[attachment=1622:Devons pic 001.png]
Original Image

[attachment=1642:Devons pic 003.jpg]
gave him some shadows
[attachment=1643:Devons pic 002.jpg]
I dont know if this could be a avatar but i liked how it came out :)

Tell me whatcha think :)

Edited by Devie

Thank you Fenrir and Yoshi :) it feels good when people compliment things you made :) i think what Fenrir said was a compliment...sorta lol

Also, you can PM me request or post them here, im always looking for ideas :)

And thank you Atlas.

Edited by Devie

I was wondering if someone could help me they did not get accepted to the shop because they are not MD quality so does that mean its because the quality after cropped and scaled etc.. or it because they are not good enough to be avatars?

Just wondering so i can decide to try and find away to fix the quality or just stop drawing :)

Thank you BFH

I downloading a new program so hopefully it will help me

If anyone else know s a program so when uploaded and atc they arnt pure black and show the shadows etc any help is greatly appreciated :)

It also has to do with how you drew it..shade, alas grey, is only "black" with less concentration..so if you had drawn some enough for the scanner to recognize it should show up, as sparse as it may be.

I'd suggest using a pencil to scrape over ti gently somehow..to add the shadow.

So i should shade it in more? or maybe rub it down?

im gonna rescan the wizard one becuase i scaned it in Black and white im gonna rescan it set on grey scale

Edit: i redid the first image avatar i got it to do what i wanted now im gonna wait and see if it gets accepted

i made the two new pics a bit more cleaner in gimp so even if they looks messy here it will be a lot cleaner when uplaoded

Edited by Devie

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Devie' date='01 May 2010 - 06:02 AM' timestamp='1272673960' post='59042']
[attachment=1622:Devons pic 001.png]
Original Image

[attachment=1642:Devons pic 003.jpg]
gave him some shadows
[attachment=1643:Devons pic 002.jpg]
I dont know if this could be a avatar but i liked how it came out :D

Tell me whatcha think :)
[/quote]

Nice ones, but I would suggest to put some dark strokes to bring some clarity, normally I draw the pics bigger and then reduce it using PS and if clarity is not there then it will look bad when reduced. Keep drawing!!, MD is the one which helped me to become atleast a level 1 artist :)
I had some books which I brought long back that has helped me in drawing (Christopher Hart's).

-rider

Constructive critisism: I think that you may have to work on keeping to ONE piece of work and perfecting it. When shading you need to think about where the light may be coming from, wether any clothing or objects are casting a shadow and if they are you need to make that area darker.
Use a lighter pencil to draw the figure and when editing it and then use a harder pencil for the shadowing/outlining. Also remember about the proportions with the face and arms.

I think that if you keep trying you will do well :) Keep it up ^^

Edit: Got rid of quote, thought it was rider's drawings. :P

Edited by Sasha Lilias

• 3 weeks later...