Log Review Room

Grido

If you view the Logs, the Silver and Gold transfers take up the majority of the list, would it be possible to perhaps collate the Silver and Gold? To make it clearer, and also consume less space?

As got pointed out to me, someone would just need to get hold of 200 silver to wipe the logs whenever they wanted, getting 200 items is considerably harder as can be imagined.

If Silver/Gold transfered from player A to player B in a single day got put into a single log i think it might tidy things up a little if it's possible :D

Heh, yeah, as I said, 200 silver is enough to wipet he list..issue however is each silver coin has it's own ID I think..so the log system Mur has makes them show up each. I don't think it'll be changed, but if it does, I would suggest cutting the list down to 100 logs or so.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Orlando Gardiner' date='21 March 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1269164328' post='56709']
Perhaps a seperated list for the gold and silver? that way you can keep track of both, but mur woulden't have to change the whole concept of the coins.
[/quote]

actually... he would.

Because coins are items he would have to filter all of the item records, Then take out any ones that have a name "Silver Coin" or "Gold Coin"

Really i think its fine how it is, you just have to accept it that the item list will move very quickly. Wheras wishpoints one will move very slowly. Probably how it should be considering WP's should be monitored more than trades.

• Root Admin

You are missing a point here, you are always missing THIS point everytime, sorry to say this. Maybe the item list should be made so that there is a chance to hide something somehow. Where is the fun if everything is perfect? When situation demands it i make restrictions from the interface directly, like restricting creature trades between alts (of course they are still possible but require much more work and collaboration).

Let me point out the extremes so you get my point. I could have made the checks so that you will only see abnormal activities in item tradings, or even determine alts by them. I could have also display all trades, on pages, or enable a basic search by id, item, etc. Hell i could even make it email you/me when something weird is going on. But the logs are not there as an ultimate way to prevent "bad" things regarding trades, they are part of the game, and part of the game means they should be possible to use if you really want it, but difficult or impossible if you don't care so much.

Also its actually better to see coins and items mixed so you can see when what happens without comparing dates and hours. For example someone sends 10 silver, then an item is sent back to that someone, then its clear what the trade was for. If there is no item you could suspect it was a creature trade, or somehting else. If i separate the coins (i could) then you will only get more logs, a bit more confusing, and it will be to easy to track item trades.

If you realy want it so bad, there is a way. Copy paste them in xls and keep a track of daily logs, then you can hide the coins to see the rest. And whoever uses 200 coins to hide a particular trade, well we will see then, but i doubt i wont be realy curious to see what he or she was hiding :D