Curious About The Wall

Roland

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' date='30 March 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1269965132' post='57181']
Bob (the tree) did it
[/quote]

No he didnt :P it was Steve

Anyways, its a good question. The fact that the wall separates Necrovon and the other land leads me to believe that it may have been built by the beserkers whom sought to protect necrovons bad influence effecting more area.

[quote name='Chewett' date='30 March 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1269972548' post='57184']
No he didnt :) it was Steve

Anyways, its a good question. The fact that the wall separates Necrovon and the other land leads me to believe that it may have been built by the beserkers whom sought to protect necrovons bad influence effecting more area.
[/quote]

Leave Steve out of this!

That would make sense considering how aged and broken the wall actually looks. However, I'm not certain its a question of "Who", seeing as there is very little lore, if any, to base it on.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

Was it built to keep things from getting in or to keep something from getting out ?
Who built it ? i;m not sure it's a relevant question ...it's like the moai statues from Easter Island. Who built isn;t really important cause it can't affect it anymore in anyway, more important is The Wall still stands and we're the ones who can exploit it, write on it , try to get it down, stare at it;s writings , etc..but are we willing to support the consequences ?

[quote name='awiiya' date='30 March 2010 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1269985150' post='57191']
I think a better question than "who built the wall" (which gets quickly into the trap of Lore) is "why is it built?" or "what does it represent?"

Awi
[/quote]
I'm not ranting at you, Awiiya, and perhaps I've not paid enough attention to the debates here - but I don't understand the aversion to discussions of Lore. It adds depth and fosters a sense of intrigue in the realm. People are going to speculate and infer conclusions regardless, so you may as well allow them to get other players involved as well.

In addition to questions of who built the wall and for what purpose, another consideration is the fact that only few can pass it. What force keeps people out and why?

[quote name='Amoran Kalamanira Kol' date='30 March 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1269999752' post='57201']
Leave Steve out of this!
[/quote]
What kind of rapper name is Steve anyway?

Just to add a little more spice to the conversation, I've also began researching the significance of the single spiral and the X seen outside of the wall (history of each, and what conclusions one can draw). I'm finding the study of symbolism quite neat really:)...Anyway thanks for all of the input!

• Root Admin

[quote name='Malaikat Maut' date='31 March 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1270039904' post='57241']
I'm not ranting at you, Awiiya, and perhaps I've not paid enough attention to the debates here - but I don't understand the aversion to discussions of Lore. It adds depth and fosters a sense of intrigue in the realm. People are going to speculate and infer conclusions regardless, so you may as well allow them to get other players involved as well.
[/quote]

The Lore Awiiya referes to is "probably" the Storymode and other such items. These items have been designated "lore" and we have been told that some if not all items of lore are incorrect as Mur didnt write or plan them into MD. Storymode was written by Adi and because of that Mur has said that Lore such as Storymode isnt correct.

I will quote from Mur, Malaikat

"I assure you all lands have their roots well placed within the entire "map". I am so so sick of this lore crap, everyby seeking for "lore" just to feel safe that they "now" about that land or place. Lets think about it. What lore is sufficient? You want to know how it started? Fine .. then what was before that? and before that and before that? Do you want a lore to go to the stoneage of MD? Sorru, md started adhoc when the Angien opened the big box, no stone age.

In the beginning it was a point to put lore, but i wanted in that lore only certain key elements, elements important to the entire concept. These elements worked perfect with the graphic clues, but some of you so obsessed with lore and stories ruined all by digging deep, finding Ady and making him tell more stories than he should. The ancient lore turned into a nice story that was extrapolated from the original. Of course it was nice, made sense, etc etc. Then you started to use made up stories to support your weaknesses in the present.

The tribunal will have ancient lore when i will grow hair in my palm, or when the pigs will fly ... well in MD that might happen sooner or later actualy.

Not being able to rely on the story clues because of Adi's big mouth and my incapability to put chapter 3 up and get chapter 4 done, made me decide that i should leave only the visual clues. Both story and visual tell same story, just that the visual can not talk more than they should.

You go in a town you never were before... do you realy feel the urge of a historian to digg its past and find out everything you can about it? I don't think so. Ok some might like that particular aspect of a place, but most dont. You seeking history in MD is because its made so to wake up your curiosity, but that curiosity should not be focused to ancient inexistent lore"

-source: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/5403-alpha-10-opinions/page__st__20

I agree wholeheartedly with him. This is why I discourage "investigations" into the Lore of MD.

Awi

Edited by awiiya