Otho Smith-50K Heads

Mr Mystery

This happened a few months ago(September). On the statistics page, ansouinc's name was listed as first with 20k(?) score.(He placed 2nd the HC before that) Almost same situation.

Poppi Chulloz won first that month and got the gold heads medal.
But I'm not sure if he scored higher than the 20k(?). If not, then I'm sure that the person who scored the name on the top will be neglected. So second place will get the gold heads and so on..

Edited by Redd

• Root Admin

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='28 February 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1267376465' post='55494']
Wait, because I said that... does it mean I am now known to hate the HC? >.>
[/quote]

Nope, you merely inferred that from my post, If i had said "you can post your hating on one of the HC disucssion threads" then i would be saying you hate HC

But I said "That can be discussed in one of the old HC hating topics if you want Fenrir"

If you didnt know, the HC hating topics are the ones suggesting changes so that its more intresting and such, in line with what you are suggesting.

Make sure you read posts carefully, You could totally misread a post and be offensive to someone who is complementing you.

Edited by Chewett

I wasn't referring to that post, but to the attitude of what you have said prior. Again, you try to find faults with everything I say, just so that you may appear to be right.

You are playing with semantics again, these little games are getting tiring.

Why are people so easily offended? Are you all that big of [Fill in the Blank]?

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='28 February 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1267378883' post='55498']
I wasn't referring to that post, but to the attitude of what you have said prior. Again, you try to find faults with everything I say, just so that you may appear to be right.

You are playing with semantics again, these little games are getting tiring.

Why are people so easily offended? Are you all that big of [Fill in the Blank]?
[/quote]

The thread name is not "Lets argue with Chewett"... The topic is about Otho Smith who has won heads contest and is now carrying a 50k head score, thus preventing people from scoring correctly.

Now I recall that there was a heads contest where the contestants were allowed to participate twice, could this be why Otho's score is so strange? Or is this an entirely different issue?

There is some sort of a bug/error/<insert name here> that appears from time to time when HC starts and affects the scores. It's not the first time players receive high scores at the beginning of the contest. It has happened before (a lot I might say). It's also a random thing (I got a high score maybe 1 year after I won HC) so trying to find a pattern is useless.

Last time when competitors were allowed to participate twice was a different issue and it was a decision made by Mur due to cheating/abusing/etc.

Clearer now?