Kittiness The Slave

Asterdai

Kittiness - her fate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kittiness and the Rajj-

the third wife of khalazadad is a slave, bought by him to be his wife. Since the rajj has gone she has been unhappy. Kittiness has been a slave from birth and if she would be released and "freed" this will also make her very unhappy. She desires to serve a master to the fullest extent possible, doing everything a slave, or a slave wife can do for her master. There are a few problems with this and a few things that need to be said.

1. The rajj is not dead, he dissapeared into the desert into a "place where others cannot go" when he left he said simply to kittiness that he wanted her to "live"
2. the rajj paid for kittiness the price of 1000 camels, 5000 goats, and 3 kilometers of fine fabric, she is therefore a commodity and a price may or may not still need to be paid for her depending on who "owns" her still
3. .Peace. believes she belongs to the desert, this may have complications with who becomes her new master, depending on certain things.
4. She needs to find a Real master, anyone will not do, they need to be commited to MD, and treat her like a slave, like she is used to and likes being treated.

What WE can do?

Please vote on the voting system so we can gather a certain public concensus on what you feel "should" be the right answer, please also write back with your opinion, as this is also very important in deciding where kittiness and .peace. and the rajj stand on her ownership/price and her belonging to the desert. This may or may not result in her being able to be sold, and if she is there needs to be a public sale for her, to allow a price to be paid by the highest bidder.

Please give me your thoughts, including you .peace. and kittiness.

i may or not be bidding for kittiness but at the end of the day i feel i cannot be her master, i would like her to be owned by someone who will treat her like a slave, properly, and i will pay for her to be under my ownership to keep her until someone else is found if need be. I just want her to be happy, and at the moment it is very clear she is not.
(poll ajusted slighty from - please look at my post to please write an opinion..as this was confusing people..)

Edited by Asterdai

[quote name='Grido' date='23 August 2009 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1251029507' post='40044']
we've already had a slave market, so slavery already exists in MD :))
[/quote]

ah, well, i didn't play the game the :)
but now that i do i will actively oppose any slave markets and alikes

be warned! :)

just cause she was a slave all her life doesn't mean she has to stay a slave...

the dog who never leaves his hut will forever be afraid of the yard, and even the cats will laugh about him [don't know if you'd know that... it's what parents tell their children if they don't want to move out where i live]

Khalazdad's appearance changed the ways of a many people, and so should his departure...

apart form that, i'm pretty sure that he wouldn't like his wife to be anyones slave :/

[quote]2. the rajj paid for kittiness the price of 1000 camels, 5000 goats, and 3 kilometers of fine fabric, she is therefore a commodity and a price may or may not still need to be paid for her depending on who "owns" her still[/quote]

O.o oke where did khal got that much meat.... coz in necro... nothing lives there except death itself

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='23 August 2009 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1251043897' post='40068']
O.o oke where did khal got that much meat.... coz in necro... nothing lives there except death itself
[/quote]

*grins* im not quite sure..
However looking at the poll results im really doubting people are actually reading my post before voting. Most dont seem to realise that she will be more unhappy if she is free. i may have to remove that option from the poll, and start this over.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Asterdai' date='23 August 2009 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1251047295' post='40079']
*grins* im not quite sure..However looking at the poll results im really doubting people are actually reading my post before voting. Most dont seem to realise that she will be more unhappy if she is free. i may have to remove that option from the poll, and start this over.
[/quote]

Or perhaps people want to free her no matter how unhappy she shall be?

removing the option and starting again is a bit like forcing people to vote for something you want.

Kittiness has been on her own for 6 months now. She needs to find herself. Windy gave her some food for thought that I believe should give her a new lease on life. Be free and spread your wings Dah-ling. You don't need to cowto a man, be your own master.

[quote name='Asterdai' date='23 August 2009 - 04:16 AM' timestamp='1251018989' post='40031']
Kittiness and the Rajj-

the third wife of khalazadad is a slave, bought by him to be his wife. Since the rajj has gone she has been unhappy. Kittiness has been a slave from birth and if she would be released and "freed" this will also make her very unhappy. She desires to serve a master to the fullest extent possible, doing everything a slave, or a slave wife can do for her master. There are a few problems with this and a few things that need to be said.

1. The rajj is not dead, he dissapeared into the desert into a "place where others cannot go" when he left he said simply to kittiness that he wanted her to "live"
2. the rajj paid for kittiness the price of 1000 camels, 5000 goats, and 3 kilometers of fine fabric, she is therefore a commodity and a price may or may not still need to be paid for her depending on who "owns" her still
3. .Peace. believes she belongs to the desert, this may have complications with who becomes her new master, depending on certain things.
4. She needs to find a Real master, anyone will not do, they need to be commited to MD, and treat her like a slave, like she is used to and likes being treated.

What WE can do?

Please vote on the voting system so we can gather a certain public concensus on what you feel "should" be the right answer, please also write back with your opinion, as this is also very important in deciding where kittiness and .peace. and the rajj stand on her ownership/price and her belonging to the desert. This may or may not result in her being able to be sold, and if she is there needs to be a public sale for her, to allow a price to be paid by the highest bidder.

Please give me your thoughts, including you .peace. and kittiness.

i may or not be bidding for kittiness but at the end of the day i feel i cannot be her master, i would like her to be owned by someone who will treat her like a slave, properly, and i will pay for her to be under my ownership to keep her until someone else is found if need be. I just want her to be happy, and at the moment it is very clear she is not.
(poll ajusted slighty from - please look at my post to please write an opinion..as this was confusing people..)
[/quote]

[quote name='Chewett' date='23 August 2009 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1251047543' post='40083']
Or perhaps people want to free her no matter how unhappy she shall be?

removing the option and starting again is a bit like forcing people to vote for something you want.
[/quote]

yep your right, i wasnt Really going to do it :P

The choice should be hers.

If her husband is considered dead, then she should have the choice to stay in servitude or not.

If the Rajj returns, then it would be between the two of them.

If there was no decision before the Rajj left concerning her fate, it should be her decision.

[quote name='Mya Celestia' date='24 August 2009 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1251077659' post='40137']
The choice should be hers.

If her husband is considered dead, then she should have the choice to stay in servitude or not.

If the Rajj returns, then it would be between the two of them.

If there was no decision before the Rajj left concerning her fate, it should be her decision.
[/quote]

Do you not think she belongs to the daughter of the Rajj, as a commodity of the family?

The history of slaves is not a monochrome thing. There have been times where slaves were better of then free men and times when slavery involved lots of early deaths. One of the factors is the worth of a slave. If you have paid a royal sum for your slave, you will not let them die of starvation. Slaves have even been put in charge over entire households.

Considering the price mentioned (which we're probably not to take literally), it is likely that she will be worse off free. I always envisioned MD at least as harsh as the real world and there are a lot of people in the real world whose quality of life would increase a thousandfold by becoming slaves to a king. - This is not a defense of slavery but an observation on the existence of the 3rd and 4th world. - Furthermore, if a female member of the family would supervise the household, any and all 'feminist' motives to support freedom are void.

[quote name='Asterdai' date='24 August 2009 - 03:40 AM' timestamp='1251078016' post='40138']
Do you not think she belongs to the daughter of the Rajj, as a commodity of the family?
[/quote]
Why the daughter? The family has more members to choose from.
If you assume he is alive, she is not a commodity of the family. One or more members of the family temporarily takes charge of managing his possessions, including slaves, yet they remain his commodities until he returns or proof of his dead is discovered. In the latter case, there is the very painful option of sending her to the next world, to continue serving her true owner there, assuming that he is dead. Or the more humane option of dividing the inheritance.