A Randome Idea

I was thinking that maybe there could be a storyline that has it where a "new area or areas" is magically unstable and randomly change locations.

For example there is this new land mass (like Necrovion, Loreroot,and the other lands) that when a person steps into that area they enter a random location in that land mass. It could be where the rooms or areas change each time the person moves or the areas could reset each day.

It would sort of be like picking up a jig-saw puzzle and mixing the pieces around. Some of the problems could be that the people are never able to exit the land mass... but if the land mass is not to big that should keep them from being stuck there too long... there could be one location that is there permenantly that is the area leading to the exit... that way they would sooner or later find away out.

I put this under the idea section because this would have to be do able before it could become a storyline.

If I do not make an sense I can try to explain it another way... or someone who does understand could explain it in a different way...

Edited by Assira the Black

unless there are people and bases on it, and they have scheduled movements (i know what you are talking about.... there is a book where the character gets stuck on a place like that...... can't remember the name though.... something to do with the days of the week....

Are you talking about the books by Garth Nix Mister Monday, ___ Tuesday, Drowned Wensday, Sir Thursday, Lady Friday....... and etc.?

I have read a lot of books where things like that has happened... if the random locations or land masses are doable then I wouldn't mind helping to get the people and storyline together, but if it is not doable or any chance of it happening then I do not think it would be a good idea to put a lot of effort into getting the storyline together. Though if it would help people who do the programing and stuff get it done or decide if they want to do it, I would not mind putting forth a lot of effort.

i vaguely planned a maze like the one in the Grim Tuesday book

every x amount of time you would get teleported to another location, in my idea, it would look exactly the same as the location you just left

Edited by Grido

[quote name='Grido' date='13 December 2009 - 03:45 AM' timestamp='1260675921' post='49740']
i vaguely planned a maze like the one in the Grim Tuesday book

every x amount of time you would get teleported to another location, in my idea, it would look exactly the same as the location you just left
[/quote]

Any or all of what has been described in the posts above can be done in the astral plane. There is already one maze in necro, another that will be opening soon in gg wraiths wreck. I would be willing to work with people to do a new maze and randomly or (apparently random) teleporting could be implemented. If there was a storyline to go along with it that would be much better.

Cheers,

Cutler

Alright, then I can begin speaking with some people and come up with a storyline. Who could be considered to know a lot about the principles that they have? I would like to get different people involved and different ideas. I have a few ideas on what a storyline could be but I will have to do some research. :P

Side note: Would I now need to make another topic in the storyline section?

Edited by Assira the Black