A Game Within The Game

Sharpwind

Games in MD  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently in MD one can interact with others through chatting, fighting and trading

Wouldn't it be great to be able to challenge another player to a game (games like othello, chess, dices or cards) preferably custom games

These games could help the roleplaying too (use a game to settle a dispute or decide something)

(Just an idea, but perhaps a hard one to materialize, sorry if it's posted before)

[color=purple]EDIT: inserted N/A option on second part of question, so people arent forced to vote for one - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

wouldn't it be easier to meet somebody on a professional free online platform for games that already exist? why should Mur waste time on coding chess when it's already available on the web on various sites?

and about custom games... i have never been too imaginative with games, never got any further than hide-and-seek, but if you have a nice idea, come up wiht it =))

If you put a game like chess within MD wouldnt work, unless done superbly.
I can picture this, overview of a little board on a stone table with stone benches on either end, view being from one corner of the room, a doorway in each of the 2 visible walls.
That would of course be another scene in the realm, you'd then have to sort the coding to allow players to move the pieces etc etc.

My point being, it's not as simple as having a pop up with an animated chess board like it is if you visit one of those online game places, if you did it like that it wouldn't fit with the way the realm is, you would have to do it, at least similarly, like i just said.

The other suggestions would have to work in the same/similar way in my head.

Having something animated like you're probably thinking about, just doesnt fit with MD imo. And even what i said would be pushing it.

Edited by Grido

Well I was mostly thinking of a strategic game like othello which is easy to learn and hard to master.

([b]othello game[/b] rules http://www.centralconnector.com/games/othello.html)

Or like stratego but with creatures of magicduel instead

([b]stratego game[/b] rules http://woz.commtechlab.msu.edu/courses/346fa02/stratego/rules.html)

I get a bad rep warning on the first site, so i'm not going there, still i know how to play Othello (or Reversi as i know it), and equally it would have to be in MD style if it ever got implemented, it wouldnt fit to have an animated screen to play Othello, or Stratego (whatever that is), when the rest of the game is sketches and drawings.

[quote name='Grido' date='11 September 2009 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1252623870' post='41465']
I get a bad rep warning on the first site, so i'm not going there, still i know how to play Othello (or Reversi as i know it), and equally it would have to be in MD style if it ever got implemented, it wouldnt fit to have an animated screen to play Othello, or Stratego (whatever that is), when the rest of the game is sketches and drawings.
[/quote]

I totally agree on that. It should be in MD style if ever implemented

• 2 weeks later...