Reanaer (Windemon)

*Reanaers (commonly known as Windemons)
are wise and mighty creatures, and they are both feared and respected for their wit and ferocity in battle. They are the children of the God of wind, his messengers and the protectors of all secrets. They usually speak in riddles, observe everything but have no interest in the mortal world

Very few people had the honor of ever seeing a Reanaer so stories differ about their appearance.
In some stories they are described like small whirlwinds moving with incredible speed and tossing electric sparks as they spin,
in other stories they are half whirlwind half demon, black eyed, emitting a mysterious silver light from their bodies and tossing lightning bolts burning opponents to the ground...

There are even some legends that elder Reanaer have the ability to open a vortex to travel through space

Whatever the case may be Reanaers existence is confirmed by numerous myths and legends but not by actual facts, so some scholars are skeptical about them

I like the idea of a creature like that.

But yes I agree with Guy in that you should add some levels, special abilities (to make it new and interesting and something unlike creatures already available), and descriptions. Maybe even pictures of that creature if you can get your hands on some. I look forward to your idea once you get started on it :D

from reading his player background in another thread, it sounds like he wants his story to be more real than it is by having a creature which he wants to seek out to be a real one as opposed to made up.

for this reason i will say no to this unless it's a spectacular idea, which i don't imagine it will be due to the background behind the idea in the first place.

-just being honest.

[quote name='Grido' date='14 July 2009 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1247564485' post='36992']
from reading his player background in another thread, it sounds like he wants his story to be more real than it is by having a creature which he wants to seek out to be a real one as opposed to made up.

for this reason i will say no to this unless it's a spectacular idea, which i don't imagine it will be due to the background behind the idea in the first place.

-just being honest.
[/quote]

Well it's no big secret since I posted the story myself,
but what is wrong with creating a story that interweaves with the world of magicduel ? (I thought that was the point of the game)
What is wrong with wanting it to become real ? and if you like my creature, what does it really matter ?

------------------------

If you really like it I'll try to get into more details and create a suitable background

It should have very high initiave and for abilities I was thinking damage (lighning bolt) and weaken defence(electric shock) (or freeze opponent for 1 round from shock)for starting levels and mass attack (chain lightning) for future levels

Edited by Sharpwind

the wrong part of it is that you should first see the world of MD and then find your niche in it, not create exuberant stories for yourslef and then expect the world to bend until it fits your story...
there is no wind-daimon creature yet, so please come up with good ideas for one, that's totally encouraged, but don't expect any creature-idea to be implemented within less than a year :D

also, you are not suggesting creature ideas atm, you are just telling us 'hey, this is my story and now i need a new creature, and i'd also like to become their master and RPC with said daimon as my private RPC-reward right NOW, thanks' and assume that someone could work out the details for you, like how it looks, what it does, and such...

and seriously, there are enough hard-core damagers, come up with soemthing new ^^

[quote name='Burns' date='14 July 2009 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1247580149' post='37021']
the wrong part of it is that you should first see the world of MD and then find your niche in it, not create exuberant stories for yourslef and then expect the world to bend until it fits your story...
there is no wind-daimon creature yet, so please come up with good ideas for one, that's totally encouraged, but don't expect any creature-idea to be implemented within less than a year :D

also, you are not suggesting creature ideas atm, you are just telling us 'hey, this is my story and now i need a new creature, and i'd also like to become their master and RPC with said daimon as my private RPC-reward right NOW, thanks' and assume that someone could work out the details for you, like how it looks, what it does, and such...

and seriously, there are enough hard-core damagers, come up with soemthing new ^^
[/quote]

Well that wasn't my purpose but now I see where you're getting at...

I was merely being enthusiastic about finishing my story when I posted both these topics. I never got that far though...

Edited by Sharpwind

i think Burns kinda said what i meant

but yeah, the point of the game is to have a story that interweaves with MD, but you shouldn't expect everything to change just to fit you, as Burns said ""expect the world to bend until it fits your story...""

that makes sense i hope

[quote name='Grido' date='14 July 2009 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1247595491' post='37055']
i think Burns kinda said what i meant

but yeah, the point of the game is to have a story that interweaves with MD, but you shouldn't expect everything to change just to fit you, as Burns said ""expect the world to bend until it fits your story...""

that makes sense i hope
[/quote]

[b]Anyway I'm withdrawing the proposal...[/b]

But I really think Burns exaggerated a lot...
So creatures referred in our stories shouldn't be proposed... in order to avoid any possible future rights on them ? (lol you know it kind of sums up at it)
I would prefer a comment like "I don't like it" rather than "if this creature is made he might ask bonuses"...

It's a bit crazy I think me having to apologize for something I didn't ask... I just proposed a creature in the end... I asked for no rights, bonuses or rewards for it...

Anyway as I said I withdraw my proposal

i wasnt asking you to apologise or anything of the sort, and i wasnt suggesting you would get those perks or anything

you cant expect the realm to change because of your story or background though. it changes for ideas people have.

[quote name='Grido' date='14 July 2009 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1247600935' post='37063']
i wasnt asking you to apologise or anything of the sort, and i wasnt suggesting you would get those perks or anything

you cant expect the realm to change because of your story or background though. it changes for ideas people have.
[/quote]

ok I respect what you're saying and as so I'm withdrawing my proposal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another idea... if you like to hear

[b]Morphs (or morph golems)[/b] created by the Golemus scientists (basically shape shifters)

take random shape of creature, in every fight, according to their level, a percent modifier based on personal luck and creature strength (att+def+pwr) so that stronger creatures would be harder to get
And they have the abilities of that creature during the fight

Apparently it gives a random effect in the battle

(Another idea is mirroring a random creature from the opponent team)

Edited by Sharpwind