharpwind island.... a small island south west of Golemus Golemicarum

It is basically a huge rock shaped like a sphere and filled with caverns, a hard place that the wind hits all day and numerous whirlwinds constantly appear across it's coast.

There are legends that the God of wind cursed this island, to be tormented forever by the winds... It is said that the caverns are winding endlessly like a huge maze, in the center of which lies, among other things, a nest of Reanaers* (commonly known as Windemons)... and all these to protect something, something long lost and forgotten...

I don't really recall how I ended up there...A bunch of fishermen found me there living from the insects and the rats deep within the caverns.... They were astonished anyone could manage to live there and they named me after the island

It took me 3 years to come to my senses thanks to the fishermen and a wise man that took me under his protection. He came to visit me every week cause I refused to leave the island and teached me things about the great principles and the coming of the Angiens... the Gods, the Demons, the Salvation as he put it

He insisted that there was a prophecy... and my coming was fortold ... What role I would play ? He could not see "Time unfolds in numerous ways my son, he said, and you are but an infant, a tiny thread in the masterpiece this world is, a drop of water in the sea.... but sometimes it takes just that to flip the patterns or end the balance...

Last month I left my island and sadly still... have no recollection of who I really am nor have I found my place and role in the world, but this is another tale, a tale that is just unfolding....

For now just call me Sharpwind
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pilgrimage to the Angien Shrine and the legend of Xalazia

After my journey from Sharpwind island to Golemus Golemicarum and to No Man's Land I heared the rumors everywhere I passed through "The egg hatched, the Angiens are here"

From every face and every word I heard I finally knew it was true and I knew I had to see for my self.
So I reached the land of Marind Bell and found the Angien Shrine on a remote island, and after seeing that noble and fragile creature I finally knew...

The Angien unlocked my memory somehow and I remembered everything...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I come from a land far beyond Golemus Golemicarum and Sharpwind island a land called Xalazia where my people worship Reanaers* (Windemons) and Angiens and pray to the God of Wind.
Xalazia was completely annihilated from an army of undead creatures and the handful of us Xalazians that remain are living underground and starving.
I was the last knight of Xalazia and as such I was given a quest from our King, a quest to find the Reanaers and the Angiens so that we could destroy the foul beasts that are ravaging our lands before it is too late...

But ... I FAILED .... The ship wrecked on the numerous whirlwinds of Sharpwind island and my crew drowned... I lost my memory when I hit my head on a rock during the shipwreck.... and spend more than 5 years on that cursed island without being able to remember who I am... I lost my mind and my reason and became like a beast, a mad man walking around the caverns, mumbling nonsense, eating rats, insects and fish to stay alive and having terrible nightmares every single night...

There is probably no one alive in Xalazia anymore... but still ... I have to try... I have to get stronger and try to complete my quest... For Xalazia, I have nothing else left...

My real name is not important anymore... Now I have a purpose... and I won't forget it ever again

I'm Sharpwind the last Knight of Xalazia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Reanaers (commonly known as Windemons)
are wise and mighty creatures, and they are both feared and respected for their wit and ferocity in battle. They are the children of the God of wind, his messengers and the protectors of all secrets. They usually speak in riddles, observe everything but have no interest in the mortal world

Very few people had the honor of ever seeing a Reanaer so stories differ about their appearance.
In some stories they are described like small whirlwinds moving with incredible speed and tossing electric sparks as they spin,
in other stories they are half whirlwind half demon, black eyed, emitting a mysterious silver light from their bodies and tossing lightning bolts burning opponents to the ground...

There are even some legends that elder Reanaer have the ability to open a vortex to travel through space

Whatever the case may be Reanaers existence is confirmed by numerous myths and legends but not by actual facts, so some scholars are skeptical about them

Edited by Shadowseeker

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='redneck' date='22 July 2009 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1248225640' post='37635']
I think your story or whatever you call it is pretty good^^
[/quote]

I was really excited when I finished it :P

Thank you very much redneck :P (both for reading it and for your nice comments)

• 1 month later...

A little update on the story
-------------------------------------

Not all tales are big and fancy, but good tales are weird and unique

Mine is the tale of an island.... Sharpwind island.... a small island south west of Golemus Golemicarum

Sharpwind island

It is basically a huge rock shaped like a sphere and filled with caverns, a hard place that the wind hits all day and numerous whirlwinds constantly appear across it's coast.

There are legends that the God of wind cursed this island, to be tormented forever by the winds... It is said that the caverns are winding endlessly like a huge maze, in the center of which lies, among other things, a nest of Reanaers (commonly known as Windemons)... and all these to protect something, something long lost and forgotten...

