Mysterious Glow (Maybe A Bug?)

cutler121

I have been working with the clickable elements lately trying to get them to do interesting things and possibly work together in a more concerted fashion like I used in my last "what number am I" puzzle arcade quest. I have noticed a few times that the clickable elements which glow orange at times seem to spread out beyond the limits of the actual clickable.

Has anyone else seen this?

It seems like it happens most often in marind's roundabout and alche's mysterious statue. I will keep looking around to see if I can get it to happen consistently not just on a random infrequent manner.

If anyone has seen clickable elements "bleed" out into the rest of the screen please let me know here how you did it and where. Also if I am able to get this to occur on command I will post a note here to see if other people are able to see this phenomenon as well.

Cutler

Yes, it definitely seems to have something to do with the clickable elements. The more clickables there are at a given location, the stronger the effect seems to be. That is most likely why I noticed it at Alche's statue and the marin roundabout, they both have a lot of clickables.

It is almost like there is another layer to MD under the one we are all used to residing in. I will keep working on this, I almost have a way to get to show the effect on command. Then I should be able to get a screenshot as well.

Cheers,

Cutler

So as unlikely as this may sound, it looks like clickable elements have a physical presence beyond just the screen locations on which they reside. Once I realized this was the case it turned out that it wasn't just clickables that had a physical manifestation but also the arrows that allow movement from one place to another.

The size and strength of these objects seem to correlate well with their effect upon the normal "real" MD. It seems as if there are also some clickable elements which aren't accessible in the normal MD because they are too weak to break through.

For lack of a better term, I am calling the location in which these objects reside the MD astral plane. It seems that within the astral plane everything is colored a darkish orange very similar to the color which arises when a clickable is about to be used. It seems as if these objects in the astral plane weaken the connection to the "real" MD allowing the color to bleed through and the clickable element be accessed.

I have started to categorize the objects I have found in the astral plane, but to get others to possibly help me on this research, I will be putting up a link which allows some of what I am describing to be seen within MD (so no this isn't RP). Hopefully within the next day or two I should have a set of usable links enabled (most likely accessible through a clickable element) for others to test out the workings of the astral plane for themselves.

If everything goes well, I may be able to make a fair portion of the astral plane of necrovion accessible for people to explore since for some reason the necro land seems to most easily connect with the astral plane. Most likely as we learn more about the workings of the astral plane this will change.

Cheers,

Cutler

Have you tried seeing if it happens with different resolutions?
I hae always noticed it on the arrows at the Splitted Pass Halt, they almost look as if they move forward.
Perhaps and intended effect. I'm guessing it's just a scaling or recolouring mistakes.

I think I have come to understand what is going on. I have tried to make the objects I have found easily observable so I set a link in the non-talking rock at the Gazebo of Equilibrium.

Anyone who wants to see the astral plane can see what I have been describing there in the link "Entering the Astral Plane".

Cheers,

Cutler

Ahhhh yes, there will be a guest using the astral plane starting on day 320. But after the quest the astral plane will remain and it opens up a new world of possibilities.

There is also some research into how the astral plane works in other lands currently being done. Expect some roles and new development to arise as well. If you are interested in participating feel free to contact me. I get the feeling that we have only just begun to scratch the surface of what we can learn from the astral plane.

Cheers,

Cutler

So it seems that Asterdai has been exploring the necrovion astral plane and has discovered an entrance into the House of Tainted Times. When Asterdai first entered the House of Tainted Times he found a sealed scroll which had been left for the first person to gain entrance there.

Fortunately, the scroll had only been slightly damaged by the long time it had laid undiscovered.

Work continues on discovering the properties and working of the astral plane. Hopefully as more research is completed, further insights will be revealed in the astral plane.

For now, the scroll presents a mystery, which I am willing to reward anyone who is able to help discover the meaning. On day 330, I will reveal the contents of this scroll within the foyer of the House of Tainted Times in the astral plane for any who are interested in deciphering its message.

Anyone who is able to gain access to the House of Tainted Times before then may also gain some early insights into the ancient culture which produced this scroll.

If anyone has seen any additional anomalies in the astral plane or other places in the real MD in which the astral plane has broken through I would be very interested in hearing what you observed.

Cheers,

Cutler

Edited by cutler121

The scroll found in the House of Tainted times has been transcribed to a less fragile vessel and will shortly be available for all to view in the House of Tainted Times. For those who have already gained access to the inside of the House of Tainted Times, you will be able to view the encrypted message on day 329.

For those unable to gain entrance to the House of Tainted Times, I will post the encrypted message here on day 330.

There is still one more day to try to gain access to the House of Tainted Times for those who have not yet been able to enter. The first person to break the code on the message will receive a WishPoint.

Cheers,

Cutler

The sealed note found by Asterdai contained the following text. The first person to decode this text and discover the message stored within will receive a Wishpoint and more importantly open up the next leg of the astral plane quest.

