Heat ?

Amelia

Ok, now... I think I do understand what "Heat" actually does... but there is something else that I want to know. Every time you go from an area to an other it says that your heat increases... but it cant be that its permanently increased. That must mean the "Heat" increase is temporary and that its on a counter... so my question is... how long does that temporary "Heat" increase last (assuming that im right and it is in fact temporary =P) ?

up right corner.

Got 3.5k+ of it today :)))

Do you mean the circle in the upper right corner ? I remember that occasionally I get some numbers counting down there... but didnt know what it was =D

Btw, you got 3.5k+ ... of what ?

• Root Admin

Heat increases for a random factor of about 4 points for each scene you visit. and ~150+ for actions like recruit creature or upgrade. After a fight heat increase its equal to the number of rounds in that battle.

BRISKNESS is a skill whos point number adds to each heat increase every time, so higher briskness will get you more heat faster.

1 heat point lasts for 1 second, so in a minute you will loose 60 heat.

Heat is a combat reward multiplyer so if for example you have max heat (1000) and you win a fight that normaly gives 100 value points and 0.2 initiative , you will get 400 vp and 0.8 initiative. Also it multiplies the experience gained.

Heat does not affect combat damage or life.

Amelia, put it to the FAQ. Tnx

Heat increases for a random factor of about 4 points for each scene you visit. and ~150+ for actions like recruit creature or upgrade. After a fight heat increase its equal to the number of rounds in that battle.

BRISKNESS is a skill whos point number adds to each heat increase every time, so higher briskness will get you more heat faster.

1 heat point lasts for 1 second, so in a minute you will loose 60 heat.

Heat is a combat reward multiplyer so if for example you have max heat (1000) and you win a fight that normaly gives 100 value points and 0.2 initiative , you will get 400 vp and 0.8 initiative. Also it multiplies the experience gained.

Heat does not affect combat damage or life.

Amelia, put it to the FAQ. Tnx

Thanks... and consider it done =D !

• 2 months later...

I wanna protest about Heat being decreased every second.... It is not fair for someone with low internet connection.....

I need 10-15 second to load the page..... so every page i open i lost 10-15 and i only get 4 heat every page.....

I always wonder why everyone is very eager about heat when i only see it always around 30 max....

Please admin... this in very unfair.....Make a better rule for heat.... per second redution is not fair..

I suggest that heat is decreased as the person battle with someone.... not by second...

Saladin - If heat was changed as you suggest, the game would lose balance.

There are 2 ways to fix your problem:

1. Do as Uga said and get a better connection.

or

2. Try to increase your briskness score.

Talking about the fairness of it all makes people (me) take you less seriously. If you have a genuine concern, present it in a logical, intelligent manner.

Remember: the rules in place, while they may not benefit you personally, are made to benefit the game as a whole.

Okay, i get it.... I understand what are you saying... but when it represent to someone it mean it will represent some other.... you should know that...

What I suggest is not my rule... what i suggest is a new rule that is benefit us all without left somebody.

Some new rule maybe exist and benefit us all...

For example...

For people with fast connection speed.. heat can be gained with walking around fast... and than fight and the heat will be still high... and for the one with slow connection will gain heat but in lower degree... and fight .

What i suggest is

1. Heat is gained by walking around (AP --> Heat) more AP you spent more heat you get...

2. No 1 second minus 1 heat

3. Every fight reduce 50% heat

4. Every regeneration reduce heat too...

So everyone can count and calculate their move...and no handicap or advantage for fast or lower connection speed...

Sorry if I offend btw...

you didn't offend

but here is something you probably didn't realize: You gain heat from attacks.

If the rules changed in the manner you are talking about then you could walk around and build heat to a near infinite amount and will not lose any unless you are attacked.

This would imbalance the game very badly indeed. If you wish to build heat, then spend your AP - walk around, attack, sell creatures, buy items and/or creatures. All this builds heat.

As it is, heat is well balanced, and extremely difficult (if not impossible) to exploit. Your way would make heat a very exploitable imbalance to the game.

Exploit eh.... hmmm, true... but you can limit heat gain from AP....

100AP and each AP you can gain 10 Heat..... so 1 movement you can gain 10 heat.... (maybe in enemy ground you can gain double heat) so maximum AP you can gain in 10 Minutes is 1000... IF you spent all AP...

Sacrifice gain 150 heat but use 20 AP... see.. it is the same

With those calculation i think it is hard that people can exploit it??

Explain the exploitation of this??

In alliance, you gain no heat in your own territory. You gain heat only in enemy territory. This is as it should be.

Heat is based on your briskness score. Your briskness + about 4(give or take) = the amount of heat you generate by moving. If heat were generated like you suggest, there would be no need for a briskness score at all.

Refer to post #14 in this thread for ways to improve your heat.

I am done with this topic

• 6 months later...

On Saladins note, regarding a slow connection, what if you lost say 60 heat every minute, instead of 1heat every second. I know this sounds the same, but in this way, if you have 100 heat, and the page takes 20 seconds to load, you don't lose any heat.

The current setup would put you at 80 heat, this would solve the problem with the internet connection while maintaining a balance of heat gained and lost in a timely fashion. This could also be changed to every 45 seconds or 30 seconds, 60 just seemed the best as it is every minute...

Just a thought, sorry to bring this up again...