I don't really recall how I ended up there...A bunch of fishermen found me there living from the insects and the rats deep within the caverns.... They were astonished anyone could manage to live there and they named me after the island

It took me 3 years to come to my senses thanks to some fishermen from Golemus Golemicarum and a wise man that took me under his protection. He came to visit me every week cause I refused to leave the island and teached me things about the great principles and the coming of the Angiens... the Gods, the Demons, the Salvation as he put it

He insisted that there was a prophecy... and my coming was fortold ... What role I would play ? He could not see "Time unfolds in numerous ways my son, he said, and you are but an infant, a tiny thread in the masterpiece this world is, a drop of water in the sea.... but sometimes it takes just that to flip the patterns or end the balance...". That was the last time I saw the old man, my black invisibility cloak was his departing gift to me, he thought we wouldn't see each other again...

Last month I left my island and sadly still... have no recollection of who I really am nor have I found my place and role in the world, but this is another tale, a tale that is just unfolding....

For now just call me Sharpwind

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pilgrimage to the Angien Shrine

After my journey from Sharpwind island to Golemus Golemicarum and to No Man's Land I heared the rumors everywhere I passed through "The egg hatched, the Angiens are here"

From every face and every word I heard I finally knew it was true and I knew I had to see for my self.
So I reached the land of Marind Bell and found the Angien Shrine on a remote island, and after seeing that noble and fragile creature I finally knew...

The Angien unlocked my memory somehow and I remembered everything...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The legend of Xalazia

I come from a land far beyond Golemus Golemicarum and Sharpwind island, from a city called Xalazia where my people worship Reanaers (Windemons) and Angiens and pray to the God of Wind.
Xalazia was completely annihilated from an army of undead creatures led by a vampire clan and the handful of us Xalazians that remain are living underground and starving.
I was a knight of Xalazia and as such I was given a quest from our King, a quest to find the Reanaers and the Angiens so that we could destroy the foul beasts that are ravaging our lands before it is too late...

But ... I FAILED .... The ship wrecked on the numerous whirlwinds of Sharpwind island and my crew drowned... I lost my memory when I hit my head on a rock during the shipwreck.... and spend more than 5 years on that cursed island without being able to remember who I am... I lost my mind and my reason and became like a beast, a mad man walking around the caverns, mumbling nonsense, eating rats, insects and fish to stay alive and having terrible nightmares every single night...

There is probably no one alive in Xalazia anymore... but still ... I have to try... I have to get stronger and try to complete my quest... If nothing else I must avenge those foul creatures... I have nothing else left...

My real name is not important anymore... Who I was partly died on Sharpwind island...
Still my purpose remains... and I won't forget it ever again...

I'm Sharpwind, a Knight of Xalazia

The Angien quest

I visited the Angien shrine every day for more than a month to train, meditate and pray. The Angiens heard my tale and my plead and told that they'd help me if I managed to enter Loreroot and sacrifice some of my strongest creatures to the wasp altar as a token of my commitment to them.

Entering Loreroot was not an easy feat... There were many strong creatures guarding it, creatures one could not see with a naked eye... not even with my silver Xalazian eyes...
This was the beginning of a quest that took me in the underground fighting numerous undead creatures and acquiring a sun god armor and a unique potion. I had grown quite strong when I came bearing a potion to see and fight the Loreroot guards but still I couldn't defeat them.In the end I managed to find a way to trick them into entering and acquiring a silver medusa sword from them. Another 30 days had past until I was finally able to make the sacrifices and come back to the Angien temple.

Finally I had gained their trust and help... and I was holding in my arms a true Angien egg...

"This is our help to you, when it comes of age, you'll know what you have to do", they said before disappearing from my eyes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unexpected encounter

I decided to train and try to live a normal life in this kingdom until the hatch of the Angien...
So I explored the lands and found the MD Archives at the north border which I decided to visit frequently to learn more of this kingdom and it's ways

The best place I could think of living at this time was Loreroot, I started living next to the Oak Tower (under a tree) and hunting by Stag's Crossing. Loreroot could provide me what I needed to live, grow and train by challenging other beings to noble fights
I had grown accustomed to this life even made some friends from the local Inn when one day he appeared.....

The captain of the Guards North Equilibrium one of my own race, one I thought of as dead here in Loreroot! How could that be ???
Before I could say anything to him he stormed out into the night... and left me there mumbling and acting like crazy

I chased after him but he was gone.... his trails led me to the eastern lands... the Tribunal as they call it here...

I must rest tonight... I'll see you tomorrow old friend... (to be continued)