Cheers,

Cutler

The contents of the message are shown below:

Er glzlf nzsilzt zlzw osucf oicilr. Dvyf as karyx cisvnvf apnm lzlfs dmjnfg zlzry laj c wpllpghz mgyz nf tni rwlvac rsiax, px nopw yg xmcn lftw xo bpve gahx avyji kfk pxsfj gj sltcqits emhyj tvdkiiec hwety. Uvur hm sbf cfmhnsl xijisvcy gcma iyscsx lloy at ow gskwisnl bb uymuu jwsdqw bggb xg piwg apnm oek rcwh. Sfuh rmmmfk bvkuof epjl srawhx ss g glfw sn kjl ifmyes dfsrs. Gq snstoarg r ebjr bu xos lakvy oae sw wgqefpl euh kmlr, nziww dili nek jolpk bb klwaoll sb yze vlpwagac rsiax. Pj vbfq mh hgurh yeni eefll galvl. Giei ck gux hrvcir stlbuklr kswahsi lo zijx lle frwwfbai omjgxvjkiy, gfydh drohor mv xos ukxffd cafv lmvt ft ldrg rmsz mgqstfe or klw vern dweek.

Ma gnsvhjv ay e jmetlv km mibs wlh ix qiwvexw fj hiognl lvlsmrsx tc affy. Zlvmj esktht pniiz kyji pzjnkh ks swh rpk buxpv swpww kjje yrljxid fwa. Euta rvpivc ysww cej xzet eq jcox lbpgnwh oqgnk. Ayif snv ebjr phw ksmlvcdwd ysdilmmvu mwhk, mmcs ij yd yg sob fxzir ckcqaz iipbak hwjv ay avpd. Iatj jcox dez qifrshlej xf sllei ebjrl, zstsnaqsx lo lvzifhs ft wtngaw vf ufmafds clzgz pimgk kyhzi ac nzi hfjgkx. Zx oes lpjtrty. Wv ky oebywd zs brga hfy apr vbflg qwvs hgntitxwh.

Cldla by lzlfs lcdj gf rmmmfk cighbhkl alfy yehmwrkh rrv hejvywlxk xv hlq xc kanj e gelxeip pv gal gvbhwghngny. Jfv ksmv tlifhu, wvay uypjk skidiv xo yqsl gal wvif xsf sgt pyjx s grvcacex, iya zujks ljoatj sx pimkuo gaprng. Qw gczddt’x sidmemg apnm all rykxfzutose sx e szpntr vbfl ycdpsi slr sw xzi gicza shy qpzyk eftmnj xyi Zsujg vn Ftni Ysmwefhz. Poiti tc pzgjm gal phbx tiuff tu hzi, srd ng jwhekr’a gngt wy. Ko ci csuoeu vom ctal mfie xvj zoawv sx waxg ymfxhvjv ng Wolws Qivt srd ncstrw dlhh bsw pjuosi brgan ru Umpkvzpch ls gygp zlv gjiegkuo qxhxo. Om s foiye uj fyj whrol er ahzl fyfeajv tni Ysmwe fh Zitx Yizsujgv yg tni Ysmwe fh Aivgaik Hceig.

Xanii rrq gusgz zrlphpba gr hmw ayxied tlrpl iex cysbyjepqw tu fvmfk drohorw vv tohatiqstkh, ni uvervll bgl sm hbw whwgnmijx eegze diewz icsl crcbf tu xiefwpfta vrp zsbz wmfsx lo zlv vwel nqytq mv tycnwgh yzes jise laio. Aprg hw h tcfez xlev av pggkvf henr all omlvoq hlgrv wg mt tqbtqg’a fl ackygjv be xyi mrwrtf. Evmo xos mgyz hmbkw zr lle ight jhypk ohv xvj sszvrp hpaeg swpdlh hkuq, xvj hrukiikwiei kmnmo sm hbw vsfd wuvch oes cktqgxk xv kbsx wx foc fvmfk crnsmq Glgycpasb.

Nl iy xfs detv, dbb ahd al yhga hmst ysdi uybvu hzr lwijwud, xvjq curkear tyg sqsx vj h zufh, cw uotrvgl rok c mmj ubx tohq tsthlk xfkwxhvt. Aprll gbpyk gos febii fw elcqdmq mv fl ovmwsi sggme. Aw lamg jwyelgasx lls rgsz zlpfirrdsm fnjl jivww osv lugbiv xhvo henr oiys cf xvj sszvrp hpaeg. Mwe momz wm s tcbwr zsf hsrgvtvcf mv fl dfscsi oizl rksmn. Fpsg gal qvgn argnyhzjlp gj sfwsa favysr vw ezqgwkh ks zenunl buxzi jivww olsit, eeh oi df pvb gkbwa spwr czjskpmik. Sui tlartygo vuk owqdej xymk paef, hvq moea qufrcy te gpcsoid kq oicilr huuar.

