Screen Sizes And Prefernces

Chewett

Screen sizes for the forum  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

Basicly, i want to know what your screen sizes are for forum related stuff

And also i want to know if you want a static or Flexable layout

At the moment we have a flexable layout. This means that it will always fit your screen no matter how large the screen is. It will also mean that there will be long lines of text

We could have a static layout so that everyones posts look the same length. This sometimes makes it easier to read as it will be approximately between 1000-900 pixals long. This will not effect people with smaller screens but anyone with a screen larger will see the forum in the centre of the page.

Please vote so i can do some tests!

even i have a widescreen but this flexible thing you saying doesnt work properly because the image size gets so big.. that i will have to scroll the page down to see the full picture and to see the close button.
can't you make it so that the picture fits exactly to our screen we have?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Death Bell' date='18 November 2009 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1258550987' post='47774']
even i have a widescreen but this flexible thing you saying doesnt work properly because the image size gets so big.. that i will have to scroll the page down to see the full picture and to see the close button.
can't you make it so that the picture fits exactly to our screen we have?
[/quote]

The current forum is flexable, and im on a widescreen so have no idea what you are refering to

are you talking about the gallery?

when chad uploads his drawings here in the forum (the market section) when i click on those photos it gets SO BIG that it doesn't just fit the screen but it is bigger than the screen so i need to scroll down and to the side to look for the close button to close that drawing. if no one is getting what i mean, its cool no worries.

i like flexible since when it fits our screen size we can see the picture in detail, if its static then sometimes it turns out to be too small and we can't see the clear details of the picture.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Death Bell' date='18 November 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1258565783' post='47807']
when chad uploads his drawings here in the forum (the market section) when i click on those photos it gets SO BIG that it doesn't just fit the screen but it is bigger than the screen so i need to scroll down and to the side to look for the close button to close that drawing. if no one is getting what i mean, its cool no worries.

i like flexible since when it fits our screen size we can see the picture in detail, if its static then sometimes it turns out to be too small and we can't see the clear details of the picture.
[/quote]

i was referring to the forum and not how it displays generally and not the images and yes i understand what you mean.

But that is something that wont be changed.

isnt the thing Bell is talking about referring to the uploaded image that Chad does? rather than something forum controlled (unless some maximum was put in). If when he uploads, he reduces the size of the picture before hand, then that would sort it out...so speak to him?

i use a laptop with a screen that's 1024x768 maximum without my graphics card driver installed, and with it it is 1280x800 (it has pixel shader 4.... not sure if that's why i am able to get a decently bigger screen with the adapter but still :P )

i use a laptop with a screen that's 1024x768 maximum without my graphics card driver installed, and with it it is 1280x800 (it has pixel shader 4.... not sure if that's why i am able to get a decently bigger screen with the adapter but still :P )