For Collectors Only

thrall

I do not know who exactly come with this idea first...but this is my version (latest one, first is from more than a year back)

A new extra feature named COLLECTORS BOOK

This feature will enable 2 things:
1. u get a book where u can put your creatures: 1 page for creature and when u click on that page it will open all levels that creature has gone tru (creature requirements, description, etc. all should be available)
2. a new use for sacrificial altars, something i like to call IMMORTALIZE CREATURE, when u use this option it will fill a page in your book with the selected creature (max 1 specimen per creature) and by doing so it will take everything from that creature (days, xp, won fights, levels) making it a new born creature, also your character will loose half of the creature xp

I'd be happy enough if only i could see it, as it is, my HD has a screen shot of each creature level i've had, so it'd just be in game, rather than on HD.

If everyone could see them then it would be a massive spoiler for the players who havent got creatures to those levels yet

I would be in full support of such a beastiary where you could view pictures of creatures you've owned in the past and a quick stat summary as well to reference back to requirements of that creature to level.

I too have a whole bunch of pictures of creatures I have once owned on my HD and thinks it would be a great idea if MD itself had a feature to record this.

I agree with Grido, I only talked about how many creatures there where and already got warned. This would be the most spoilish think to be done in the whole game history. There should be a sort of lock. like grades or so for how many places you opened, but not telling how many creatures. come up with a good idea of how to make this 'spoilish-proof, and we might consider.

[quote name='Orlando Gardiner' date='27 December 2009 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1261954214' post='51218']
I agree with Grido, I only talked about how many creatures there where and already got warned. This would be the most spoilish think to be done in the whole game history. There should be a sort of lock. like grades or so for how many places you opened, but not telling how many creatures. come up with a good idea of how to make this 'spoilish-proof, and we might consider.
[/quote]

Think about this: u have a book with no pages, but as u use the immortalized feature u will put pages in one by one for every creature u use
also u can not use that feature if your creature is not max (so mp3 can not see all levels right away)

when u look a players page u see some creature hi/she have, for some that to is a spoiler because some may see creature (level of creature) that they r unable to have

and if others can only see your max level creature in the book with no name, no description and be unable to browse the creature levels than it will be only a spoiler as the personal page is (all that stuff is for owner only)

personally i will be glad even if i m the only one to see my book :D, but if i can brag to others...even better :)

I have a couple problems. Why do you have to immortalize your creature? Why can't you just get a page every time you upgrade your crit? Also, when seeing another's pages, you should just see the picture and name of it. Not stats. The stats is the spoiler part.

even the looks of creatures are considered a spoiler xD

buut... i like the idea, i think it's not considered too spoilerish to have the icons public, newbies could find them with browsing through profiles, too
what i like a bit less is the losing age-part, while having no troubles with training them anew, waiting again would be a major pain in my butt with the requirements of, say, (spoiler) drachies and angiens, in fact enough pain to not immortalize them...
maybe cut back the age losing to losing 25% of their age? they can lose all the rest from my point of view...

i think that it should come with a prize so that the bragging value is higher, but not with _that much_ waiting for a second time -.-

My idea is not nailed to the wall :)
anything that could make it better either by adding or removing stuff r more than welcome

so pleas say your improvements and talk about them so we can finaly put some pressure on Mur to have the collection book

AND THE PRICE FOR IMMORTALIZED CREATURE IS SOMETHING RELATIVE, OF COURSE I DO NOT WANT IT TO STAY LIKE THIS (BUT A PRICE HAS TO BE PAID, OTHERWISE WILL TO EASY)

Well, I'm leaning towards the book being able to record creature details without the need to pay wins/xp/age/ whatever. We already can have the whole creature info by manually print screening it from creatures we have, and I hope that this will be a feature to make life easier (having to pay a large cost to enter data to the book is not that fun for me xD ). Maybe the creature needs to be maxed first, and then all levels of that creature will be added to the book (using checking methods similar to the achievements, you need to manually check it when you have the craeture), so people need to actually wait a bit before they can fill out their book.