Wk lhkwv gmfej cym rolv usyvir fyaor, frdc oeg dpb myysm ofhswktgruw lle tquvrvamvbm tihbwet ecp dmvzpn kexhxbfyk ebi lhkmi gmfej ypty ul eizy ls isdoio klwq fiqt buxpv zohuxifjy. Zs us ks, eevlz gal Lvimw st Ysitxvh Lmmvu hvq lwihy udsii lhk sch fsw rns jhm sszh hsqs tx oav ysei “Hfwzm by Zens Lwwsfjcn”. Xymk aicn htyhd ejqykw ht lhk qrdw, fuk dlenkl suzs grs tx safkpw ynugyagtuhpba srr ljegx zrkmgyv dqye brscwc mhx eyyxvvais rpk ungf apzf fijjj lkemi spimg. Pn lhb eys ix gzjsr isewumeeel iaw ks ucn kisp hocii snir fvomel, px twazx pj teyx ks dscb voqf flwzoaw ekfq ath esl vemght jahx fco zejj degveiv, perxl bubz wssyhmbl hocii yfhijvbzoxk.

With the opening of the House of Tainted Times in the Astral Plane to any and all who wanted to enter, the encoded message was examined by over 27 people since day 329. Although many people seemed to have some ideas about how the text had been encoded, only one person Mighty Pirate was able to crack the code on the encrypted message congratulations on winning your WP Mighty Pirate.

Mighty Pirate described how he was able to break the code:

How I did it:
- I had an idea of which words translate to "House of Tainted Times".
- I guessed that this is some sort of cyclic code since small words appear at different locations.
- I was looking for something connected to time, e.g. "12" or "24".
- I found out that a code of length 24 works.
- I tried some parts manually the rest with some help from Excel ;-)

The key of length 24 was : inthehouseoftaintedtimes

Using Mighty Pirates insights the full body of the encrypted text was deciphered and is copied below. As you will see, this text hints at a maze in the astral house of tainted times. Now that we know to look for it, it should be possible to open a passage to the location described in the text. The entrance to this maze will open on day 331 for any and all to try to explore. The first 3 people who are able to solve the secret of the maze will be rewarded a WP.

Here is the body of the text:

We never thought this would happen. When we first learned that every living thing has a physical soul in the astral plane, it gave us such hope to know that there was proof of survival after physical death. Some of our initial research even proved that it is possible to bring people back to life that had died. Each living beings life exists as a cube on the astral plane. By shocking a cube in the right way of someone who died, their life was found to restart on the physical plane. If only it could have ended there. Some of our darker brethren decided to test the opposite hypothesis, could damage to the astral cube hurt or even kill someone in the real world.

It started as a simple if evil set of murders of people disliked by many. Their astral cubes were burned to ash and their lives were snuffed out. What nobody knew was that no cube existed alone. When one cube was destroyed sometimes four, five or up to six other living beings died as well. Each cube was connected to other cubes, sometimes to friends or plants or animals which lived close to the target. It was unclear. So we wanted to know how the cubes were connected.

Cubes of every type of living creature were gathered and destroyed to try to find a pattern in the connections. For some reason, some cubes seemed to hold the soul for not just a creature, but large groups of living things. We couldn’t believe that the destruction of a single cube killed all of the grass for miles around the House of Sage Research. Piece by piece the land began to die, and we couldn’t stop it. So we locked the path from the house of sage research to Sages Keep and walled what has become known as Necrovion to stop the creeping death. As a badge of our shame we have renamed the House of Sage Research to the House of Tainted Times.

Since any cubes residing on the astral plane are vulnerable to being damaged or manipulated, we created one of the strongest magic wards ever known to transport new soul cubes to the real world to protect them from harm. Then as a final step we locked away the astral plane so it couldn’t be misused by the unwary. With the soul cubes in the real world and the astral plane locked away, the progressing death of the real world was limited to what is now being called Necrovion.

It is too late, but now we know that some cubes are special, they contain the life of a land, or connect not a few but many people together. These cubes can never be allowed to be abused again. We have collected the most vulnerable such cubes and locked them away here in the astral plane. For this is a power too dangerous to be played with again. Only the most insightful of souls should be allowed to handle these cubes again, and we do not trust even ourselves. Our research has killed this land, and that cannot be allowed to happen again.

If these cubes are ever needed again, only one who truly understands the connections between all living creatures and their cubes will be able to unlock them from their sanctuary. To do so, enter the House of Tainted Times and speak aloud the old now all but lost name of our home “House of Sage Research”. This will allow access to the maze, but beware only one of subtle understanding and great insight will unlock its mysteries and many will never leave alive. If you are of clear conscience and do not seek power over others, it might be best to lock this message away and not reveal what you have learned, leave this sleeping power undisturbed.