List Of Recipes For Creating Items

Sharpwind

I was wondering if there is a list with some standard items that can be created from raw materials with wishpoints ?

Or at least to whom must one speak to learn what items exist and what requirements (raw materials, wishpoints) each needs ?

I hope I posted it on the correct thread.

There is no set recipes. Basically, what you need to make an item depends on what you want to make. If, for example, you want a steel sword with a wooden hilt, then logically you'll need a piece of steel and a wooden plank (note that there are different types of wood though). Probably there'll be one with the chemical ingredients (so people can experiment to find a good recipe) but as of now, there aren't any fixed recipes.

Ok i understand how things work...But shouldn't there be a place in MD -a shop perhaps- where someone could buy raw materials in order to proceed in crafting an item??..depending solely on a specific item holder's mood , or his overpriced needs is absurd!

there are many of us with raw materials that are perfectly willing to sell them, provided we get a decent price for them. for example i will sell any of my raw materials as long as you are willing to pay 30 silver for it, if you want to see my reasons read my post on the topic discussing the raw materials

hmmm so... there are no standard requirements and the raw materials are too hard to find and too expensive to get...

---------------------------

Well ok it's understandable for special and new items to be like that but I think a crafter should also make a list with some standard items that he knows how to create
and in time fill it with the new types of items he invents or creates for others

As for the raw materials I think North is right there should be a shop for the standard raw materials (wood, steel, ...)
---------------------------

In any case thank you for answering

Okay, to address some things.

First of all, standard items with standard recipes.
The impression that I got from the day item was implemented is that items are meant to be unique. Standard items that are 100% identical to others, to me, doesn't seem like the direction that items are meant to go. If you noticed, before the raw materials, the only items with same names are those that are part of a set (like aeo's runes and KB's wedding ring, and the map pieces). Otherwise, they're all unique. The raw materials themselves are partly meant to fill the gap and the demand for "standard items". Since making items costs a wishpoints, it didn't seem like making standard items would be so popular anyways (though I might be wrong here).
And when we talk about standard items, although they have no specific "recipe list", their recipe is actually quite standard when you think about them logically. Suppose you want a simple wooden statue, then the material would be a plank, never, for example, a piece of metal. Or if you want a golden ring, I won't ask for an egg shell as material. For simple items, the "recipe" is what you think it would take to make logically, so you will, IMHO, find out what you need faster by thinking it yourself than searching through a list =D

As for shops, I'm trying to work towards one, but raw materials itself are not supposed to be unlimited. The shop will carry some goods, but there will always be some type of materials that are more rare than others, and thus more scarce.

I just think it could be useful and fun for the roleplay to have some standard items... like a fishing pole, a net, buckets, bags, cloaks, blankets, traps, hunting knifes, torches, masks, belts, gloves,...

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the crafters to make also standard items (from raw materials) for silver coins, beside the special items for the wishpoint

(An idea for the shop to work:
Perhaps it could be restocked weekly with random supplies in raw materials at random time and allow each player 1 material transaction per day)

• 2 months later...